Author Topic: Orange power  (Read 31529 times)

Offline Primus

Orange power
« on: December 04, 2012, 10:43:38 PM »
Hi Guys,

Recently I've been hit by a strange fever... orange fever.

I don't know how it happened, but i was looking to buy a new daily beater something i can safely use during my rough work conditions and suddenly i just had to buy a watch with orange in it!
I just don't know why or how it got in my mind! Might have been my bright orange lighter sitting on my desk one day or something but i can't stop thinking about it and have been obesessing about it! Powerful poison...

Anyway i just want to compile a list of some good ones i've seen so far. Maybe you guys can share what other watches you guys know or own and we can all share our love for the colour orange

Basically any watch that has orange dial, bezel, numbers, pointers.

(I've tried to select all with bands made out of rubber if possible as thats what i'm looking for right now :) )

First Orange:

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono:

Second Orange:

Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean:

Third Orange:

Seiko Orange Monster (New Models with upgraded movement)

Fourth Orange:

Victorinox Swiss Army Summit XLT Chronograph

Fifth Orange:

Victorinox Swiss Army Maverick II

Sixth Orange:

Tag Heuer Forumla One F1 Chronograph

My humble view:

For me, the absolutely best i've see so far is hands down the Omega Planet Ocean Chronograph. I never really did like Omega all this while but after seeing that watch, they have perfected a watch with the colour orange. The shade of orange and where they place the colour is perfect. Unfortunately for now the Omega Planet Ocean is out of my daily beater price range, looks like i might have to come back and play with him another day. But just want to repeat, hands down if you want a watch with orange in it, simply Omega Planet Ocean no doubt about it. Although some might like the non chrono option for a more classic timeless option. But chrono one just does it for me... very very poisoned.. Wishlist.. updated...

Best value for money is no doubt the orange monster and i think i might go for that guy  :) I had my doubts about this Orange Monster from Seiko for a while but when i saw the new updated models i actually like the new dials alot. Was still doubtful about it but when i saw some wrist shots i think that kinda tipped the edge for me. Only thing is i do happen to do some recreational diving (just for fun, nothing serious) but i don't like how some of the independent watch sites i see don't suggest we wear this watch for diving. I just don't get that part. If the watch is a diving watch how come we can't use it for diving... kinda defeat the purpose of the design. Oh well...maybe head to the AD for seiko and do some testing...

The Tag F1 watch the bezel is abit too weird for me... the rest doesn't excite me as much as the others. Although i was hoping Luminox might have some nice orange scheme watch,  as it seems to suit their brand style but very surprisingly they didn't have anything of particular note. Oh well.

If you like please feel free to share your orange love
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:50:31 PM by Primuslim »

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Re: Orange power
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 06:19:02 AM »
Omega Planet Ocean CoAxial Chrono looks the nicest of those u posted.
I had this same model for several yrs. Excellent quality for daily beater.
After a while u'll tire of the orange though..I sold it last year.
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline Everdying

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 08:16:20 AM »
i like this mido special edition.

Offline STT1987

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 11:05:42 AM »
I'm very partial to Breitlings. Especially their Aeromarine series.

Breitling SuperOcean II - 42mm Orange limited edition.
Rubberized leather strap (orange and black). If you can find it, it's a great value compared to the Omega.

“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain
This video will prepare you for internet life.

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 12:41:26 PM »
My orange team member: Orient Mako II

Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline Primus

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 03:07:48 PM »
The Breitling is nice. Subtle orange lining. Congrats on your piece.

Ahh the Orient Mako II, i actualy did see this watch but somehow couldn't picture it in a rubber strap thats why i didn't select it :)

And finally, the Mido Multifort. I actually like Mido watches, i like their dials. THat particular piece i've never come across atually, thanks for sharing. I own a Mido Multifort chrono piece as well, i just want to say those watches are durable. My dog pulled my Mido from my nightstand table and it dropped onto the hard floor (table at above waist hieight) and proceeded to gnaw at it for god knows how long. I head something heavy fall from my table onto my hard tiled floor, but i thought my dog was as usual playing with his toy that i happened to keep in another table in my room. Only to walk in and see my watch on the floor and my dog happy face on the floor with the watch half in his mouth!

No scratches, no blemishes, no cracks no dents! The whole thing looks like new! Only part was the leather strap had some damage, which i can forgive Mido for. I forgave my dog, but if it was my PP i dunno what i'll do to him... maybe give him a slow torture..

Compared this to a Tissot watch i bought for my friend's bday, and the very next night after he received his watch, he was taking it off in the bathroom, it slipped from his hands and it fell on a tiled floor, the whole entire front glass cracked.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:09:31 PM by Primuslim »

Offline Everdying

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 03:40:59 PM »
that particular mido piece i came across in ikano power center.

