Author Topic: best place to buy watch in malaysia?  (Read 6597 times)

Offline genec

best place to buy watch in malaysia?
« on: September 23, 2009, 02:31:43 AM »

hi guys

i'm new here, so hello everyone!
cut my story short, im coming back home next month, and am intending to buy a watch (had my eyes on a Hamilton X-wind Automatic)
see pic....
http://www.luxurywatchstore.com/watches-i/Hamilton/H77696793.jpg

but because this isnt your average run of the mill rolex, tag, etc etc, was just wondering if any of you guys know where i could buy it?
and also the price....... =)

its selling for more than 1000quid here in the uk.....so was wondering if it would be cheaper back in good ol' malaysia!!!
i went to the hamilton website, and there r a couple of retailer that stocks hamilton watches, but problem is i donno if they would be stocking this model
one of them is emotus in KLCC, the other one is a duty free shop in KLIA which i intend to check it out once i touch down !!!

looking forward to seeing your replies!!

cheers
gene

Offline Scott C.

Re: best place to buy watch in malaysia?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 07:12:29 AM »
Welcome Gene :)

Yes, that shop in KLCC carry some Hamilton but I can't remember I have see this model before..maybe i just didn't pay attention to it  :HammerHead:

You can also try shop around LOT10, I remember there is a watch shop selling this brand too ;)

I bet Malaysia is cheaper then UK, ( 1) no tax and (2) you can bargain or asking for discount  :thumbsup:

Good luck in your hunting and do keep us posted ;)

:Cheers:
Scott

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 07:50:50 AM »
Hi Gene,
Welcome to MWF. Scott has given you some sound advice. I just want to add that the ADs in the City will probably be more accommodating compared to the airport outlets.

Best of luck in your hunt.

:Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 09:53:51 AM »
hang tai ss2 and bangsar village also carry this hamilton...
easier to bargain here.... guai lo wont give so much discount le.... some more no tax here...

some model cheaper online actually....

Offline genec

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 12:23:38 PM »

thanks guys for the advice!!! will definitely check out those shops mentioned...and keep u guys up to date!
what's your opinion on Hamiltons?
is it worth that $$$$$$$???
i know its american and its owned by swatch......but seems to be pedigree?
i think what i meant to ask is...........for the same amount of money.........would u go for a hamilton or somethingelse?

cheers
gene
(back in 15th oct....yehhhhh!!!!)