Author Topic: Early attempt using a DSLR camera - 1st attempt  (Read 3448 times)

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
Early attempt using a DSLR camera - 1st attempt
« on: July 06, 2010, 07:38:27 AM »
This is my 1st time using a DSLR camera... please be kind to me  :-*.... hahaha... Borrowed my brother in law's camera. Never hold such expensive camera before :o..... so I just 'played' with it... sorry friends.... not a good shot...  :'(

Model for today..... Epos Sportive 3396

Just want to introduce to everybody a model that already discontinued now.... info from AD Epos in Penang.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:53:45 AM by duniajam »

Online ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Early attempt using a DSLR camera - 1st attempt
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 08:06:31 AM »
Good attempt .. but pictures bit out of focus.
Shoot more  :Cheers:

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 08:17:21 AM »
Good try mate ;) No worry we all (or just me) new here to learn how to get the "right" photos too  :Cheers:

If you are not using marco, can try to increase the aperture size so that you will not get that much of "blur", eg, the first page ;)

More to come ya ;)

Btw, nice looking watch ;)

scott

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 08:35:42 AM »
Thanks man. I never use such camera before. For all this time I only use an auto focus camera. No wonder everything is blur  :HammerHead:... actually... I didn't focus at all.... just snap the pics... hahaha...  :laugh:

Offline peanut

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 08:56:42 AM »
The pics are either having un-intended narrow depth of field and/or camera shake.  To shoot small objects such as watches using dSLR, you need to have the "right macro lens".  Otherwise, no point shooting them as you will be better off using a point-and-shoot camera to shoot. Point-and-shoot camera with its small sensor will actually have better depth of field (everything else being equal - same aperture and speed).  The only problem with point-and-shoot is the working distance as you will see your own camera in the reflection of shinny objects such as watches.

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 09:07:21 AM »
The pics are either having un-intended narrow depth of field and/or camera shake.  To shoot small objects such as watches using dSLR, you need to have the "right macro lens".  Otherwise, no point shooting them as you will be better off using a point-and-shoot camera to shoot. Point-and-shoot camera with its small sensor will actually have better depth of field (everything else being equal - same aperture and speed).  The only problem with point-and-shoot is the working distance as you will see your own camera in the reflection of shinny objects such as watches.

Thanks. Don't have any knowledge about photography actually. Thanks for the info bro...  ;) :thumbsup:

Offline adrian

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 09:58:42 AM »
I don't know what these guys are talking about.

Your photos are very good.

The plants look very sharp to me. :Laughing_on_floor:

Gurau je bro.  ;D

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 10:14:06 AM »
I'm want to snap the plant... but the watch make me out of fokus.... muahahaha...  :Laughing_on_floor: Also I'm using a 'blurring effect lens'...  Thats why its blur.....  Hahaha....  :Laughing_on_floor: Just to covered up.... ekekekee....  :Dancing_banana:

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 10:36:16 AM »
ahahhaahaha..i have the same watch but on rubber strap..regret..should have gotten the metal bracelet
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy