Author Topic: Resell Value for IWC Watch  (Read 14074 times)

Offline jjsting

Resell Value for IWC Watch
« on: November 04, 2012, 11:42:47 AM »
Hi all,

I am new to this website.  Just want to find out the resell value for IWC 371702

Thanks

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
Re: Resell Value for IWC Watch
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:22:55 PM »
Why are you so keen on the resale value???

Smells like you wana see the best price possible here and sell the watch based on that  :thumbsdown:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 08:26:22 PM by Gigi »

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 07:07:30 AM »
Simple googling with give you the results.

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 07:51:57 AM »
Seem like a lot are asking for the same question.... :Laughing_on_floor:
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2012, 03:25:38 PM »
er..what the re-sell value for LOLEK watch ar?? ;D

Offline watchfreak

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 04:05:43 PM »
well to be honest, although IWC has been one of the highly sorted watches, however hardly seeing anyone selling one. its second hand value may not be as good as a Rolex or a PAM IMHO.. you may wanna try posting on SWX to try ur luck :)

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 06:38:14 AM »
The IWC which uses the 7 days pelaton movements are more sought after in the preown segment, n is more stable in prices also.regards tony

Offline davidtth

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2013, 07:24:23 AM »
perhaps due to most of the lower end model are still using ETA? few in house like 7 days hold better value, but hack 7 days service ain't cheap hence not really good in 2nd hand too :p

the only IWC i love is the platinum protofino moonphase... the iconic of IWC :)

Offline boonzy111

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 09:15:23 AM »
How much do u think the service will cost? And how how often do u service them?

Offline stevehenrry

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 01:19:35 PM »
It depends on its models that which type of models. I want to say that the same relates to Rolex timepiece, even if they overall usually sustain value better than most other manufacturers. But there are also many Rolex timepiece designs which usually not keep value well.

Offline vinorus

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 04:02:46 PM »
I came across a three years old LWC Protofino selling at less than 10k, not so sure about the original price, but I tried to search and realised that watch might be the lowest end Protofino using ETA movement...
The Daytona C in Steel is my dream watch now...

Offline STeeLPrOpheT

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 07:34:46 PM »
IWC 371702 not so good, iwc watches with in-house movement commands better re-sale value

Offline 9tailsfox

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2015, 10:04:23 PM »
So if iwc compare to Rolex. Both which will be good resale value?

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 11:12:16 PM »
In terms of resale value in general, iwc is nowhere near the King Rolex.......not even the in house mvment iwc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline 9tailsfox

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2015, 10:03:39 PM »
I see.... but I thought Rolex most loved by asian countries. while IWC most loved by US/Euro countries. I could be wrong.hehe

Offline nikfs1881

• "Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend."
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2015, 12:41:44 AM »
Not sure about the US but since i am based in switzerland, i can safely say the second hand value of rolexes in switzerland are definitely better than iwc.....but you are right that the WIS here is also into IwC and other brands like JLC, bucherer, etc......

Having said that, rolex is a mass produced luxury watches that sell very well in any market and have also been a market leader (based on annual sales figure) for many consecutive years worldwide, i would be surprised if it is not as popular as IWC (or even more popular) in the US market....but, again i could also be wrong....

Rolex Sea-dwellerC|Breitling Seawolf Blacksteel LE|Tag heuer Grand Carrera|Chopard Monaco Historique Time Attack|Baume et Mercier Capeland|Tudor Grantour|Omega Seamaster|Oris Artix Complication|Rolex 6694|Tag Heuer Link|Oris William F1|Tag Heuer 2000|Tissot T-Race LE|Rado D-Star 200 |Sistem51|Longines Hydroconquest Chrono|Seiko SRP577|Seiko SBDC003|Steinhart GMT Pepsi & Nav B44| Nomos Tangente 38

Offline 9tailsfox

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 07:37:42 PM »
Most of people want a standout watch.... such IWC, JLC...etc make big watch case >40mm & transparent back to please buyer can see the movement and heartbeat. While Rolex to some people are a boring watch that. Because the case different is minimal.., like a Porsche... the new and old model is that really a big difference? In short  if you are those people who know well in Rolex history then you will understand what is Rolex Oyster Case. Rolex don't make a watch to please people to see. They make a watch for people to wear last long.

Offline vinorus

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 07:31:52 AM »
Most of people want a standout watch.... such IWC, JLC...etc make big watch case >40mm & transparent back to please buyer can see the movement and heartbeat. While Rolex to some people are a boring watch that. Because the case different is minimal.., like a Porsche... the new and old model is that really a big difference? In short  if you are those people who know well in Rolex history then you will understand what is Rolex Oyster Case. Rolex don't make a watch to please people to see. They make a watch for people to wear last long.

Very true, no transparent back, no change on design, no pleasing WIS, this is Rolex and they have never gone wrong with the above policies...
The Daytona C in Steel is my dream watch now...

Offline theseira

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 04:09:07 PM »
Well no where near Rolex in terms of resale.

On the side note.

I currently doing some research on big pilot. Spoke to a dealer and told him I wanna sell one how much I can get for a 5002 mint. He tell me 7000 SGD. I told him mate I'll buy it from you for 7500 sgd. dealers these days man. Anyone know what's a reasonable price for 5002? I'm thinking around 9000-10000+ sgd??

Offline Timeless

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 06:28:13 PM »
Typically drop approximately 50%

Offline RRL

« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2016, 08:43:59 PM »
Agree with PAM.

You could lose up 50% the moment you carry that new IWC watch out of the IWC boutique! Question is whether that few moments walking out of the boutique would worth that much $.

For resale value, it is Rolex. And among the Rolexes, Submariner 116610 has the best resale value!

Offline Watched

• New trained daddy
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2016, 03:38:18 PM »
Reseller value depends on the watch movement?
Rolex submariner is very good

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2016, 03:58:16 PM »
Resale for IWC these days are getting soft. Good luck. And as most have mentioned, try googling. At the end of the day, willing buyer, willing seller.

Offline asimo

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2016, 05:48:17 PM »
 case study. .. .a new IWC Mark XVII officially retails at RM17400 , pre-owned selling about RM9K to RM10K depending
on condition (2 year old preowned)

Offline asimo

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2016, 05:51:30 PM »

any comments on the resale value of Omega ?  8) i guess maybe slightly better than IWC?