Author Topic: My first love  (Read 3070 times)

Offline peanut

My first love
« on: March 17, 2010, 10:33:55 PM »
My first watch - Blancpain Leman Ultra-slim.  Probably the bracelet is a bit "uncle" and the watch needs polishing, but it is still extremely accurate and super comfortable to wear.  it has an impressive 100 hours power reserve for a ultra slim case! 

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: My first love
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 06:35:53 AM »
blancpain is always technically good...
personally i never attracted by its classic design... compare to breguet, alange, un, ap... just personal was like i never like vc design...

this one is quite simple gd looking....

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 02:54:32 PM »
My first watch - Blancpain Leman Ultra-slim.  Probably the bracelet is a bit "uncle" and the watch needs polishing, but it is still extremely accurate and super comfortable to wear.  it has an impressive 100 hours power reserve for a ultra slim case! 
100 hrs PR. That's quite an achievement for such a slim watch. How is it done? Multiple barrels?

:Cheers:

Offline peanut

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 07:14:57 AM »
I believe it is twin barrels.  I quite like this watch as it is very accurate and has relatively long power reserve.  One interesting thing is that this watch changes date instantly at 12am on the dot whereas my Royal Oak and GO Pano change dates at 12:07am and 12:08am respectively. 

One thing I am thinking of doing is to change it to leather strap.  Would appreciate suggestions on where to change the Blancpain strap.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 07:44:11 AM »
One interesting thing is that this watch changes date instantly at 12am on the dot whereas my Royal Oak and GO Pano change dates at 12:07am and 12:08am respectively. 

I think this can be tuned if you send it for back for service later... i mean jumping of date at midnight ;)

Nice watch!

scott

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »
if i remember correctly the first diver watches was from Blancpain even earlier than Lolek's submariner??

Offline peanut

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2010, 08:58:37 PM »
I don't know if Blancpain's Fifty Fathoms was the first diver's watch but it is widely used by world wide military/naval divers and also was used by Jacques Cousteau in his ground breaking Le Monde du Silence.  For diver's watch, I will take BP FF over RolexSub any time.