Author Topic: Just sharing  (Read 5815 times)

Offline xheyung

Just sharing
« on: August 07, 2014, 01:31:35 PM »
I value the time on my hands. I share the same passion for timepiece like everyone else here. I currently have in my collection, brands like Seiko, Rado, Orient, Omega, Tiffany & Co, Bucherer, Longines, Baume et Mercier, Rolex and Cartier. I must say watch-collecting (like any other home-bound hobbies) can be very therapeutic  and satisfying, especially if you are one that prefers home comfort, time will slip into oblivion when you put on a nice LP, while you're polishing/cleaning your watches. Definitely one of the great way to spend the evening(when you've hit the 40s'). Although my collecting days are only just 10 years but I do realised that it may be necessary to sell off some less -wore (less-preferred) watches so that I can use the money for other things, such as buying an English Bulldog..? So I went to my safe deposit box to bring home some of the watches. It was during then I noticed a little black pouch hidden under some envelopes. Ahaaa! it was the watches that I inherited from my long deceased uncle of 15 years ago. I remember seeing those watches when my aunt gave them to me not long after my uncle's passing. There are 4 watches. Thought I'd share one with you watch lovers.

love to hear your comments (conspiracy theories are welcome too) Cheers everyone!

Offline rainbowfix

Re: Just sharing
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 02:25:07 PM »
Nice! Love the bracelet.... a very interesting piece from your uncle...  I thought it's a ladies watch. Quartz movement?  Is that a gold watch n a silver watch?

Offline xheyung

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 10:00:19 PM »
Thank rainbowfix, glad you find it nice. This a manual watch with two different movements. The bracelet is solid white gold with diamonds on case/dial together with Lapis Lazuli stone. Considering the birth of this model was 78, the size was too big for ladies, so its definitely an evening watch for men. If I'm not mistaken my uncle purchased it during one of his trips to Switzerland in the early 80s'.   

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 10:17:37 PM »
Looks like a real gem

Keep it well

Offline dankhar

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2014, 06:43:33 AM »
interesting watch.
who's the maker of these 2 beauties?
Sometimes the best thing to do is ... absolutely nothing!

Offline xheyung

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 02:05:57 PM »
1 Teh Tarik and 1 roti for the one with the correct answer  ;D

Offline dankhar

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 02:39:11 PM »
LOL ...  :Cheers:
Sometimes the best thing to do is ... absolutely nothing!

Offline xheyung

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 02:44:01 PM »
 :Cheers: to you dankhar  :D

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2014, 03:07:05 PM »
I guess ....Looks like a patek philippe dual time....  :Cheers:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:08:55 PM by rainbowfix »

Offline xheyung

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2014, 03:15:07 PM »
easy does it...correct.  :Cheers: The TT & Roti can be redeem in Subang Jaya  :D any time any day .

Offline xheyung

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2014, 03:36:01 PM »
Meanwhile I am also hoping to hear from anyone who has the same model to exchange information.

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2014, 03:51:50 PM »
Xheyung, you might already know this, but for the benefit to those who don't;

Found this on the web :
18k white gold, diamond and lapis Patek Philippe dual time zone wristwatch, so-called “Gemini” wristwatch, Ref. 4404, circa 1970s, a fine and extremely rare, elongated cut-corner horizontal rectangular wristwatch made with two movements, two dials and a wide, integral 18K white gold Patek Philippe silk textured bracelet.

The 35mm x 23mm horizontal rectangular case has a case back with screws, diamond-set rounded bezel, two winding-crowns, flat-top sapphire crystal. The two pavé-set diamond dials, separated by two blue lapis lazuli triangles, black baton hands. The two movement are caliber 13,5-320, 20 jewels, manual wind.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 03:57:44 PM by rainbowfix »

Offline xheyung

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 08:52:03 PM »
Thank you for the information rainbowfix although not much information can be found on the web. The watch is currently being sent back to Lion city for a service as the last one was done in 93 and at the same time requested for the movements to be captured on photos. I will share the photos the moment i have them and i believe it will be the first time these movements appear on the web.