Author Topic: Bay Malaysia/Singapore  (Read 2300 times)

Offline AndyC

• Freshie
Bay Malaysia/Singapore
« on: April 13, 2010, 10:42:05 PM »
I was just wondering. Do any members buy watches off Bay Malaysia or Singapore? Here in the UK, Bay is huge and the watch section is really amazing. Lots of vintage stuff and modern day stuff too. I buy roughly half my watches on Bay and the other half on the local watch forums. Buying from Bay takes a bit of knowledge and experience. Buy the seller as they say and if a deal is too good to be true, it probably is. You often have an idea if a seller has some knowledge of watches or is a collector simply from their description. Terms like 'lug width' , 'hacking' , 'bead blasted' are certainly terms only a WIS uses. And never go for the "this was given as a gift by my uncle, he says it is real but I have no paperwork. This IWC starts at 99 cents!". ;D

Never been burnt yet on the bay but yet again, I am extremely cautious.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:52:00 PM by AndyC »

Offline JPSP

Re: Bay Malaysia/Singapore
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 08:50:46 AM »
don't dare to try and i prefer to meet the seller and verify the watch at svc centre...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 08:13:00 PM by JPSP »

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 09:13:26 AM »
Personally I am more comfortable to buy online when i was in UK, only reason is the delivery service, their RoyalMail service is much better then...er.. our local one... I have no issue buying watches online in UK except if i buy it outside UK, then the tax will be an issue :p

anywhere, like Andy said, buy the seller and if the price is too expensive and can get locally in store, i will prefer to buy it from the shop instead :)

Just my opinion!
scott

Online ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 09:58:45 AM »
They are 1 or 2 reputable Bay sellers in Malaysia though. One is selling lot of vintage Rolexes with very high price.
I myself did sold few watches in Bay Malaysia and all deal face to face.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:39:54 AM by scottchung1128 »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 04:38:15 PM »
Be ware of unknown seller! If go on bay, y not buy from oversea!

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 03:41:45 PM »
unless the guy can produce all paper/boxes/even verifiable serial numbers of watch, may consider dealing on the bay locally..

if not... bargepole...

Offline zuki

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2010, 09:03:17 PM »
Here in Japan, instead of Bay, buying things from Yahoo Auctions is considering as one of popular method of shopping. I got my strap from here too, and with highly controlled regulation of internet shopping in Japan, people feel safe buying online even you dont see the buyer... ;D

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 09:43:24 PM »
yeap... japan n taiwan, the yahoo and ruten is very popular