Author Topic: Pics of mixed watches, some stories and wierd subdial...  (Read 2443 times)

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Pics of mixed watches, some stories and wierd subdial...
« on: June 30, 2011, 06:01:10 PM »
Some of you might know that on April earlier this year, I went to a Mount Kinabalu climb and my uncle and his friends came down from KL for the climb.
2 days before the climb, we got together including my mom and pops for a seafood dinner and I can't help but noticing the watches my uncle and his friend is wearing.
I casually asked them about watches and it seems like they were once watch collectors but now they are into.....

Get ready for this.....

Collecting military grade flashlights!!! He gave me one... a German made flashlight... sturdily built and bright as hell...

Anyway, during the dinner, I got them to take out their watches for a group shot... including the Seamaster Aquaterra that I got for my Dad...
He actually wanted a Rolex but I could not afford one for him... or rather I will only get one for him when I myself have one....  ;D

Group shot

My uncle's Titoni watch... vintage I guess as he told me it was a gift frm my mom when he was in his early 20s... he's 50 now btw...

My uncle's friend's Oris...

Notice the discoloured subdials? Is it oxidation? I have no idea...

According to him, the colour started changing 2 months into him wearing it...
Brought back to the AD and the sales ppl came up with "it's his fault" speech and said that he will need to pay to get the dial replaced, so he just keep the watch as it is as it's still running without any problems...

Last is my Dad's Omega Seamaster Aquaterra.

Got this for my Dad as the last "pricey" watch that he had was a Raymond Weil watch which was robbed when he was descending Genting Highlands like 10 years ago!!

Oh yeah, none of them ever heard of a Damasko... and I was telling them about the watch and taking off the Nato strap and tried to scratch it with a fork.... NO MARKS AT ALL!!! they were impressed of course... and I was proud....:Laughing_on_floor:
And come to think of it... when people ask me about my Damasko, saying there's nothing special as it is powered by a "normal" 7750... I will always do the experiment in front of them...
Sort of like telling them... don't mess with my hunk of ice hardened steel... or you'll be sorry!!!  :Laughing_on_floor:

Well... that's all... Thanks for reading.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 06:10:44 PM by hanz079 »
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: Pics of mixed watches, some stories and wierd subdial...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 07:17:02 PM »

Collecting military grade flashlights!!! He gave me one... a German made flashlight... sturdily built and bright as hell...

Can I know the brand? I have a small collection as well.

Offline jonhtks

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 07:20:26 PM »
nice story bro :)

i like ur dad's omega, its simple and classy  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i really wanna try experimenting scratching ur Damasko   :Jumping: :Jumping: :Jumping: cant imagine how tough the body will be like  ;D

Offline shamtv2555

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 04:53:03 PM »
great grest

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 05:00:42 PM »
very nice mate!
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill