Author Topic: Gd food KL  (Read 111930 times)

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
Re: Gd food KL
« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2014, 05:08:56 PM »
What youngsters??? uncle also like tat nowadays... possibly those are the "young" uncles ;)

'Young' uncles, good one man.  :thumbsup:

I was an uncle when I was barely 12 (My eldest brother is much older). His kids looks like my siblings! And one of my cousins kids is older than me.

I'm a real 'young' uncle!

Haha, me too.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Seiko fan.....

Offline swleong

« Reply #176 on: April 30, 2014, 06:23:53 PM »
Holiday coming, so food hunting time again!!

Recommended by a foodie friend, Han Lim Seafood restaurant in Taman Midah Cheras selling fresh, delicious and reasonably priced seafood.

The concept of Han Lim is like wet market x restaurant, you pick the seafood (big big prawns, live crabs, sea fishes, clams, sotong etc from the stalls (which cut of the fish you want also can choose) and tell them how you like it to be cooked.

Already been there twice since I knew about the place 3 weeks ago, highly recommended.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: But for sure can't compete with those in KK like in Chris's photos.

Don't think is Halal though.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #177 on: April 30, 2014, 10:03:12 PM »

Recommended by a foodie friend, Han Lim Seafood restaurant in Taman Midah Cheras selling fresh, delicious and reasonably priced seafood.

The concept of Han Lim is like wet market x restaurant, you pick the seafood (big big prawns, live crabs, sea fishes, clams, sotong etc from the stalls (which cut of the fish you want also can choose) and tell them how you like it to be cooked.

Already been there twice since I knew about the place 3 weeks ago, highly recommended.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: But for sure can't compete with those in KK like in Chris's photos.

I remember MWF went to this restaurant before it move to current place. They started beside the Tmn midah wet market.

http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php?topic=1614.0

Fresh seafood from perak daily.... At very reasonable price!

Cooking skill improved over the yrs in fact

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #178 on: May 13, 2014, 01:54:24 PM »

3 lil' pigs and the big bad wolf. Non-Halal. Love the fat patty! 

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #179 on: October 10, 2014, 05:10:30 PM »

Remember some1 shared me this
Hilton lane first stall between wisma genting n wisma cosway

It's not really nasi lemak
But it's good... More like Penang style Malay cooking dishes and rice

The price is reasonable also

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #180 on: December 14, 2015, 07:24:32 AM »
It's been quiet here

Hilton corner nasi lemak
Sweet Watery sambal mixed with curries ( chicken, egg, sotong, sardine)

Offline reventon

• Freshie
« Reply #181 on: December 22, 2015, 11:17:46 AM »

Is this the corner one and beside terrace house area ?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #182 on: December 22, 2015, 04:26:35 PM »

Is this the corner one and beside terrace house area ?

Yes

Used to at the end lot shop next to Midah wet market
MWF members tried out there those days

Now cooking also improved
Price also proved.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #183 on: December 22, 2015, 04:35:34 PM »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #184 on: February 03, 2016, 07:44:59 PM »

Yong Tau fu In Ampang I love most

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #185 on: February 15, 2016, 09:06:08 AM »

Offline Harry33

• Freshie
« Reply #186 on: February 26, 2016, 09:54:23 PM »
Just tried Han Lim seafood recently. Food was good but the chili sauce was extremely disappointing. Could have provided some "sang har chili sauce". Instead what they had was....sigh forgettable. Maybe kg koh would have done a better job.

Offline koyote73

• Freshie
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2016, 05:32:57 PM »
I'm an Indian foodie so will recommend two good places for banana leaf rice to die for

1) Curry Leaves - Authentic Indian cuisine with a wide range of dishes. They have two branches. One in Jln. Rasah in Seremban and the other in Uptown. Their kitchen is very clean.

