Author Topic: IWC club members  (Read 79439 times)

Offline sidestreaker

Re: IWC club members
« Reply #150 on: March 21, 2015, 08:57:56 PM »
Dropped by the boutique today to check out the new arrivals. Some of the Portuguese series...

Let's start of with the much discussed Annual Calender....

The silver dial

and the favourite blue sunburst dial

difficult to get a good shot of the burst dial...

Maybe my pictures are not doing it much justice, but as always, these pieces looks much better in the metal than the pictures. They're at 44mm, a little larger than the Portuguese Automatic. Somehow contrary to most, I find that the silver dial has a bit more elegance to it (compared to the blue) and the subtle blue PR and second hand is really smart.

Here are my nick-pick points:
1. The date wheel is a gradual change(not really an issue for me) but the day wheel does not change immediately and there's a bit delay between the changing sequence.
2. The look of the new movement is somewhat less regal compared to the previous calibre 50000.
3. The price - though rationally priced between an Automatic and Perpetual Calender, still it makes one think about what else we can get for that kind of money.

Next, is the Digital Perpetual Calender

As you can see, this is by no means a small watch. Worth its weight in gold and really meant to be seen.

Another new digital calender is the Stainless Steel version of the Digital PPC Spitfire:

Now this is what I really like! The stainless steel version makes it less loud, lighter and very wearable. I think we have a winner here. Not a limited edition, which is great too.

A not so new LE Pilot watch, called The Last Flight St Ex, in BROWN ceramic

And last but not least, my favourite discovery for the day is the new smaller Portuguese Yacht Club in 43mm...

A very well sized smaller version of the popular Yacht Club and comes in ardoise this time. It fits smaller wrist better with the lug configuration and its cheaper than the previous one too.

Offline kingpin

« Reply #151 on: April 02, 2015, 11:05:49 PM »
License to join the club.... Happy and finally I am here.  :Dancing_banana:

IWC Pilot Chronograph 3777, Oris Big Crown Complication, Longines Hydro Conquest, Hamilton Khaki Field Titanium Auto, Tissot Couturier Quartz Chronograph, Orient FEM76002B9 Automatic, Seiko Chronograph World Time 7T62 OJHO, AVI-8 Solar Power AV-4018-03, Casio AE-1200WH, G-Shock GA-110RG, G-Shock G-300, G-Cool GT-000

Offline rnsm1979

« Reply #152 on: April 03, 2015, 05:12:20 AM »
Hi bro, mine say hi
at last i join the iwc club as well

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #153 on: May 16, 2015, 04:03:24 PM »
Akan datang....

Offline deriku

« Reply #154 on: May 16, 2015, 04:35:35 PM »
Never thought I'd be joining the club. Pics coming soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JPSP

« Reply #155 on: May 16, 2015, 06:37:05 PM »
recent acquisition...

cheers

james

Offline roystock

« Reply #156 on: May 16, 2015, 10:40:26 PM »
Akan datang....

I am indifferent to most of the changes but I am quite sure I don't like the lowered triangle.  :P

Offline sean

« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2015, 06:37:18 AM »

My IWC family.

Offline deriku

« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2015, 02:36:28 PM »
Cross post from WRUW thread. Never been a big fan of the brand but this came up and I knew I had to grab it. Fitting as I'm trained in the profession though not practicing.

Bracelet is a bit snug though and I know it's not easy getting an aftermarket strap. Anyone has a 3228 spare link to sell? Would gladly take it for a fee.

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
« Reply #159 on: May 19, 2015, 02:45:38 AM »

Cross post from WRUW thread. Never been a big fan of the brand but this came up and I knew I had to grab it. Fitting as I'm trained in the profession though not practicing.

Bracelet is a bit snug though and I know it's not easy getting an aftermarket strap. Anyone has a 3228 spare link to sell? Would gladly take it for a fee.

That's a very nice piece!!

Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline deriku

« Reply #160 on: May 19, 2015, 07:52:55 AM »
Thanks! So far the comments I have got are mixed (from cool to "uncle watch" etc). I guess it's a love it or hate it thing for the Ingenieur with no middle ground.

Thinking of getting a custom leather strap for the Ingy. Anyone has experience with Jacob straps or other strap makers?

