Author Topic: My watch family - Girard-Perregaux  (Read 6190 times)

Offline ab7882

My watch family - Girard-Perregaux
« on: May 19, 2013, 07:31:12 PM »
The Manufacture Girard-Perregaux was introduced to me by a friend when I asked for his recommendation to buy a good Swiss watch that would not cost me an arm and a leg (perhaps just an arm and a few fingers).  He brought me to a shop in Pavilion and his manager friend at the shop were more than happy to show me a few very nice watches. Of all the watches he showed me, this caught my eye...

GP ww.tc small second.  I was attracted to the world time complication and the watch looks good on my wrist.  Further reading on the history and the range of watches offered by GP plus going through the on line discussions convinced me to make the purchase (at a very attractive discount to retail).

The ww.tc opens up my interest in the world of GP.  Browsing through a website one day, I came across this...

GP tribute to Rally Monte-Carlo 1965 chronograph won by Mini Cooper S.  The watch ticks all the right boxes- 1965 was my year of birth and Mini Cooper S is one of my favourite cars. Plus, of course, it is a handsome looking chronograph.

Since diving is one of my leisure activities, dive watches are always an attraction to me. This came up on a website..

GP Sea Hawk Pro. I thought at 44mm it is too big for my wrist, but wearing it proves otherwise as the watch hugs the wrist.  The design is well thought out for a dive watch and it looks rugged on the wrist.

I saw this being offered as a pre-owned watch on a website..

GP Traveller II alarm GMT. The GP website does not have information on the model but digging through the internet yields information on this discontinued model.  This is the first alarm watch that I have and the GMT complication is very useful for my travels. I changed the rubber strap with a black leather with red stitching which matches the red coloured details on the dial perfectly.

A casual weekend visit to the AD is always fraught with danger.  One such visit had me picking this up...

GP Vintage 1945 XXL small second. The case is curved and fits snugly on the wrist.  The case and dial design is simple and just gorgeous.

I saw this watch being offered on a website...

a Jean Richard Paramount chronograph.  I found out that JR is a sister brand of GP and comes out from the same factory. This watch uses its own JR movement.

The family photo..

My interest in GP continues. Their new watches over the last few months such as the Hawk and the new Traveller line looks good and I will definitely check them out when they arrive at our shores.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: My watch family - Girard-Perregaux
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 07:51:04 PM »
Lovely family...
The Jr chrono n 1945xxl looks gd

Offline davidtth

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2013, 08:43:34 PM »
that, is really superb collection ! especially the world time !

i wonder how many more brand u wan to poison us, you are dangerous person here...  ;D

Offline ab7882

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2013, 09:53:05 PM »
Thanks. No more families left...only a few singles,  twins and perhaps a triplet..

Glad to share the photos. Will also join GTGs if time permits.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2013, 09:53:29 PM »
U r one scary person. :Startled:
Before u show more families, can u give us a warning on how many more families u have?? :o
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2013, 07:29:18 AM »
Bro - nice collection!
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2013, 08:24:02 AM »
plse show us your triplets, twins and singles in that order..
not all at once, plse...otherwise we will overdose on your poison :Laughing_on_floor:

Thanks. No more families left...only a few singles,  twins and perhaps a triplet..

Glad to share the photos. Will also join GTGs if time permits.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 12:29:44 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline bezelnut

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2013, 11:59:32 AM »
Nice GP collection. Thanks for sharing.

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2013, 12:27:08 PM »
impressive, I'm eager to see how many more family you have there

Offline sm

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 07:02:36 AM »
The world time is stunning!