Author Topic: Pam 312  (Read 5376 times)

Offline Leftear

Pam 312
« on: August 20, 2009, 04:57:51 PM »
I have received a call from panerai AD @ Starhill Gallery saying that a shipment has arrived and 1 of the model is pam 312  ;)
Thought of sharing since weekend is coming  :P
Have a good one everybody  :Cheers: 

Offline Scott C.

Re: Pam 312
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2009, 06:59:01 PM »
Thanks ;) If you go get one please post some picture ;) Honestly, i will prefer the doom glass much better..just my opinion..

Cheers!
SC

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 08:16:28 PM »
Interesting....I am interested if it has not been sold yet. Any idea how much the MRSP is?

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 08:26:19 PM »
If i'm not mistaken, around MYR24K retail..

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2009, 08:34:54 PM »
Thanks Scott. The AD gave me an indicative price of around 28k early this year.
IMO, that's value buy for an in-house AD. A fruit for thought...hmmm...0 or 312.
Logo or sandwich? Tough decision for me to make :)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 09:46:16 PM »
singapore got few guys selling pam312 all the time...
price around rm24k ++

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2009, 07:36:29 AM »
A fruit for thought...hmmm...0 or 312.
Logo or sandwich? Tough decision for me to make :)

In my opinion, I will wait for a while to see if the 3days movement working OK in the new range (understand each mechanical watch can give problem but just trying to avoid any out-of-manufacture defect). Eg, the co-axial, the P2002 in I series (even J still give problem), etc... My main concern is their new movement..just my opinion...

Recently i saw a lot of people selling their LNIB/BNIB or few month old 312 on several famous forum... not sure why. My guess, maybe they want to sell it and upgrade to the 233/270...

Personally, i prefer 1950 with dome glass.  If you are not in the hurry, why not wait for a while or do some comparison between 312 and 233 or any other model before handover your credit card ;)

Panerai is just a Panerai, no matter if you are wearing a PAM0, PAM111, PAM233 PAM210 or PAM190...still, just a Panerai if one do not know how to appreciate it and like Panerai as a fashion watch or wear it because of it's design (the case, the crown guard, etc)... I know i might offend a lot people but that the feedbacks I got :) (not to mention a lot of "Panerai is over price" comment, please not to discuss this again :p)

Cheers!
SC

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2009, 08:33:14 AM »
scott.... spot on!

yes. wonder why so many ppl selling.... very few ppl write review bout the 312 actually...

panerai is panerai.... it hit the market due to its big, bold, easy to read.... design... and the push from hollywood....
so i think panerai was forced to create own movement in response to swatch group to stop supplying movement to brand...

whether over price or not.... is all bout demand n supply.... i dont see panerai buy their antique piece at sky price in the auction like other brand did.... buy actual collector who buy their vintage watch..... so if the demand is genuine then its ok to me....
if u think worth to buy then buy if u dont just dont buy....

whether panerai just a fashion watch? i personally do not think so at least for now.... it mayb a fashion when it hit the hollywood... but now after 10 yrs it still hot in hollywood, still chase by collector.... resale value still increasing......
i wasnt sure what will happen in future....

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2009, 10:14:25 AM »
It could be true that the new in-house movement may have some issues and that is why the selling. Although I am a sucker for in-house movements, I too have reservations for new and unproven movements.

I agree with Yen that PAM is not a fashion watch. It's not just a watch that you are buying but a community (yes...you can tell that I am a big PAM fan).  And I beg to differ that a PAM is just a PAM. A fiddy is never the same as a Radiomir. For a WIS, each PAM is different. Well, I am fine to leave it that way since watch collecting is a passion and I don't expect every other person to share the same passion as mine.

Anyway, there are too many fine watches out there to limit the scope to only PAM. BP, JLC MC and ROO are always on my radar.

Offline Leftear

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2009, 01:05:16 PM »
Hi Lilpronaz, I totally understand and agree with you  :Cheers:
FYI, since you mentioned ROO is listed in your wish list, there is a used ti-black dial-bracelet @ BSC  ;)
Good luck hunting  :Cheers:   

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2009, 10:02:01 PM »
Leftear, thanks for the tips.