Author Topic: latest aquisition...tissot visodate & hamilton slim automatic!(added new pics!!)  (Read 15768 times)

Offline maximillian

well,i picked up the hammy about a month ago,followed by the visodate 2 days back.i must say im a happy camper!

initial thoughts about the visodate is that its a beautiful watch.very classical and clean look.overall look of it is sweet! i cant take my eyes off it! it wears about 40mm which is comfortable and not too heavy.i love the domed sapphire crystal and the stick numerals on the dial..i'll insert more pics when i have the chance to.here's a wristshot of it :D

a backview :)

another view of the dial!

followed by my hamilton slim 42mm automatic.what i love about this watch is that its reaaaly thin,and there's a certain coherence in the design of the watch itself.the design reminds me of NYC's chrysler building,i guess its because of the clean lines of the watch itself.it has a silver sunray finished dial and yes,without seconds' hand.it doesnt bother me though,it kinda adds a bit of character and 'nostalgia' to the watch.i love it and this watch is highly recommended.oh ya it comes with two sizes,one of which is smaller than 42mm..i think its 40mm..anyway at the price offered,its a steal!
here's a pic or two of it(1 month old pic btw) :

a nice ETA 2892 movement :)

well made buckle :)

and here's a family picture of my humble collection:

top:tissot visodate,epos ref 3369,epos ref 3390
bottom:epos ref 3397,certina DS prince automatic,hamilton slim

thanks for reading,have a great weekend guys!:Cheers:

« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:58:25 PM by maximillian »
musdus vult decipi ergo decipiatur.veritatem dies aperit.

Offline MadZiZ

Re: latest aquisition...tissot visodate & hamilton slim automatic!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2011, 05:32:40 AM »
Lovely collection  :o I like your Visodate, very elagent and the hamilton is too  ;)

Offline maximillian

Re: latest aquisition...tissot visodate & hamilton slim automatic!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2011, 02:58:00 PM »
thanks!i love it :D added some new pics !!

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Congrats on the catch. Got to say that it is nice to see Tissot releasing more automatic watches. I like the Hamilton and its 'idiot' proof case back.

Offline maximillian

haha thanks! ;D idiot proof case??u mean caseback secured with screws?:D

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
haha thanks! ;D idiot proof case??u mean caseback secured with screws?:D

Nope, you can't fix the case back the wrong way round as there are two screws near the crown.

Offline maximillian

ahhhh i seee..true!!

Offline Manburg

I agree that the Tissot with its MSRP is a very interesting proposition - it looks classy with clean and simple lines. It's in the Heritage line, one that's supposed to hark back to its good ol' days. That's why the normal Tissot font is changed to the old one. I guessed 'retro' is the in thing now.

As for the Hamilton, did you give any thought to the Jazzmaster GMT before finalising the decision?

Congrats!  :thumbsup:
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline maximillian

i agree..the retro styling cues are evident in the visodate..and i particularly like the stick numerals as well as the old school T signed crown.

well,im not that into complications,i prefer clean time only watches.mainly because servicing is cheaper and i dont use chronographs,gmt ,calendar etc on my watch.im a more time only kinda guy;) so it was an easy choice for me.i love the hamilton's clean dial & albeit quite too large for a dress watch,but its great though.love the shimmer on the dial! my dad however is a very frequent traveler so GMT function is quite important for him,and he collects timepieces too..currently he straps on this to work

*picture taken from the net

btw i must say this hamilton jazzmaster power reserve is a handsome watch :)

*picture taken from the net
 :Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
this new tissot is lovely...

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
i agree the visodate is very nice and bang for bucks ..  ;D

wanted the black/silver one but out of stock, so went home with the couturier instead :Jumping:

then another piece caught my eye (quadrato chrono valjoux) it push the visodate further down the list

then again the hamilton

after this two ..  :Dancing_banana:

Offline kokies

• Freshie
Pretty nice collections, congrats ! Yeah the Hamilton looks good and the size is good as well.

Offline kenixck

your taste - simplicity is the best sophistication

Offline fistball

• Freshie
All clean and " direct " watch, nice collection u have there....

Offline shahkl2u

• Freshie
Hi my first post. I like the visodate and thinking to grab one. Go to Tissot at KLCC end up buying T-Lord.
So guy what you think my new watch.

Offline Watchnewby

Very nice collection. I like your taste of simplicity.
Love the thin Hammy.  :Dancing_banana:

Offline Conscript

Dude, The Hamilton stopped my heart beat for 5 secs, lol.
Mind sharing the price thru pm ? hehe ,Tqvm  :thumbsup: