Author Topic: Sinn Klassik  (Read 9423 times)

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
Sinn Klassik
« on: July 07, 2013, 07:51:07 AM »
I thot Sinn was all about diving watches (I really like their U1 Phantom  :Praying:) but was surprised when I came across this piece in Feb this year. My heart was snagged by the long horology fishing line and I knew I must have it... so it made the journey across the South China Sea not long after that.

The 1746 Klassik comes from their classic masterpiece range which shares the same lineage as the Regulateur, and Skeletonised Gold Chronograph.

The key factors in its development are focused on functionality and aesthetics. I just love the black and white contrast, the vitreous enamel dial, roman numerals and sword hands. The 42mm size also fits me nicely.

Hope you'll enjoy the few pics below. Will also post some excerpts from Sinn's website.

Cheers! Have a nice Sunday!  :Cheers:
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
Re: Sinn Klassik
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2013, 07:59:22 AM »
Borrowed from Sinn:

"With its simple elegance and classic design, Model 1746 Classic is the perfect symbol of style. The clear focus on hour, minute and date in a window is one of the most striking characteristics: nothing distracts from the classic design of the case. This visual impression is underscored by the pure white vitreous enamel dial of especially high quality. The logo 'Sinn Frankfurt am Main' is at once the indication of origin and proof of quality. With its tasteful restraint, it leaves plenty of room for the Roman numerals on the dial ring, thus enabling optimal readability.

Model 1746 Classic enchants its wearers with its elegance and technical sophistication. The case is made of polished stainless steel, while the scratch-resistance, high-domed sapphire crystal glass has an anti-reflective coating on both sides. The transparent sapphire crystal glass back with its interior anti-reflective coating gives you an impressive view of the exquisitely decorated movement with blued screws. And as expected, the watch is ideally suited for everyday use: it is shock-resistant, anti-magnetic, water-resistant, pressure-resistant to 10 bar (corresponds to 100 m water depth) and low pressure resistant."
"...But if you listen real close, you can hear them whisper their legacy to you. Go on, lean in. Listen, you hear it? - - Carpe - - hear it? - - Carpe, carpe diem, seize the day boys, make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating, Dead Poets Society

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 08:00:51 AM »
Mechanical Movement
 •ETA 2892-A2
 •Self-winding mechanism
 •21 bearing jewels
 •28,800 semi-oscillations per hour
 •Seconds stop function
•Shock resistant as per DIN 8308
 •Anti-magnetic as per DIN 8309

Case
 •Case made of stainless steel, polished
 •Sapphire crystal glass in front, anti-reflective on both sides
•Transparent case back made of sapphire crystal glass, anti-reflective on the interior
 •Case back screw-fastened
 •Water-resistant as per DIN 8310
 •Pressure-resistant up to 10 bar (= 100 m water depth)
 •Low pressure resistant

SINN Technologies
 •Crown with D3-System

Dimensions and Weight
 •Case diameter: 42 mm
 •Band lug width: 22 mm
 •Case thickness: 9.5 mm
 •Weight without strap: 62 gramme

Dial and Hands
 •High-quality vitreous enamel dial

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 08:14:10 AM »

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 08:18:00 AM »
Comes with a metal card:

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 08:18:54 AM »

Thanks for dropping by here.  :Cheers:

Offline davidtth

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 11:53:57 AM »
very impressive ! especially the "High-quality vitreous enamel dial", simple, clean and superb looking  :thumbsup:

2892 movement kinda noisy rotor eh? but very reliable no doubt :)

wear it with good health and wealth  :Cheers:

PS: mind PM me the damage ?  ;D

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2013, 12:22:50 PM »
Pls PM me the price too.

Thx

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 12:59:49 PM »
I first noticed it when launched. There were other designs which are quite attractive too.

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 01:58:09 PM »
Thanks mates. Yes, the watch looks even better in person... esp the pure white enamel.  :Cheers:

Have sent the PMs.

I just saw the porcelain one today too. Very nice. I've always like porcelain stuff..... and now on a watch!! Oh, here comes the horogical hook again!  :Startled:

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2013, 12:06:25 PM »
The black and white contrast is very nice. Love the enamel dial. The small date window is just exquisite. Very nice watch.

Never pay attention to Sinn's dress watch until you bring it up. Thanks so much for spreading poison.  ;D

Also, congrats & wear it in good health.

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 06:55:56 PM »
Hahaha, thanks bro. I cant handle too much poison... so better to spread it around...  :laugh:

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 09:05:31 AM »
Ya, your poison spreading techniques are always improving.  ;D

Actually I always thought you are an avid vintage chrono fan.
No more love for the A386, Anti-Choc or Heritage Chrono? or Seiko 6138?

Offline 1to12

• Carpe Diem !!
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 09:11:26 PM »
there are so many types of poison... spido, snaky, scorpion, centipede, obor2,  :HammerHead:

I still like vintage watches but am mindful of the maintenance costs... just keeping to some cheaper watches for now.

But am going HK nx week.... only God knows what I might come across there but will have to practise self-control...  :angel:

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 09:18:54 PM »
Hong Kong, the poison paradise for watch lovers

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2013, 01:04:17 PM »
Bring more antidote.  ;D