Author Topic: Gd food KL  (Read 112866 times)

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
Re: Gd food KL
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2011, 04:07:59 PM »
I had the "hokkien char" at Taman Paramount, so called the famous one in PJ last week, but to my disappointment, the Hokkien noddle taste horrible, the standard has dropped  :thumbsdown: I went there with high expectation, but disappointment also high...

So, this shop is out of my list  :HammerHead:

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline kinson

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2011, 06:02:00 PM »
I had the "hokkien char" at Taman Paramount, so called the famous one in PJ last week, but to my disappointment, the Hokkien noddle taste horrible, the standard has dropped  :thumbsdown: I went there with high expectation, but disappointment also high...

So, this shop is out of my list  :HammerHead:

where in PJ is this one? The best one Hokkien Noodle IMHO is at Ah Wa near Jalan 222 (next to Shell). The OnS Hokkien Noodle changed guy already.

Offline siodee

« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2011, 08:01:42 AM »
At Taman Paramount, just opposite of the Caltex gas station, I will try yr suggested place, is it the best in PJ??
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline kinson

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2011, 08:07:03 AM »
At Taman Paramount, just opposite of the Caltex gas station, I will try yr suggested place, is it the best in PJ??

Yeah, that's O&S, the guy moved already, so it's not the same guy anymore.

You should try Ah Wa near the Shell. It's 5 mins drive from there.

I found a link: http://christinelifeslikethis.blogspot.com/2010/01/ahwa-hokkien-mee-off-jalan-222-pj.html

Good luck :)

Offline takashi78

« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2011, 08:41:28 AM »
Sorry to say this but i swore to myself never going to Ah Wa ever again. :-\

The entire coffee shop is really overpriced IMO.

Story goes like this, one weekend i was there with Chris.

Maybe prices have gone up but i feel the prices of even the stall there is expensive for PJ standards.

1- Simple fruit rojak small size, RM6 or was it RM7?
2- Grilled stingray Chris went and asked the price for a bloody small piece rm25 where other places max charge rm15-rm18.

Now comes the worst, i ordered 1pax portion for hokkien mee and canton "yin yong".
Canton fried came less than 5mins which was weird since other tables food still not arrive and we came latest.
Never mind but it looks to be just flat noodle and no bee hon inside. Which means they gave me wrong order, i send it back.
Fella came back saying yes that is yin yong, i said where is the bee hon trying to dig for it....KNS there was like ONE spoon max of bee hon inside only and that fella dare to insist that is ying yong !!!
Chris figured they have "leftovers" from a previous batch and gave that to us. Food wasnt hot also, KNS Chris said just leave it.

The portion even a kid cant get full!

Then comes the hokkien mee after a long time, when it came, guess what, its 2 person portion instead of the 1pax i ordered, we left it cause we hungry.

Only good thing that came out of this was the hokkien mee was good but the so called yin yong was pedestrian.

I CANNOT stand service and to me dishonesty of the stall like this.

Sorry i can still get good hokkien mee elsewhere. Aint going back to Ah Wa anymore unless i dont have to pay for it.

Sorry to go on like this....Chris knows how pissed i was then :P

Offline kinson

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2011, 08:53:13 AM »
@takashi78:

*Comforts. I know how you'd feel. I'm especially particular about customer service, and I'd do the same if I were treated like that too. Touch wood I haven't been treated like that, so hopefully it stays that way, hehe. I admit they're quite expensive nowadays, which is why I go there less nowadays. I like the taufoo bakar (though nothing special), hehe.

In the end, the best way to protest bad food/customer service is with our wallets, and we should do just that :)

Offline siodee

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2011, 09:06:43 AM »
hmm..let me try that over this week, and see how is the services. Did you guys wear nice or like ah Beng when you dine there???

Offline kinson

« Reply #82 on: May 24, 2011, 09:07:50 AM »
It's a normal coffee shop, so you can just go in your bata slippers if you want. Let me know if advance if you want company, I live around the corner, lol.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #83 on: May 24, 2011, 09:39:36 AM »
Its a coffee shop, i aint wearing my Armani and Hermes shoes and cashmere tshirt there LOL.

The one i cant stand is them giving us the "leftovers" and INSIST that its what we ordered but it only had 5% bee hon instead of at least half half like it should be.

Offline siodee

« Reply #84 on: May 24, 2011, 09:47:57 AM »
Its a coffee shop, i aint wearing my Armani and Hermes shoes and cashmere tshirt there LOL.

