Author Topic: IWC club members  (Read 79479 times)

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
Re: IWC club members
« Reply #75 on: October 17, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »

Maybe VC is chilling out and enjoying this year :)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-18/vacheron-constantin-says-watches-for-2012-are-already-sold-out.html
[/quote]

I guess if by selling it to their AD means sold out, I have no shadow of doubt that they have hit their target every year. Afterall, 19,000 pieces per year is way lesser than its arch rival, AP and PP.

A friend of mine has been asking me to go for a limited edition two tone overseas dual time since early this year. Last week when we went to the boutique, we still managed to see the piece there. as i said, VC used to be mainland chinese only love (beside piaget) last time. But PP and Rollie have been going strong. More and more mainlanders reckon that PP is a 'better watch' and 'more high class' than VC. I have no shadow of doubt that VC is making impeccable watch. However, I for one believe in market force and i wont get too happy if i know my watch has very low resell value. I think VC has to stride harder if it wants to stay competitive among the holy trilogy.
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline IWCking

« Reply #76 on: October 17, 2012, 09:01:18 PM »
double wristshot...

very interesting and creative terry. top gun is always one of the most sought after iwc model.  :Cheers:

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2012, 10:40:25 AM »
The boutique here or in China? Interesting observation.

Regard
Tyler

Maybe VC is chilling out and enjoying this year :)

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-18/vacheron-constantin-says-watches-for-2012-are-already-sold-out.html

I guess if by selling it to their AD means sold out, I have no shadow of doubt that they have hit their target every year. Afterall, 19,000 pieces per year is way lesser than its arch rival, AP and PP.

A friend of mine has been asking me to go for a limited edition two tone overseas dual time since early this year. Last week when we went to the boutique, we still managed to see the piece there. as i said, VC used to be mainland chinese only love (beside piaget) last time. But PP and Rollie have been going strong. More and more mainlanders reckon that PP is a 'better watch' and 'more high class' than VC. I have no shadow of doubt that VC is making impeccable watch. However, I for one believe in market force and i wont get too happy if i know my watch has very low resell value. I think VC has to stride harder if it wants to stay competitive among the holy trilogy.
[/quote]

Offline IWCking

« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2012, 09:16:15 PM »
The boutique here or in China? Interesting observation.

Regard
Tyler

Boutique in greater china region Tyler. VC still going strong in Mainland china, but less so in taiwan, hk and macao.

Offline ston3r

• Freshie
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2013, 08:28:12 AM »
I've actually been saving up since I started my collection with omega Seamasters and planet oceans. Gradually bought a bell & Ross just to find out that FJ Benjamin inflated their damned prices in Malaysia.  :Scolding:

After that I just thought it was time that I joined the IWC club. My first purchase was this

Now I've graduated to my dream watch

Offline shing

• Freshie
some of mine...IWC forms the biggest chunk of my collection.
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2014, 07:48:02 AM »

Offline wshiong

« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2014, 09:31:15 AM »
Here's mine :Cheers:

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 09:38:43 AM by wshiong »

Offline wshiong

« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2014, 09:44:06 AM »

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2014, 10:03:48 AM »

« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:06:39 AM by sidestreaker »

Offline wshiong

« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2014, 12:26:01 PM »
Anyone know where can i get strap for iwc ? which dealer have stock in hand ? i have call iwc dealer, seems nobody have it.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2014, 07:47:31 AM »
Anyone know where can i get strap for iwc ? which dealer have stock in hand ? i have call iwc dealer, seems nobody have it.

if boutique dont have
most likely you have to order it

most watch company dont aim to sell straps...

Offline wshiong

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2014, 07:51:29 PM »

if boutique dont have

I found it at IWC boutique singapore. They have complete range of strap from original to santoni.  :thumbsup:

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #87 on: January 07, 2014, 11:00:13 AM »

if boutique dont have

I found it at IWC boutique singapore. They have complete range of strap from original to santoni.  :thumbsup:

Be sure to take a picture of the trays of straps they have, very impressive!

Offline wshiong

« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2014, 11:13:10 AM »
Ok here are some preview, the top are santoni and the rest are standard iwc

santoni sample dark and light brown

Offline [email protected]

« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2014, 08:26:07 AM »
Dunken diver say hi to all...

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2014, 09:28:52 AM »
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 09:37:30 AM by sidestreaker »

Offline davidtth

« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2014, 09:48:37 AM »

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2014, 11:43:18 AM »
David, if I may, can I request for more pictures of that juicy Vintage Ingenieur to be posted here? Your pictures are fantastic!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline enkil

« Reply #93 on: February 12, 2014, 01:20:04 AM »
Beautiful   :o

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: February 12, 2014, 06:42:40 AM »
used to have this Mk XVI

now left with only Top Gun 3789-01 ceramic chrono

« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:09:44 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline davidtth

« Reply #95 on: February 12, 2014, 07:55:00 AM »
David, if I may, can I request for more pictures of that juicy Vintage Ingenieur to be posted here? Your pictures are fantastic!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks ! not much photo taken last time, sad to let go but i would say its the best IWC dressy watch i ever owned, it stands out the most i can see people keep starring at my wrist. IWC are well known in making finest dressy watch especially the holy trilogy you have there  :thumbsup:

Offline [email protected]

« Reply #96 on: February 12, 2014, 08:34:27 AM »
Hi all iwc lover,I have a quick question,I'm wonder where can I get something like a strap converter for my aquatimer as below then I can change and enjoy straps trending? Because I've checked from ad the ori bracelet cost 5k plus...Appreated for any response :) have a nice day guys...

Offline sidestreaker

« Reply #97 on: February 12, 2014, 09:39:00 AM »

thanks ! not much photo taken last time, sad to let go but i would say its the best IWC dressy watch i ever owned, it stands out the most i can see people keep starring at my wrist. IWC are well known in making finest dressy watch especially the holy trilogy you have there  :thumbsup:

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing these, David. I just can't get enough of all the IWC dna in there. The size is also just nice.  It's not just the case and name which they retain for this classic model, but they displayed all the technical aspect of IWC in this watch, from the shock-absorbers to the pellaton winding system which are uniquely. It's IWC in and out.

There's something very fundamental about his calibre and this package as whole that is disturbingly attractive, and as you put it, seems to have its own attraction. Anyone can do a 3 hand watch but what a 3 hand watch this is! Cheers!

Offline davidtth

« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2014, 11:28:21 AM »
you were right sidesteaker, even their entry Portofino are very detail in every single aspect :)

sunburst dial

highly polished hand

Offline davidtth

« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2014, 11:30:34 AM »
Hi all iwc lover,I have a quick question,I'm wonder where can I get something like a strap converter for my aquatimer as below then I can change and enjoy straps trending? Because I've checked from ad the ori bracelet cost 5k plus...Appreated for any response :) have a nice day guys...

never owned a aquatimer, should be easy to remove spring bar and change any other 3rd party leather/rubber strap, bracelet should be harder..

i'd recomm isofrane rubber strap  :thumbsup: