Author Topic: Ladies Watches.....  (Read 36189 times)

Offline Scott C.

Re: Ladies Watches.....
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2009, 11:51:14 AM »
In general, 2 types of Panerai model in the current market, Luminor and Radiomir.

Most of the Luminor model are 44mm and 40mm model (47mm usually are limited or in their Submersible range). I'll recommend PAM000, PAM005, PAM11, PAM112 (44mm, manual winding, leather strap + rubber) or PAM48 (40mm, automatic, leather + rubber(not too sure if 40mm come with rubber)) which all are around your budget. If you like the white face Panerai, can check out PAM113 and PAM114, both are 44mm.

Most of the Radiomir come with 45mm. The 42mm usually are rare and come in expensive material/extra function (like alarm, GMT, etc) and highly sought after (in my opinion, i maybe wrong :p). Radiomir can try check out PAM183, PAM210..these 2 are the common model. I can't think of any other Radiomir model now... Luminor are more common and popular compare to Radiomir.

You can search the above mentioned model online (search by image) to see how they look like ;)
Or check out http://www.paneraisource.com/models/all.html

My suggestion is, go try out in any AD and see which case size fit you better (44mm, 40mm or 45, or even 47mm)..you might be surprised the 44mm fit you well, it is not as big as you imagine  ;)

:Cheers:
SC

Offline Alice

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2009, 01:27:16 PM »
Hi Scott,

I view the PAM website you sent. Those models you suggested are nice but am afraid its too big for my tiny wrist. Anymore suggestions....perhaps a smaller model around 30mm to 34mm and more faminine one  ;)

I have a JLC Reverso and a Rolex(can't remember the model )

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2009, 03:47:09 PM »
Smallest Panerai is 40mm ;) They don't produce watches smaller then 40mm... I remember Angelo Bonati (CEO of Panerai) said something like this before in one of his interview, "Panerai don't produce watches for men or women, they only produce watches for those who like Panerai"....

It's time to go big...once you in love with the larger watch, you will not go back to 30mm... at least, not easy... give it a try, nothing is impossible  :thumbsup:

Offline Fred

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 08:46:39 PM »
i see quite a number of ladies nowadays do wear big watch especially those 'bling-bling' type. Never actually come across lady wearing panerai, but i think it would be rather sporty and tough. give it a try....

Offline silverstan

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 09:46:44 PM »
40mm will look good on ladies' wrist.  :thumbsup:

my wife with 41mm Stowa Marine Original.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2009, 12:00:22 AM »
40mm will look good on ladies' wrist.  :thumbsup:

my wife with 41mm Stowa Marine Original.

i think stowa really look good on lady...
if 41mm stowa marine original too big then get the 40mm marine automatic

if still big then 39mm stowa antea 390

if want smaller then 36.5mm stowa antea 365

still big?
then antea sekunde... 35.5mm only

Offline lilpronaz

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 03:13:34 AM »
Smallest Panerai is 40mm ;) They don't produce watches smaller then 40mm... I remember Angelo Bonati (CEO of Panerai) said something like this before in one of his interview, "Panerai don't produce watches for men or women, they only produce watches for those who like Panerai"....

It's time to go big...once you in love with the larger watch, you will not go back to 30mm... at least, not easy... give it a try, nothing is impossible  :thumbsup:

Hi all, I am new here and it's great to have a local forum to support the daily needs of MY WIS.

Just my 2 cents worth of advice. If you do not have the wrist to pull of a big watch elegantly, it's better not to buy it just because every other person is sporting it on his/her wrist. I, personally, wouldn't want to be seen walking around with an oversized watch that pratically looks like a clock on a tiny wrist. Unfortunately, most Asian women have small wrists and it makes a beautiful watch look ridiculous (trust me..my wife looked bloody silly wearing my PAM88).

If you have a small wrist, you may want to consider a JLC Squadra for ladies. It's sheer class.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2009, 06:50:18 AM »
Yen, that Stowa look a like another Swiss brand...Nomo or something, can't remember the name...

I think big or not is really depend, I saw few ladies wearing 44mm PAM on their skinny hand but they pull it on real nice, I think they use the right size of strap which hold it well on their wrist. Some watches is big but doesn't look big, for example, Sin U1, 44mm but when you wear it, it doesn't really few/look big.

To me, as long as I like that time piece, i really don't care much how people think/look at it..as long as i love then that's my call :D Just me la  :Cheers: Of course, it must take a balance...I don't think I can put on a Panerai 60mm even though i love it and can afford one  :HammerHead: and I don't buy watches just for collection purpose, i mean put on the safe and don't wear it at all...

Go try, try it on in AD to decide if you really love it before pull out your credit card  :Cheers::

SC

Offline silverstan

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2009, 08:12:58 AM »
yea scott, Stowa Antea model look like NOMOS Glashutte Tangomat model.
was searching for this NOMOS watch (model below) but no luck. it's still using Nomos in house movement, too bad new model now powered by ETA.  :HammerHead:

*Image borrowed from internet*

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2009, 08:20:53 AM »
ya ya, this the one ;)

Maybe Yen has better info regarding this one ;)

Thanks Stan...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2009, 04:17:37 PM »
stowa has some long history.... its a german brand.... owned by Jörg Schauer

The history of STOWA

The story of STOWA begins with Walter Storz.
In 1927, he decided to branch out from his father's large watch factory in Hornberg/Kinzigtal, Germany, and establish his own company.
The name he chose for his new company was taken from his own name: S-T-O being the first letters of his surname, and W-A being the first letters of his first name. It goes without saying that Walter Storz's talent for arranging things beautifully extended well beyond letters.