The one i cant stand is them giving us the "leftovers" and INSIST that its what we ordered but it only had 5% bee hon instead of at least half half like it should be.

Haha, I got what you mean, if without the kids around, I will KNN, Txxxx the fellow liao  :Laughing_on_floor:

It's a normal coffee shop, so you can just go in your bata slippers if you want. Let me know if advance if you want company, I live around the corner, lol.

Sure, Bro, if I plan to go, I will let you know..but most likely I will wear like Ah beng... :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: May 24, 2011, 02:51:38 PM »
go no name hokkien mee at jln cheras near pgrm better lah.... just longer waiting time.

Offline kinson

« Reply #86 on: May 24, 2011, 03:22:25 PM »
go no name hokkien mee at jln cheras near pgrm better lah.... just longer waiting time.

The corner there? Next to the petrol station? I heard about it, and was in the area, but I ended up at McD instead, haha. I like the Kepala Ikan Cheras nearby, though...the mutton there is nice :)

Offline takashi78

« Reply #87 on: May 24, 2011, 03:30:02 PM »

Agree Chris, i rather wait that go to that place again.

Offline sshark

« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2011, 03:35:10 PM »
yea.. screw those bad attitude hawkers :)

Offline kinson

« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2011, 03:45:59 PM »
yea.. screw those bad attitude hawkers :)

Agreed. I recently had a bad experience at the SS14 fried chicken rice. The owner of the stall itself was nice, but the uncle selling the drinks wasn't happy that I didn't order a drink and asked him to wipe the table for me (the previous person's plate etc was still there). It's not like I didn't buy anything also, but he wasn't happy, then later I could see him complaining to another staff, and when I asked him what was wrong, he pointed to the table he was standing next to and said "this table not clean meh?" and a lot of other nonesense in a very confrontational way. The thing is that the table he was at was occupied when I was looking for a table to sit at, lol. After that he walked away and continued glaring at me, ahhaa. Malaysia FTW.

Offline siodee

« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2011, 07:43:10 AM »
If you dont like the place, just walk away, then the waiter or owner will come forward, then express yr dissatisfaction to them, let them know. I did that for sometime, and best part, sometime they dont bother at all, especially the mamak, after makan, ask the Boss to kira, they dont response, then we walk away  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2011, 09:25:37 AM »

The corner there? Next to the petrol station? I heard about it, and was in the area, but I ended up at McD instead, haha. I like the Kepala Ikan Cheras nearby, though...the mutton there is nice :)

yes. It's end lot next to Petronas
bcareful with the curry kepala ikan, my ex boss rented a shop to this KIC in Prima saujana KAJANG
so I used to hv the curry there...

If u like curry kepala ikan, try the kg attap one
crowded n expensive but taste is gd still

Offline takashi78

« Reply #92 on: May 25, 2011, 11:39:38 AM »
Why be careful of the curry fish head?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »

Some time in out in out fridge many time

revisited this Sarawak laksa in bangsar happy garden
still maintain the STD
after tried the best in Kuching
this is not bad actually
but I prefer the swak one bcoz the herbs n spices is stronger
the yuen sai is small but better taste
this one more eggs, more bean sprout n mo sweet
anyway, still the best swak laksa in kl

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2011, 11:21:58 PM »

Some time in out in out fridge many time

revisited this Sarawak laksa in bangsar happy garden
still maintain the STD
after tried the best in Kuching
this is not bad actually
but I prefer the swak one bcoz the herbs n spices is stronger
the yuen sai is small but better taste
this one more eggs, more bean sprout n mo sweet
anyway, still the best swak laksa in kl

which part in Bangsar happy garden??
what time they open~?
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2011, 07:16:50 AM »
Judging from Chris pic i would say for the morning crowd and maybe lunch also.

Offline sshark

« Reply #96 on: June 14, 2011, 08:49:38 AM »
Peter, u really a time master. By looking just at bowl of mee you can tell it is either morning or afternoon :)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #97 on: June 14, 2011, 08:57:25 AM »
My photo got time n date stamped!!!

It's last row of shop from bsc... Corner facing residential houses

Offline Fairy Oly

« Reply #98 on: June 14, 2011, 09:14:15 AM »
hahahahahaha okay... good one lol ya how come i didnt see the time hmmm but where is it in happy garden???
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Offline kinson

« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2011, 09:15:47 AM »
My photo got time n date stamped!!!

It's last row of shop from bsc... Corner facing residential houses

The one with the nice duck rice and facing the fruit stalls?