Offline Primus

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 04:07:48 PM »
that particular mido piece i came across in ikano power center.

lol thats where i bought my mido last time. ground floor ikano, opposite cold storage

Offline CrazyWatch

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 05:27:39 PM »

How about this ??

Offline M8

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 11:42:11 PM »

Nice, may i know how much it cost?

Offline Primus

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 11:16:58 AM »

How about this ??

:o wow an orange AP watch. Nice watch. But i think if i was to buy an AP watch, for me personally i would go for a design for more formal environment. However everyone has their own taste. Certainly beautiful dial.

I found this other watch i think is a great alternative to the Omega Planet Ocean, if you are looking for a diving watch.

Oris Regulatuer “Der Meistertaucher"

Only problem is this bad boy is 49mm big. For diving purposes i can understand the large size of the watch (for clarity under water), but i'm not sure if the 49mm size is suitable for daily beater purposes also.

Offline STT1987

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 12:03:45 PM »
I found this other watch i think is a great alternative to the Omega Planet Ocean, if you are looking for a diving watch.

Oris Regulatuer “Der Meistertaucher"

Only problem is this bad boy is 49mm big. For diving purposes i can understand the large size of the watch (for clarity under water), but i'm not sure if the 49mm size is suitable for daily beater purposes also.

Here is the earlier Carlos Coste chronograph limited edition.
47mm case, 20mm+ thick!
Nice enough orange lume accents that actually provide a decent glow in the dark.

I got this in 2008 when I first started collecting. I hardly wear it now and it spends most of it's time in the box. It's not the diameter of the casing that's troublesome to wear for everyday use (which is really 99% of the time); its the thickness. When a watch is nearly half an inch thick, you just start banging it against door frames, walls, desks etc. This is why I stopped wearing it and stopped buying Oris divers in general.
“Do not argue with an idiot they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - Mark Twain

Offline STT1987

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 12:12:25 PM »
I think IWC has made several interesting orange color themed watches. This one is rather intriguing.
IWC Big Pilot Orange limited edition.
Titanium case, only 50 made for Sincere watches in 2007.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 02:14:14 PM by STT1987 »

Offline CrazyWatch

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »
I think IWC has made several interesting orange color themed watches. This one is rather intriguing.

A very nice iwc on orange colour....beauty

Offline Primus

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 04:04:34 PM »

Here is the earlier Carlos Coste chronograph limited edition.
47mm case, 20mm+ thick!
Nice enough orange lume accents that actually provide a decent glow in the dark.

I got this in 2008 when I first started collecting. I hardly wear it now and it spends most of it's time in the box. It's not the diameter of the casing that's troublesome to wear for everyday use (which is really 99% of the time); its the thickness. When a watch is nearly half an inch thick, you just start banging it against door frames, walls, desks etc. This is why I stopped wearing it and stopped buying Oris divers in general.

wow 20mm is very thick. The problem with that also i think would be fitting it in your working clothes, you either have to unbutton your wrist buttons or roll your sleeves up. The Oris diver watch i posted above is 15mm thick. Interested in others opinion if that is too thick also. My wrist is only 6.75 inch thick, i think a 49mm watch might be too big, unless the lug curves comfortably around. Maybe i'l just go AD and take a test drive.

Offline Primus

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 04:05:15 PM »

Nice IWC. Simply dial design.

Offline Primus

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 04:24:48 PM »
Wanna update a photo for the Oris Regulatuer “Der Meistertaucher" watch in action! Got this picture from the watchuseek forum.

Beautiful looking dial unwater, with anti glaring coating on the top crystal, which is important underwater. Whatever diving watch i buy, i will definately bring that guy diving with me.

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 08:35:18 PM »

I actually tried one of these beauties in 2007. So regret that i didnt get it.
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline STT1987

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2012, 02:22:18 PM »
I actually tried one of these beauties in 2007. So regret that i didnt get it.
I feel for you man... :Blue:  :Blue:  :Blue:

Offline STT1987

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2012, 02:28:32 PM »
Doxa dive watches.

Their entire line is predominantly orange dials.

Example:

http://www.doxawatches.com/goodies.htm

Offline stone_gossard

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2012, 06:48:02 PM »
Hi bros,

Hows your hunting for orange?

I know the feeling to have the orange, PO would be nice. As for me, settled for this orange.  Seiko 5 sports sarz035 for daily hardcore usage

Offline kenixck

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2012, 03:52:41 AM »
da seiko is badass !

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2012, 03:47:18 PM »

Nice, may i know how much it cost?

Got it below RM500 new
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline Yoda

« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 02:21:46 PM »
I have'nt got an Orange yet.

My first Orange will be Doxa Professional Sub 1200T , its gorgeous.
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline ChangXia

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2012, 06:49:46 AM »
Orient Mako XL CEM75007W : )

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 08:59:58 PM by ChangXia »