Author Topic: Has anyone ever actually get blacklisted by AD for flipping?  (Read 7086 times)

Offline W3ll

Re: Has anyone ever actually get blacklisted by AD for flipping?
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2022, 07:42:20 AM »
Well, just hope that your AD folks don't stumble upon your watch/postings here as I'm pretty sure no amount of "stories" you curate can convince them for putting you in for another hot Rolex piece in the future.

Offline x-1o8-x

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2022, 08:10:46 AM »
Well, just hope that your AD folks don't stumble upon your watch/postings here as I'm pretty sure no amount of "stories" you curate can convince them for putting you in for another hot Rolex piece in the future.

I'll just accept the fact that I posted this publicly as I did not intend to sneakily sell the watch so there's always the chance of them stumbling across my post. If they asked, I'll just tell them how it went. There's no "stories" to curate as you put it, I'm only sharing my thought process and experience on this  :)
Never Tidur on Tudor

Offline bc40

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2022, 08:49:42 AM »
I personally dont know anyone who is blacklisted, but I was told by the dealers they actually happen

Offline WHEELQ

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2022, 08:54:55 PM »
Yes, some of the famous brand do monitor their watches in used narket. I can confirm from my own close fren who's got emailed from Rolex regarding the sale of a watch he recently acquired and thus, disallowing future allocation. Concurs by another fren's fren who also received similar email from Rolex.

How the catch flipper is simple. Search online sales post, cross match with serial number (serious mistake) AND also date of purchase/warranty. Not many Milgauss sold on one particular date.. All sales of Rolex are diligently recorded.

I personally has allocation from AP and they expect us to keep their watches for 5 years. Can't afford a lot AP, thus definitely keeping them for life. As for Rolex, the expect holding for 3 yrs, as in their official Rolex Certified Pre own certification programme. I hav not reach the privilege of getting my 1st Patek so i can't comment on this. Well, they said PP is for generation keepsake so maybe they expect us to keep for life  😁

Offline qhy500

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2023, 01:30:32 PM »
But the watch shops don't verify your identity right? so just need to give a different name LOL to get allocation? though you will need to build your relationship with another AD in that scenario

Offline dpkong

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2023, 12:45:32 PM »

But the watch shops don't verify your identity right? so just need to give a different name LOL to get allocation? though you will need to build your relationship with another AD in that scenario

AD will photocopy your ID at your first purchase and enter details into their system for future references. I believe the details are also tagged to each watch you buy.