Author Topic: Tennis  (Read 8019 times)

Offline Watchnewby

Tennis
« on: September 21, 2011, 12:21:37 PM »
Any MWF members active in Tennis?

Read from The Watch Lounge that tennis superstar, R. Nadal lost his US$525K tourbillon last month. Excerpts as below:

"Rumours have emerged that the highly complex Richard Mille 027 Tourbillon gifted to tennis superstar Rafael Nadal was stolen a few weeks ago at the Toronto Tournament. The timepiece (which we first wrote about here) gained worldwide fame when it was first announced that it would adorn Nadal’s wrist during every game of every tournament he played.

The $525,000 price tag didn’t hurt either.

However, it remains unclear as to whether the timepiece was actually stolen or if perhaps this is a PR stunt to renew interest in the product, as we have tracked down conflicting reports (and photos) that show Nadal wearing his favorite new timepiece at the US Open Nike Primetime Knockout Event as well as during training sessions ahead of the start of the US Open."

Latest updates from professional watch journalist Miguel Seabra who has confirmed that Nadal’s watch was stolen during the Masters 1000 Toronto event, that went from 9-15 August, and that the star athlete then played watch-less the following week at the Masters 1000 Cincinatti

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
Re: Tennis
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 03:10:56 PM »
I was active Donkey years ago, but now seal the racquet in the store room, last time active due to lovely Chic in the court.. ;D
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline genec

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 04:14:11 PM »
I play every weekend... Hehe any kaki in klang?
Yea the RM027 is one hell of a watch, it's only 20g! They did an experiment n put the watch in a pool of water, and it floats! 20g is about the weight of a lighter

I thought nadal donated his personal 27 to the "only watch" auction this year?

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2011, 08:36:03 AM »
Not sure about the donation for auction by RN.
I just played tennis (double as my friend is short of one "kaki")) last weekend after 12 years never touch the game. Game was very rusty (note played table tennis more frequently, court is smaller (table), ball is smaller but faster) but luckily each side got one good player and another weaker player.
Long time already never count the points, and we played like almost 2 hours and 15 minutes before we go for dinner.

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 12:47:05 PM »
Andy Murray clinched 3 out of 3 trophies in the Asian series.
I think he has overtaken Federer in the World ranking (no. 4 now).

Djokovic and Nadal are still the men to beat at the moment.

Offline Ted baker

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »
Semi retire tennis player...but still play 1 or 2 times a week...play in cybjaya and s alam...

Play for exercise and fun, not for tournament like last time...

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 07:37:29 AM »
Hello Ted,

At least you still played once or twice.
As for me, whenever my frens is short of 1 player, they will call me to fill in. I don't normally play tennis but Table Tennis. The strokes a re similar but using bigger rackets and balls with a wider area to cover.

The Australian Open Final was a real classic and "helluva" game. Both Djoker and Nadal fought tooth and nail before one of them emerged as Champion. Both of them deserved to be world No. #1 & #2 with their current forms.

Offline Ted baker

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 05:53:58 PM »
Yes, saw the match...classic match djoko push it to the limit, just like nadal and federer wimbledon last 2 years i guess....now nobody can touch djoko, he is n top of the form...
And next one will be andy murray i guess...perhaps andy could built up his mental strength...
Im a big fan of roger federer, like to watch his easy game, hit the ball so natural....especially backhand...he is just upgrade version of pete sampras....

Cheers all....

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 10:57:51 PM »
what a waste, i always aimed at Nadal's right hand when watching tennis with my dad

Offline vobs

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2014, 10:05:20 AM »
Always liked that wrist watch....525k  :o .... I wonder who would wear it for tennis lol

Offline mike

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2014, 12:05:26 PM »
Used to represent state back when I was in high school, now my racquet become dust collector