Author Topic: Florence's Panerai Boutique  (Read 5302 times)

Offline Cocobean

Florence's Panerai Boutique
« on: July 28, 2009, 01:01:33 AM »
Hey all, just to share a bit here.

I just got back from my 10 days holiday trip from Italy and it's been in my mind that i must visit the 1st panerai boutique given a chance. And i did, during my 3 nights stay in Florence. Well, these two pictures give you some idea if you wonder how the boutique looks like.

Offline takashi78

Re: Florence's Panerai Boutique
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 07:14:29 AM »
Quite a small and cute boutique.
Any pics of the inside?
Did you try on the 60mm monster?

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 07:19:57 AM »
any discount from the boutique?
and then any vat refund?
worth buying there?

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 07:27:31 AM »
Thanks Cocobean for sharing  :thumbsup:

This the very first OP shop open in the world! That's the reason why it is such a small shop/boutique and Panerai reserve the-look from 1860 (is it?) until today  :Cheers:

:Cheers:
SC

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 12:20:21 PM »
Hey,

I went to Italy for pure holiday and some shopping by my wife. I don't have plan to buy any watch there so my visit to the boutique was purely ' must visit, since this is the first shop' , ' anything special compare to the hong kong's and the rest ?' .

Takashi,
The boutique has small front but it is deep 70-80'' or maybe more . Not knowing the shop keeper and draw the camera for shots of the interior sounds awkward to me, especially when you are not intended to buy anything there. I was expecting the '1st' boutique will have more 'things' to see.

Yen,
Price tag shows pretty similar to those web price which varies from models to models, and of course most shops allow you to claim for VAT when you purchase over euro150 of goods. Guess most people will be happy to buy from HK, S'pore or even M'sia due to its tax-free on luxury goods status.

Scott,
I been browsing through the web to verify this, but i couldn't find the right answer. The official website tells the 1st boutique located at 'Piazza San Giovanni', but never mentioned its sitted on the same shop. 'Piazza ( means square ) San Gionvanni' is a big open space where the magnificent Duomo is situated, there must be at least over 100 shops around it. As for the look, yea and it keeps the old look if you compare those two picture.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 01:28:22 PM »
Thanks ;)

I think it's there since 1900...

check this out:-
http://www.hautehorlogerie.org/en/players/brands/panerai/history.html

Cheers!
SC

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2009, 01:36:51 PM »
Thanks Scott

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 08:40:35 PM »
Hi Cocobean,
Thanks for giving us a glimpse of the Panerai shrine.
Hope that we (Paneristis) should all be so lucky to make a pilgrimage there at least once in our lifetime.

Offline Cocobean

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 02:59:38 PM »
Hi Cocobean,
Thanks for giving us a glimpse of the Panerai shrine.
Hope that we (Paneristis) should all be so lucky to make a pilgrimage there at least once in our lifetime.

Hi Danny, sorry for late reply.
Yea, i believed hardcore Paneristis would view this boutique as their 'holy shrine'; but if you set foot in Florence; there are long list of 'must visit' places in and around. So you will probably take quick glance of the boutique and go somewhere else after that.  :)