Author Topic: Magrette new model?  (Read 6403 times)

Offline darrencw

Magrette new model?
« on: March 28, 2012, 07:12:17 PM »
Hello guys,

Was browsing through the Magrette web and I saw 2 new models - Moana Pacific Chronograph PVD and Regattare Chronograph.

Also noticed the Magrette Regattare Bronze is available now. My confidence towards it dropped since the material issue.

Any thoughts?

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: Magrette new model?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 07:29:09 PM »
Hello guys,

Was browsing through the Magrette web and I saw 2 new models - Moana Pacific Chronograph PVD and Regattare Chronograph.

Also noticed the Magrette Regattare Bronze is available now. My confidence towards it dropped since the material issue.

Any thoughts?

I would not worry too much about the brand. They are changing the case for those who opt to have the case changed. You can also keep the current case if you so opt to keep it. As for the Regattare Bronze, the model the have is the Brass model (current model with the brass case) and not the new Bronze case. I think it is pretty pro-active on their part to do this. Says plenty about the brand and the people running the company. I sometimes wonder if the big boys would do the same.

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 08:48:56 PM »
I am keeping my brass magrette...  How bout u Ivan.?
Jacky Wong

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 08:51:04 PM »

Keeping it. I like the watch the way it is.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 09:32:58 PM »

They give extra strap n buckle right?

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2012, 10:07:30 PM »

They give extra strap n buckle right?

I believe so. You need to fill up the online form and tell them what you want to do. I think if you choose to keep the watch, you get a strap and a discount voucher on future buy. I am trying a third option, keep the current watch and buy the new bronze watch. The new case is from Germany and has better water resistant rating.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 10:33:04 PM »
So let me get this straight.
So previously this was called a bronze watch and after all the fiasco they refer it as brass watch now?

So does brass patina the same as bronze?

Offline darrencw

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 07:46:14 AM »
Hello guys,

Any thoughts?

I would not worry too much about the brand. They are changing the case for those who opt to have the case changed. You can also keep the current case if you so opt to keep it. As for the Regattare Bronze, the model the have is the Brass model (current model with the brass case) and not the new Bronze case. I think it is pretty pro-active on their part to do this. Says plenty about the brand and the people running the company. I sometimes wonder if the big boys would do the same.

Brand is not too much of a concern, I'm just worried about the same thing happening again but since they are changing the case then I guess it's not too much to worry about. What's the difference between brass and bronze case? In terms of aging?

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 12:16:28 PM »
thinking to having one, but cant make the decision.....

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 01:58:14 PM »
So previously this was called a bronze watch and after all the fiasco they refer it as brass watch now?

Yeah that is the problem that these small micro brands face. They are dependent on their supplier and if their suppliers screws them up, they get the bad name. Sad really. At least these micro brands are trying to recover from it and doing pretty well at the recovery. Something the big boys can learn.

Anyway, no, brass will patina differently from bronze. Bronze will become darker (with tinge of red) while brass will brown with age. It seems patina is the in word at the moment. I remember it use to be called tarnish.....  ::) :P ;D

Offline wslee

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2012, 11:10:30 PM »
Btw,do they have any retailer in Malaysia?It seems like quite reasonable price they are selling

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 01:15:28 AM »
Btw,do they have any retailer in Malaysia?It seems like quite reasonable price they are selling

Sadly the only option is on-line. Part and parcel of the micro brand business plan.

Offline darrencw

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 01:03:56 PM »

Yeah that is the problem that these small micro brands face. They are dependent on their supplier and if their suppliers screws them up, they get the bad name. Sad really. At least these micro brands are trying to recover from it and doing pretty well at the recovery. Something the big boys can learn.

Anyway, no, brass will patina differently from bronze. Bronze will become darker (with tinge of red) while brass will brown with age. It seems patina is the in word at the moment. I remember it use to be called tarnish.....  ::) :P ;D

so if i apply autosol on it will be all clean again right?  ;D

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 01:14:19 PM »
For those who own a the bronze/brass model, how tough is the case? Dings easily? Considering one since it is available again but am halfhearted about it.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 04:56:02 PM »
The watch or watch case is as tough as SS I guess. I have a couple of scratches and dings and the best part is that it shows as the colour of the exposed parts is brighter. I like the watch.