Author Topic: Ladies Watches.....  (Read 36242 times)

Offline Alice

Ladies Watches.....
« on: August 05, 2009, 12:49:46 PM »
Hi Guys,

What do you guys love in a ladies watch? Lets put it into 2 categories. For work and perhaps social occasions. Like your opinion of this....  :)

Offline sshark

Re: Ladies Watches.....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 01:19:22 PM »
I don't pay much attention to ladies watch.

I don't get ur question. Are you asking what i want the watch to look like for work and social occasions?

/lim/

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 01:22:57 PM »
budget?

Offline Alice

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 02:03:24 PM »
Yes....one for work and one for social occasion. Budget around 10k to 15k :Praying:

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 02:17:16 PM »
Welcome Alice  :Cheers:

From what i see, some of my female friend like Tissot, Omega, Cartie (Santos 100) at work and some with GP Cateye, JLC with diamond on a spacial occasions... but of course, it's all depend what you are working as and what occasion you are participating ;)

If your job requires you to travel around town, i think better wear something less noticeable or lower profile.. when come to dinner, i think lady like something blink? Just my opinion :)

I saw some ladies strap on a 44mm Panerai with colorful straps (white, blue, yellow, etc) and casual wear...damn "chun" (pardon my language)  :thumbsup:

:Cheers:
SC

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 02:26:04 PM »
Yes....one for work and one for social occasion. Budget around 10k to 15k :Praying:

What kind of watch do you like? smaller? big? blink? with your budget, a lot choices  :thumbsup:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 02:42:59 PM »
A nice Tudor with a lot of blings and a Cartier Santos would suit nicely, esp. for a lady (within your budget)

Alice - no introduction ah?

DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 04:15:50 PM »
10-15k....

cartier... is classic
ML.... is beautiful
Pam... is trend
rolex.... is valueable

stowa... is my choice ! .......... because i wont buy 10-15k watches to my wife.... :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 04:34:05 PM »
A Chopard happy diamond always looks good on a lady.

Offline Fred

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 05:11:02 PM »
ML divina looks good and elegant. Cartier is rather great choice too...

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 09:06:59 PM »
for now,i will say the new Reverso Squadra Lady Duetto : two times, one movement and yet 2 styles..It can be weared sporty or elegant.. ;)
I'm so in love with it..

Pic borrowed
For More Updates please visit my online store at:
https://www.facebook.com/wisparadise

Offline Fred

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 09:00:53 AM »
she has that...

Offline Alice

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 09:42:23 AM »
10-15k....

cartier... is classic
ML.... is beautiful
Pam... is trend
rolex.... is valueable

stowa... is my choice ! .......... because i wont buy 10-15k watches to my wife.... :Laughing_on_floor:

Hi Yee,

Aiya..... how can??? You wear a luxury watch and buy your dear wife a casio???? Sound rather unfair to me.... :thumbsdown:

Offline Alice

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 09:47:29 AM »

From what i see, some of my female friend like Tissot, Omega, Cartie (Santos 100) at work and some with GP Cateye, JLC with diamond on a spacial occasions... but of course, it's all depend what you are working as and what occasion you are participating ;)

If your job requires you to travel around town, i think better wear something less noticeable or lower profile.. when come to dinner, i think lady like something blink? Just my opinion :)

I saw some ladies strap on a 44mm Panerai with colorful straps (white, blue, yellow, etc) and casual wear...damn "chun" (pardon my language)  :thumbsup:

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your kind suggestions. Not a big fan of Tissot or Omega. Cartie maybe. I owned a few watches. Am looking for a blink watch for dinner :) Something to compliment my dinner dress.

SC

Offline sshark

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 10:13:34 AM »
Nowadays I see ladies wear men watch like Submariner (RRP RM18k++) or PAM. In fact, I have a skinny hand. With your budget u have lots of choices to begin with. happy shopping :)

Offline Alice

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 11:12:14 AM »
Nowadays I see ladies wear men watch like Submariner (RRP RM18k++) or PAM. In fact, I have a skinny hand. With your budget u have lots of choices to begin with. happy shopping :)
Hi Sshark,

can you make some suggestions. Submariner is rather boyish. What is a PAM? Sorry....i dun know much about watches but very interested in them. Somehow am still learning.  :)

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 11:25:40 AM »
PAM = Panerai ;) It is actually stand for "PAnerai Model"..

i think i will be attracted to a women who wearing a dinner dress with a classy Panerai ;D

How about Rolex Explorer I? Classic design + sporty + dinner (i think)....

BTW, what collection so far you have? Maybe members here can advice maybe based on the type of watches you already got ;)

SC

Offline Alice

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 11:35:22 AM »

i think i will be attracted to a women who wearing a dinner dress with a classy Panerai ;D

BTW, what collection so far you have? Maybe members here can advice maybe based on the type of watches you already got ;)

SC

Hi Scott,,

Glad to see you online. I don't have many in my collections. Just starting out. Hoping to learn and get some good watches with bargain prices.

Some watches are indeed overpriced.... mainly the popular like patek and rolex as they are well like by Malaysian generally. Whats your view on this?

Offline Alice

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 11:43:04 AM »

Looking for dinner watch... little bit of a blink  :)

I have a few for working already. don't think am looking for another working watch at the moment

SC

Offline sshark

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 12:33:23 PM »
Scott explains it all. :) I agree, Explorer I do looks sporty and classy. In short, plain and simple.

For me, or rather generally men, doesn't like too shinny and sparkling watches. However, Indian man seem to like gold (full gold) very much. And also, those born before 1970. The most I will go is rose gold. Of course, a lady would have a different view and like to have some decorations in their dials and cases of their watches. Like accessorizing their handbags :)

A good looking watch is the 1 that enhances your overall outlook when u dress down and its doesn't stand out too much when u dress up. It blends with u regardless how u dress

/lim/

Offline silverstan

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 01:37:15 PM »

SC

Last few month during my trip back to KL, brought my wife to get her b'day present.
i convince my wife to get Rolex Explorer I, but she chose Rolex 178240.
cause she know if she get Explorer I, that watch will end up on my wrist.  ;D
This model look ok for all occasion.

Rolex 178240 (pic borrowed from internet), she got black dial of this model.  :D

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 01:40:57 PM »
Not sure if you interested or not... i was in one of the AD in Pavilion yesterday, they have some nice lady Zenith (open heart) with some diamond on sales...i think after discount maybe within your budget ;) Maybe worth going there have a look  :thumbsup:

Watch over price is a real hot topic which has been discussed in many forums already ;) it is really hard to comment, at least, i didn't see any conclusion out there. In my opinion, it's really depend how you appreciate that particular time piece or brand... if you like it and willing to spend that amount, then I think it's really doesn't matter if it's overprice or not as long as you are happily wearing it ;) Just my very own opinion..

cheers!
SC

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2009, 01:43:14 PM »
cause she know if she get Explorer I, that watch will end up on my wrist.  ;D

Stan,
What can I say, your wife is so smart and brilliant :D

Offline Alice

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2009, 07:27:11 PM »
Hi Scott,
Like your suggestion regarding
A Chopard happy diamond always looks good on a lady.

How much does it cost?

Alice

Offline Alice

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 10:55:40 AM »
can u guy suggest any ladies' PAM? i am rather interested in that.
i prefer leather strap.