Author Topic: My first watch in 2013 and the state of my current collection  (Read 14574 times)

Offline Empty Tree 8

Re: My first watch in 2013 and the state of my current collection
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 11:42:03 AM »
Great collection...drool inducing.....must have been very tough selling the previous pieces....enjoy the exquisite timepieces!

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2013, 01:54:14 PM »
Very impressive collection you got there.

May I know what watch is that shown beside the IWC?

Also, since you owned a Speedmaster racing, can you please share your view on that? Some people told me that only the Speedy Pro worth getting. Any truth in that?

Thanks.

Offline JPSP

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 11:12:27 AM »
Very impressive collection you got there.

May I know what watch is that shown beside the IWC?

Also, since you owned a Speedmaster racing, can you please share your view on that? Some people told me that only the Speedy Pro worth getting. Any truth in that?

Thanks.

Thanks. That's a Hublot Aerobang Skeleton

I very much prefer the new speedmaster racing with red dial. It's a decent co-axial movement and a good size of 40mm. Yes most omega fans prefer Pro because it's the "iconic" watch of Omega.

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 12:52:57 PM »
Noted.

red dial with co-axial is decent indeed. My eye is on the speedy date thou. Maybe I'll go against the fans for a while...  ;)

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2013, 10:16:13 AM »
Another punch for me, ouch. Seems like the Speedy Pro is always gonna win.

Quote from this week's Askmen Watchsnob article:

Any other Omega
Q: I thoroughly enjoy reading your column, which I find remarkably self-deprecating (as a reflection upon myself, that is) given my current state of horological knowledge. Here's my specific question: Why is the only Omega to buy the Speedmaster Pro? Although not much less expensive, I like the look of the Speedmaster Date a bit better (but not the look a true watch fan would give me for wearing it). Is there something about its case or mechanism that's not up to par? Has it come off the assembly line without the handmade attention of its bigger brother?

A: Omega painted itself in a corner with the Speedmaster. It created its most iconic and arguably best watch in 1957 and hasn’t really changed it since, and that’s a good thing. Meanwhile, it has churned out hundreds of versions of its other watches, most forgettable fads. The brand had its high point in the 1960s and, really, any of its watches from that era would be fantastic today, if they had been left unchanged.

Omega should have taken a page from Rolex and frozen its designs in time in 1967. Instead they’re still riding the wave of glory from the moon landing that is quickly becoming ancient history. But even without its space connection, the Speedmaster is Omega’s most honest watch, with the most undiluted DNA from its best years. While it is focusing on coaxial this and LiquidMetal that, the Omega everyone wants is the one that’s the same as it was 40 years ago. There’s something to be said for keeping things simple. Once Omega takes that to heart, I’ll start taking the brand more seriously. Skip the Speedmaster Date and get the real thing.

Offline sky1977

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2013, 10:07:45 PM »
hi friend you have a very good taste in watches must cost a bomb for all these.

Offline Oltaschindl

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2013, 04:07:49 PM »
I am jealous  ;),  wish these watches could be the part of my collection..  :thumbsup:
Collection of wrist watches... bulova mens, citizen eco drive watch and casio g-shock watch!

Offline porkbelly

« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2013, 06:43:47 PM »
hey bro! why not trying out Maurice Lacroix or Frank Muller? the Cartier Santos 100 is sucha killer!!

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2013, 08:20:47 PM »
Looking at your collection, I want to ask this, how does it feel to own the trinity?
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2013, 08:39:04 PM »
superb collection  :thumbsup:

GS should be next

Offline JPSP

« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2013, 11:41:00 AM »

GS should be next

Yup...the green Seiko spring diver gmt.. :Cheers:

Looking at your collection, I want to ask this, how does it feel to own the trinity?

now no feel..  :HammerHead: but when I first got them...I spent days admiring the pieces.  :thumbsup:

Offline JPSP

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2013, 11:41:41 AM »

GS should be next

Yup...the green GS spring diver gmt.. :Cheers:

now no feel..  :HammerHead: but when I first got them...I spent days admiring the pieces.  :thumbsup:

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2013, 12:21:16 PM »
even your GS is not the ordinary GMT but the Green GMT, marvelous