Author Topic: Malaysian Watch lover use this forum pls!!! make it hot!!!  (Read 5411 times)

Offline steveting

Malaysian Watch lover use this forum pls!!! make it hot!!!
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:20:59 AM »
why this forum is so cold..........we should have more discussion n pictures~~~~

Offline takashi78

Re: Malaysian Watch lover use this forum pls!!! make it hot!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:23:45 AM »
Thing is we must get many more members posting....its usually the few of us...you can start some interesting discussions if you have something in mind. :)

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 07:41:11 AM »
Yeah man.

Like to hear about the scams - that I have recently encounter?.......coming soon....

DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline HusH

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 07:43:41 AM »
Scams?? Please tell!

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 08:13:48 AM »
WATCH OUT, IT’S A SCAMS

Let’s face it. The full name sound like a’ kay lei fei’.  What’s more, the person concerned staying in a developing country. Any easy prey, eh?.

Two moons ago, out of the blue, I have received in my inbox, a message stating that I have been selected a winner vie my unique e mail address.. The prize?...well , a USD 600,000.00 bonanza
I am asked to fill up my full name, address and contact no. that’s nothing more, nothing less.
Being in a good mood that day, I gamely wrote in - Full name, real contact no. and a dummy address.

A week later, I received a call from one foreign speaking gentleman requesting my confirmed status.
Two weeks later, I received the following email (attached) informing of the dispatch of a certain courier (shipment details) bringing in - a so called diplomat cases containing some USD600, 000.00. Sound good so far??
 The catch is, I have to put up front a sum of USD 800 – USD2, 200 on the handling charges

Part 1 – extraction from the correspondence exchange between the organizer and the receiver. – See below

--- On Thu, 23/7/09, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Attn : DELIVERY DETAILS AND AIRWAY BILL ATTACHED
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, 23 July, 2009, 5:18 PM
3GLOBAL SECURITY AND DIPLOMATIC SERVICES
#52 SOUTH-EAST DRIVE, WEST
MINISTER LONDON.
FAX: 0044-700-58x-0949x
TELL: 0044 7x3 182 7771

Our Ref: GSDS/00703/CL/FRD
Your Ref: GSDS/00-PST41598
Date: 23 / 07 / 2009.

Attn : Mr. Cheong Hxxy Lxxg,

Sir,

In view of your transaction, I wish to inform you that a diplomat will depart London on the 24th of July to Malaysia for your delivery after which she will proceed to Indonesia for a delivery and further unbehalf of Global security, here are the dilivery details that will be requested from you to authenticate your true identity on her arrival.

NAME OF DIPLOMAT..........Mrs. Sharox Broklyx

SECURITY CODE...........ISLAND-101

SECURITY SERIAL NUMBER.........IDB-64/SOCIET-0771906PL

kindly be of any assistance whatsoever to the diplomat to facilitate a swift delivery for she is having your entire details.

we were just informed that Malaysia immigration and custom are quite strict with such diplomatic un-inspected consignment and as such do demand Handling charges which is often measured by the weight of the consignment. Thus it varies between 850 to 2,200 united states dollars. You are mandated to handle that properly immediately the diplomat establish communication with you on her arrival because she was paid to spend two days in Malaysia to finalize your delivery before proceeding for other delivery.

NOTE : The diplomat do not know the content of the consignment, she believes she is delivering gold dust and some vital documents. Hence, you must not reveal it's content to her on any criteria. Find attached air way bill.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DIPLOMAT WILL REQUEST THESE FROM YOU ON DELIVERY :

PHOTOCOPY OF THE ORIGINAL AIRWAY BILL

PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR IDENTIFICATION ( PASSPORT,NATIONAL ID OR ANY GOVERNMENT ID )

For easy update and status of your consignment, it will suite you to
consistently track your consignment online via (http://gldpss.com/tracking.php) with the following details.

TRACKING NUMBER : bp6056my

AIRWAY BILL NUMBER : 0091hm

Only then you can acertain the current status of your consignment.

Regards,

Mr. Duncxn Willixms
(Director Foreign operations)
Global Security.

My Reply
Subject: Fw: Re: Attn : DELIVERY DETAILS AND AIRWAY BILL ATTACHED
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, 23 July, 2009, 10:37 PM
Dear Sir / Mdm

Thank you for the clarifications vie our telephone conversation.

First, you must excuse me for being paranoid as this 'sudden windfall' is too good to be true. Most of the scam works in the same 'modus operation' as this transaction. It  is too familiar not to ignore it

Most scams will ask the ''victim' to pay (some fees) up front and later discovered that he / she would received a dummy package. After all its a con job.

In this present scenario, I shall greatly pay all fees - given that your organisation could let me gain access to this (partial/deposit) fund by e-wire these monies to my account.

Secondly, your so-call 'diplomatic luggage is still a mystery. How do I know its authentic consignments as what is should be and NOT some illegal merchandise

Prove me wrong that this is NOT a scam! and I will retract all words said above..

Regards

Part 2 coming.......
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline steveting

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 12:09:10 PM »
they will always ask for some cash first before u wana get the money..i never belive this kind of stuff...~~btw anyone know the list price of GMT 2 C ?? and someone told me that there will be new sub is coming out next year ?? but i belive is only in TT right?

Offline Leftear

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »
I found this from another website, hope it helps  :Cheers:

BaselWorld 2008 Update : Updated Rolex Submariner

The Rolex Submariner, is a pillar of the horological world. It is considered, by most to be the preeminent diver's watch. This year at Basel World 2008, the venerable Submariner was updated. This update includes, a new ceramic bezel (like the GMT-Master II), on some models, a new blue face, and the new GLIDELOCK Clasp - allowing ratcheting micro-precise adjustments, perfect for slipping it on over your dive suit.

The updated Submariner has been introduced in yellow and white gold for 2008. Presumably, 2009 will herald the release of the updated two-tone Submariner, and 2010 for the introduction of the stainless-steel Sub.

On the yellow-gold models, a black face, and blue face are available. On the white-gold models only a blue face is available.

Offline steveting

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 03:30:51 AM »
thanks ~~have to wait untill next year~~anyone knows the list price of GMT II C?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 01:45:31 PM »
thanks ~~have to wait untill next year~~anyone knows the list price of GMT II C?

rm22k

Offline sshark

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 02:14:34 PM »
Even the consignment tracking website  (http://gldpss.com/tracking.php) looks dodgy :)

I doubt they will reply to your email.

/lim/

Offline steveting

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 03:37:22 PM »
how many percent can i get?? is it possbile to get more than 15%?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »
how many percent can i get?? is it possbile to get more than 15%?

discount?
this 1 still sell at premium price/ above retail in malaysia....
if anywhere can find 15% pls let me know also...

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 04:42:42 PM »
Well, IMHO to boost the number of posts , we may consider create another section for ' non watch related discussion ' , people may post anything there, or share picture, video . That's for sure will bring more 'posts and hits' among members.

Offline steveting

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2009, 04:26:15 AM »
i think many malaysian dont even know have this malaysian watch forum...even i found this forum recently~~introduce this forum to ur mates ~~

Offline fleaman

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 10:52:43 PM »
Yeah, i've got to agree with steveting... need to get the ball rolling..

there's quite a fairbit of local malaysian bloggers whom are selling/buying watches.. i bet they are not aware of this.. will try to post up this forum on their blogs...

Offline sshark

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 07:33:52 AM »
We need to kick off a word of mouth marketing campaign :)