Author Topic: What i bought this past weekend  (Read 2703 times)

Offline takashi78

What i bought this past weekend
« on: September 14, 2009, 10:02:00 AM »
Was out with David last Sat to check out the new Tudor and 41mm Datejust models.
Looks like only the Rolex boutique in Pavilion has the stock in and not others.

Really impressed by the new 41mm Datejust but feel its too bling to wear it everywhere.

Well when ventured in the Omega boutique i bought myself this little thinggy since i was not too comfortable with my folding clasp.
An Omega buckle.
Too bad my strap seems to be just a little too wide for the buckle so everytime i put it on it kinda scratches the sides of the strap.
Dont know how long my strap will last with this rate though.
The boutique mgr already left a nice deep mark on the strap while showing me and "assuring" me it fits right and later denying it.  :-[

Oh well lucky its not too expensive a strap compared to what others have here and the buckle looks nice n shinny.

Chris,
When you gonna make me one strap with some left overs you have? hahaha :P

Offline David_cheong

Re: What i bought this past weekend
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 11:25:44 AM »
Takashi - Thanks for a good lunch and time well spend

Nice buckle review. The buckle seem a very good fit for your strap..
Yes, we went for some first hand experience on those 'new' watches (New datejust and Tudor). though not full range of new Tudor/s displayed. With the standard discount rates for 'new' Tudor/s, might as well wait for the trend to 'cool' down before making any purchases.

We met a 'good' guy at the Watatime at Sg Wang and he is kind enough to show us his wares with attractive rates. Shall be visiting him soon for future purchase (if any).

DC
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 12:22:40 PM »
Dave, you can check out Parkson's KLCC...located 1st floor (you know where right?) :) Seem to have full range of the new Tudor ;)

Cheers!
Scott

Offline takashi78

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 01:46:34 PM »
Always welcome David.

Scott,

We never seem to venture into KLCC for look see. Seems like a good chance to go now, really eager to see the white dial Tudors.
Pitty they didnt have the Grandtour non chrono models available at Pavilion.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 09:22:57 AM »
Chris,
When you gonna make me one strap with some left overs you have? hahaha :P

i bought the thickest threads, using biggest sewing needle.... to make rough thing...
looking at your collections.... i wonder my works suit your taste? never seen ppl wearing speedy, SD with rough leather strap!

We met a 'good' guy at the Watatime at Sg Wang and he is kind enough to show us his wares with attractive rates. Shall be visiting him soon for future purchase (if any).

attractive rates? can pm what sort of rates he offered? for what watches?

Offline takashi78

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 09:43:56 AM »
Haha true also i think maybe only my SD will suit the style of materials you have.
So far the fit of my SD bracelet is spot on perfect. No complaints there.