2) Aunty Manju's - New restaurant in TTDI next to Starbucks. The proprietors are foodies themselves so you can expect fresh delicious food out of the kitchen 

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2016, 09:33:54 AM »
I'm an Indian foodie so will recommend two good places for banana leaf rice to die for

1) Curry Leaves - Authentic Indian cuisine with a wide range of dishes. They have two branches. One in Jln. Rasah in Seremban and the other in Uptown. Their kitchen is very clean.

2) Aunty Manju's - New restaurant in TTDI next to Starbucks. The proprietors are foodies themselves so you can expect fresh delicious food out of the kitchen

the Jalan Rasah iindian cuisine is it same row with hong leong bank?
by the way... banana leave lah

Offline koyote73

• Freshie
« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2016, 05:26:59 PM »
You're right Chisyen, the place is off Jln Rasa but name is Curry Leaf Restaurant, Seremban

Opening hours: 7am-4pm, 6pm-12am daily.
Service: Good.
Price: RM30 for 3 persons.

Location: Restaurant Curry Leaf, 1274 Jalan Rasah, 70300 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan. (opposite Public Bank Rasah Branch)

Tel: 06-7628758

GPS Coordinates: 2.705922,101.94033

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2016, 09:07:48 AM »
You're right Chisyen, the place is off Jln Rasa but name is Curry Leaf Restaurant, Seremban

Opening hours: 7am-4pm, 6pm-12am daily.
Service: Good.
Price: RM30 for 3 persons.

Location: Restaurant Curry Leaf, 1274 Jalan Rasah, 70300 Seremban, Negeri Sembilan. (opposite Public Bank Rasah Branch)

Tel: 06-7628758

GPS Coordinates: 2.705922,101.94033

thanks dude!

sorry, my bad on the banana leaf... lol
didnt know curry leaf is actually their shop name

Offline arthuryap

• Freshie
« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2016, 07:02:52 AM »
guys can try on having the thai food at BBQ thai which located at OKR.. the food there is really nice

Offline asimo

« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2016, 01:46:45 PM »
try  newly opened Songkla authentic thai food at Bandar Puteri Puchong (beside Old Town Cafe)..
they are the 1st branch of the famous Songkla Thai restaurant at Rawang... (pork free)

Another really good thai food is same row as Hong Leong Bank Bdr Puteri Puchong (right beside Old
School cafe) .. i think the shop name is Pranakon (if i remember correctly... non halal)

Offline Samsuy

« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2016, 10:25:30 PM »
I like the nasi lemak at sea park, it is not spicy and the price is very cheap. Rm5 can get egg and chicken with nasi lemak. You all should try. It is near to Maybank beside...

Offline opp61

• Newbie to this forum
« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2017, 08:31:47 AM »
Yes the Nasi Lemak next to Maybank is good.

I also like the vegetarian stall at the corner. They have an array of veggie foods which are great and they make a nasty laksa noodle too . They open from 7 am to around 3 pm.

Try it.!

Offline opp61

• Newbie to this forum
« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2017, 08:36:31 AM »
Best Vegetarian food would be the new Thai Vegetarian restaurant in Section 17 next to Decanter.

Try the green curry. It is authentic and it almost taste's like it is non vegetarian. Really good.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #197 on: March 20, 2017, 07:35:44 PM »
Talking about food in KL, how many of you went to the basement in Lot 10?  Most of the famous food stores in Klang Valley are supposed to be there.  I was there few weeks ago and there are a lot of choices but the place is like mad house and too crowded.

I am going there probably this Wednesday or Thursday to enjoy the food.

Offline Henryukbr

Gd food KL
« Reply #198 on: September 30, 2017, 04:51:44 AM »
I know nothing about the city but I saw some really nice looking food in a Tv special featuring Old Dubai
The best of the best mt5 ea for self-earnings

Offline Teikfun

• Freshie
« Reply #199 on: January 29, 2018, 03:00:30 PM »
Hi There,
saw this thread and thought of replying.
I love the chun kee tai bou min at jalan pasar, my all time favourite dried hakka noodles, and for beef noodles, my favourite stall is at taman kenanga in KL, nearby the kenanga wholesale city.