Encouraged by the success of STOWA, Walter Stowa enlarged the scope of his business in 1935 and began manufacturing his watches in a small rented space located in Pforzheim, Germany.
In 1938, STOWA was successful enough that he built his own factory.
In just eleven years, STOWA had made for itself a global reputation as the maker of quality timepieces.

On February 23, 1945, the STOWA factory was destroyed.
Undeterred, Walter Storz promptly began construction on another factory. While construction was under way, he moved his company to Rheinfelden, Germany, where he continued to manufacture his watches. Among other design inventions, STOWA created shock protection (RUFA), which is still used in many PUW and Durowe watch movements today.

After WWII, when construction of the new factory in Pforzheim was complete, Walter Storz kept both factories open, which exponentially increased watch production. Exports rose almost 50%, and STOWA watches were distributed to nearly 80 countries worldwide.

In the early 1960s, Walter Storz's son, Werner, joined STOWA.
Werner Storz's primary responsibility was to relieve his father of the strenuous overseas trips. For three decades, Werner Storz successfully managed STOWA, until he found a successor in Jörg Schauer, whose philosophy was in keeping with the intentions of the Storz family. Since taking over, Jörg Schauer has continued the uninterrupted manufacture of STOWA watches..

STOWA is still making watch history today.
Our 2007 collection includes the Antea line, the Airman line, the Marine line, the Sport Watch line, and the Exima line.
all current stowa watches are copying their old design... antea, marine, flieger,  sports....
Jorg acquired durowe movement......... so i believe... he will try not to depend on ETA....

nomos is another company in german based at glashutte.... where the highest quality of german watches made... A lange, GO, Union Glashutte....

but nomos is a new brand.... started 1991.....its watches design is copying old A lange.... simple, bold, clean... typical german design...
started with all ETA.... now making their own movement....

Offline sshark

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2009, 07:52:55 PM »
AFAIK, after 2010, ETA will sell its movement as whole unit i.e. no customization. In view of that, watch makers are looking for alternative movements. OTH, capable watch makers will produce in-house movement.

/lim/
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:02:38 PM by sshark »

Offline Alice

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2009, 08:33:03 AM »
Gee Guys...... thanks for all the models illustrated. Had hard time choosing now. Am from Penang....any idea which shop carry Stowa or the brands you suggested? We had very little choices up north  :Blue:

Alice

Offline silverstan

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2009, 09:09:58 AM »
Stowa only can buy from their online store. they don't have AD in Malaysia.
If you order from them with nett price, they will request you provide FedEx account.
If any duties and taxes, they will charge to you. If not, they will sell at gross price, which included VAT.
Nomos only sell in certain countries in Europe.

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2009, 05:07:52 PM »
Alice - yes, rather limited choice here in Penang.

When I am back in Pg, I used to pay a courtesy call at Woo Hing.

Check out that shop (near the Boon Pharmancy) along the Pg Rd. You be surprised at what you find here.

Happy hunting
DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline N79KL

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2009, 03:17:08 PM »
I recommend taking a look at Zenith Open Heart. Nice design, good movement and not too big not too small

Only thing is this design has been copied to death by other brands. I even seen one Chopard that copied the fonts.

One thing about women's watches, its almost impossible to find one without a dozen diamond or so. How to afford? :'(

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2009, 03:46:05 PM »
My wife's watch.
Epos - Open Heart, Movement 2824 -1, Mother of pearl. Can had for around RM2k (2 years ago)

DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Leftear

« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2009, 08:28:17 AM »
Cartier Lady Tank Francaise is highly recommended, classy and elegant  :thumbsup:
The same goes to Rolex Explorer 1 and Pam 48  :thumbsup: those will look very sexy on any ladies' wrist  ;)

Offline Alice

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 11:45:06 AM »
Hi .... just got this over the weekend...... cartier lady tank solo.... solid gold from Cortina Watch.Good & Execllent price!!!!   :thumbsup:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 12:09:24 PM »
Excellent choice, a classic pc, enjoy

Quartz or mechanical?

DC

Offline Alice

« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2009, 02:34:39 PM »
Quartz.... david  :) Planning to get Chronoswiss Lady Orea or Kairos  ;) have not decide. Maybe even a IWC for leisure.

What do you think? The Cartier is my working watch... very clean and professional.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 07:02:37 PM »
Oh i miss my Chronoswiss Orea that i sold :(.
That enamel dial is just gorgeous.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2009, 07:40:39 PM »
haiya.... last month chronoswiss got big sale....

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2009, 07:21:03 AM »
Alice

Chronoswiss Lady Orea or Kairos  - chic
IWC - Bold

My the other half had a Cartier Santos as working watch. She wore it for the next 4 - 5 years or so, until recently took it for a complete service and polish.
Now, she wear a Tudor (daily) and the Cartier as a 2nd watch. The Epos shown here as a fun / weekend watch.

Cheerio
DC

Offline takashi78

« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2009, 07:22:41 AM »
Chris you mean the sale inside KL Plaza?
I went there with David and Scott, those Chronoswiss even with sales prices over 10k....out of my budget hahaha ;D