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
« Reply #161 on: May 21, 2015, 02:39:02 AM »
As long as you love it, opinion from others are irrelevant..... Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline DanIWCBP

« Reply #162 on: June 08, 2016, 03:39:02 PM »
Hi all, I am new to MWF. Here's my Big Pilot...loved it since the day I acquired it 6 months ago.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #163 on: June 09, 2016, 11:13:54 AM »
Dropped by the boutique today to check out the new arrivals. Some of the Portuguese series...

Let's start of with the much discussed Annual Calender....

The silver dial

and the favourite blue sunburst dial

difficult to get a good shot of the burst dial...

Maybe my pictures are not doing it much justice, but as always, these pieces looks much better in the metal than the pictures. They're at 44mm, a little larger than the Portuguese Automatic. Somehow contrary to most, I find that the silver dial has a bit more elegance to it (compared to the blue) and the subtle blue PR and second hand is really smart.

Here are my nick-pick points:
1. The date wheel is a gradual change(not really an issue for me) but the day wheel does not change immediately and there's a bit delay between the changing sequence.
2. The look of the new movement is somewhat less regal compared to the previous calibre 50000.
3. The price - though rationally priced between an Automatic and Perpetual Calender, still it makes one think about what else we can get for that kind of money.

Next, is the Digital Perpetual Calender

As you can see, this is by no means a small watch. Worth its weight in gold and really meant to be seen.

Another new digital calender is the Stainless Steel version of the Digital PPC Spitfire:

Now this is what I really like! The stainless steel version makes it less loud, lighter and very wearable. I think we have a winner here. Not a limited edition, which is great too.

A not so new LE Pilot watch, called The Last Flight St Ex, in BROWN ceramic

And last but not least, my favourite discovery for the day is the new smaller Portuguese Yacht Club in 43mm...

A very well sized smaller version of the popular Yacht Club and comes in ardoise this time. It fits smaller wrist better with the lug configuration and its cheaper than the previous one too.

Your IWC digital calendar photo as shown at the above. I think the dial is special, it somehow turn the hands into rose gold color, though its original color is silver.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 11:15:58 AM by Cocas »

Offline asimo

« Reply #164 on: June 09, 2016, 11:23:31 AM »

New pilot Mark XVIII

Offline asimo

« Reply #165 on: June 09, 2016, 11:26:18 AM »

Black and New white pilot

Blue Le petit Prince edition

So which one u will choose ?

Offline DanIWCBP

« Reply #166 on: June 09, 2016, 03:07:20 PM »
The new white Mark XVIII looks unique!

Offline Cocas

« Reply #167 on: June 09, 2016, 04:17:57 PM »
Attached are the IWC that I checked. Those hands color seemed rose gold but actually they are silver color. Can any experts here help to clear my doubts? Thanks.

Offline asimo

« Reply #168 on: June 09, 2016, 04:51:11 PM »
The new white Mark XVIII looks unique!

The white is a new black .. Over times the colour will look better of turn cream

Offline watchdiver

• Administrator
« Reply #169 on: June 11, 2016, 07:26:12 AM »
asimo did you try any of those on?  Which is your favourite?

Offline asimo

« Reply #170 on: June 11, 2016, 08:16:10 AM »

yes.. i tried the new mark 18 ... personally i like the white dial.... the black is quite normal ...similar as most pilot
inspired watches out there...both the black and white is a bit tool-ish look..which a Pilot suppose to be..
 the blue gives a different appearance ...more dressy...   white is captivating. .. over years..the dial may fade..and give
a creamy appearance  :laugh: ;D

Offline Isaac Tan

• Freshie
« Reply #171 on: June 13, 2016, 07:33:03 AM »

Offline Cocas

« Reply #172 on: June 18, 2016, 08:48:45 PM »
Attached are the IWC that I checked. Those hands color seemed rose gold but actually they are silver color. Can any experts here help to clear my doubts? Thanks.

Any IWC owners come across this " rose gold " hands puzzle?

Offline chiewata

« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2016, 05:32:36 PM »

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Offline asimo

IWC club members
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2016, 06:48:09 PM »
special...   :thumbsup: Le Petit Prince ...like
The shooting star
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 09:04:31 PM by asimo »