Author Topic: What is there to do in Langkawi?  (Read 5999 times)

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
What is there to do in Langkawi?
« on: August 20, 2013, 12:04:18 AM »
So, its a last minute, super random trip to Langkawi for 3D2N, and I have no idea what to do there. Other than one or two biz trips there (2D1N), I have barely spent any time exploring the island. Any tips of what to do, where to go, where the good food is... would be very much appreciated.

Renting a car would be the best mode of transportation around... yes?

Offline dpkong

Re: What is there to do in Langkawi?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 06:41:22 PM »

Renting a car is the mode of transport. I don't recall seeing taxis there.

Thai food is good though it's sad I did not stay at the beach hotels where the beers flow freely. Still cheap for beers and chocolates. Not much else.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 07:27:41 PM »
Hmm, guess it will be a very relaxing couple of days then! Like every other beach holiday, any specific recommendations for massages? Happy ending not necessary!  :laugh:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 10:25:57 PM »
no car its tough...

food generally not really good... but some finer food available in hotel and near pantai cenang, traditional food at kuah town...
can also try those sunset meal, but u enjoy the scenery and romantic atmosphere than the meal (apply insect repellent pls,  :Laughing_on_floor:)

i love the temurun waterfall very much... hope u r going at the right season now... u seen the photo i posted? crystal clear water and really beautiful... 

Offline nasa

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 11:23:06 PM »
Do the island hopping & mangrove tour..its very nice especially when they do the "Eagle feeding" session"..& perhaps you can go snorkeling/scuba @ Pulau Payar..Apart from that nothing much to shout out loud..the cable car ride,waterfall,zoo,crocodile farm etc2 is too ordinary for me..ohhh, 1 more..chocolates...lots of chocolates... :thumbsup:

Offline nasa

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 11:29:36 PM »
& yes, rent a car..its cheap unless its peak (school holiday,public holiday) & super peak season (LIMA) where the rates triple the normal rate. Dont recommend taxy.Apart from airport & jetty nor quite easy to find 1..

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 09:47:55 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions, folks. Looks like there really isn't very much to do here. However, since I like driving a lot, I discovered some rather fun routes to take. Been driving a lot with the gf, towards Datai and earlier today towards Gunung Raya. We headed for the top of Langkawi and had a picnic whilst waiting for the sun to set. Totally worth it...

Offline arthuryap

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2016, 07:07:44 AM »
Get drunk all over again.. haha only thing to do in Langkawi.

Offline jayctx

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2023, 05:12:34 PM »
Renting a car driving around looking for cheap booze and seafood. Cenang beach is nice to chill too.

Offline gr2k

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2023, 08:09:14 AM »
truth be told there's nothing much to do in Langkawi - cheap booze and for some reason, cheap chocolate.

that's about it.

Offline aclosewatch

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2024, 11:32:17 AM »
1. Chill at a nice resort eg. Datai, Pelangi etc.
2. Sky Bridge is worth a trip
3. Jet ski and other water activities
4. Underwater world if you have kids