Author Topic: Perception of Tudor  (Read 1995 times)

Offline genec

Perception of Tudor
« on: March 19, 2010, 03:35:05 PM »
Hey everyone

anyone saw the new line that Tudor has in Baselworld??!
their vintage chrono looks pretty cool!
that led me to do some research into the brand, and boy oh boy.....little did i know that it was once a Rolex spin off.
i remember when i was a kid and in malaysia, i've always got a perception that tudor is kinda ol' skool and cheap.....
but i think i've change my mind.

what do u guys think of Tudor?

Offline JPSP

Re: Perception of Tudor
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »
Tudor has always been in the shadow of Rolex (their looks are the similar to rolex). It's like Armani Exchange and Giorgio Armani. However over time, their designs have become more modern and sportier (Iconaut for example). They've maintained an image of a reliable and reasonably priced watch. Personally, the only Tudor I want to collect will be their Monte Carlo (now aka Heritage Chrono).

Offline Gerry

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:56:30 AM »
For a long time, Tudors have been more affordable version of Rolex models (God only knows why they never made a GMT but that's another grumble). They've now come into their own with watches that look nothing like Rolex. The new Heritage chrono is brilliant! I really like some of their dress watches as well.

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 02:19:33 PM »
For me i think you will get the same Rolex quality building but at lower price (if u dont mind the movement is eta) who know it maybe come of together with the nearly 1 million rolex produced a year