Author Topic: Strap Case..  (Read 10348 times)

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
Strap Case..
« on: May 26, 2010, 07:51:43 PM »
Just received my strap case this afternoon. Really happy with the quality and of course the price of it. it's by JnS; a local singaporean husband and wife custom strap makers.

they are clearing the stocks because apparently it's does not allow much allowances for longer straps. the longest strap i have is 140/80 and it jsut fits perfectly. try to get them while they are still in stock. really a good deal. sorry if this is considered shilling.

mods please delete if inappropriate.

Here are some crappy iphone pics. Sorry if it looks a bit yellow. my house lights are all in this shade  :laugh:

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Re: Strap Case..
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 08:27:54 PM »
cool.... a good one for pam lover who like to play with their strap!

Offline takashi78

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 08:47:29 PM »
Nice!
Always admire PAM folks with their collection of straps.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2010, 09:00:43 PM »
u are one step faster thn me...i ll collect mine on tmr :Dancing_banana:

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2010, 10:04:26 PM »
i'm still considering either to get the JnS, ted su or patrik case

anybody has a patrik case to compare?

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2010, 04:18:59 AM »
think ted su only have a travel case..and not a strap case. it's looks great but way pricey like his straps too.

also patrik cases are beautifully made. would love to have the book cases. but just that this jns case is is too good of a deal to be missed.  :Dancing_banana:

hehehh dennis... i had it done on express same day delivery. what colour did you get?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 04:24:16 AM by terrenceterrence »

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2010, 07:55:50 AM »
Nice looking leather case  :thumbsup:

long time back i've thought of getting one... but i don't think it can fit all my straps as I have more then 20 straps to be honest... yeah...was crazy about panerai last year and non-stop buying straps  :HammerHead:

end up i'm using a small tool-box to keep all my straps until today ;) cost me only MYR5 which i bought from 5Ringgit-store somewhere in town...

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2010, 08:01:20 AM »
wah can open shop di Scott  :D

think these kinda cases are jsut novelty .... not really a necessity. a nice shallow, wide table drawer with some seperators would be the best. but because of space constraints in my house... this is the best. can jsut insert into the book case.

maybe can start a thread of Pams with different straps already  :laugh:

cheers

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2010, 08:21:27 AM »
mine is black color with 'protoype' price;D , eyeing the Ted Su & Swiss Ammo stamped strap but can't action now till my vitamin M recover (spend too much $ & time on the watches this month)...scare wifey  :Scolding:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 08:28:54 AM »
so printed any of the blueprints to be hung in your house?

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 09:03:15 AM »
not yet and the effect on A3 size not so great. i will try to print in A1 size n see how e effect kinda of bz for this week...btw u havent tell me which blue print u want & wat size u prefer?

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 09:12:17 AM »
wah thanks thanks thanks i want the LUMINOR LOGO 5218-201/A (the first link) in A2 or A1(whichever u think looks best) in blueprint style. can ar?

thanks in advance

cheers

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 10:27:50 AM »
later i ll get my doc control guy to print out and see how the result... btw i m going to town this evening so u want to collect fr me? i am meeting Jason at town area to collect my strap case but actual time n venue still yet to confirm..

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 10:31:40 AM »
sure bro.... sms me we can meet up for tea later

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 10:41:15 AM »
all righ..i am knock off at 4.30pm today...thanks to the SG government's work life balance campaign "Eat with your Family" i can ULAR 1.5 hours.. :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 10:52:52 AM »
 :Laughing_on_floor: u not ordinary ular....but Anaconda!!!  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 12:29:55 PM »
Wow you guys living the good life over there eh.....haha

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 12:35:00 PM »
Wow you guys living the good life over there eh.....haha
:Laughing_on_floor: what good life?

prop prices are damn expensive. paying half a million dollars for an apt the size of our malaysian master bedroom.

cars are cheap but the maintenance, tolls, parking, insurance, depreciation rate.. would kill you.

living here is pay and pay... and pay... :Laughing_on_floor: to the government.

even old folks here can't afford to retire. whahahha

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 01:38:26 PM »
ya…agreed on this...prop price is like crazy..a HDB flat can shoot up to 700k or a million but funniest part is the car i bouht on Dec 08 at S$72k can sell at $71k now. Thanks for the appreciation of COE...  :Laughing_on_floor:

however u will quite suprise on how much I am paying for the car insurance and road tax. i am paying $3,600/yr for my car insurance and $1010/yr for the road tax…$60+/mth for the open car park… whn I was in m'sia I am paying RM600+/yr for my car insurance, RM200+/yr for e road tax and parking is FREE!! if i sold off my car i thk i can buy more watches :Laughing_on_floor:

another thg make me miss the good old day when I was work in M'sia is easily we have more thn 14 days public holiday. :thumbsup:  That is only 11 days public holiday in SG - 2 day for each race (Chinese, Malay, Indian and Guai Lou) + 1 Labour day + 1 National Day + 1 New Year…

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 02:26:15 PM »
hahha.. then.....

why not come back?

ahhahah.. i'm sure SG has other good thing attracting you guys to work there ge  :Cheers:

cheer up!! weekend is near and tomorrow is wesak day, public holiday in malaysia  :Cheers:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 02:47:56 PM »
If I were you, I would think twice on coming back. One thing I sure you can wear your time piece anywhere and anytime. in the republic

Back home, you have to choose what to wear to your place of destination. Safe environment is top priority.

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2010, 06:31:19 PM »
yeah, i guess the ppl who bought the COE when it was 1k last year must be laughing till today  :Dancing_banana:

talking about safety, early this year the wife and i were back in KL. late at night, she got to do some emergency manicure for a function the next day. the only place that was still open was this shop in PEtaling street.

we were the only customers there and the shutters were down. i was getting a foot massage while she was gettting her manicure done. when the massuer commented/complimented her on her ladies DJ, i suddenly got the jitters.

our car was parked next to the tong shui stall and it;s already midnite. the shutters were down and god knows what was waiting behind the shutters. my mind was playing tricks...guess nothing happened and i was jsut being paranoid.  :Laughing_on_floor:

but you're right... i never get those feeling wherever i go in SG unlike KL.

you see girls wearing hot pants walking all over SG no matter what time of the night and still feel safe.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2010, 07:48:48 PM »
Scott, i do plan to come back three years later as i am a Kampung Baru Boy aka "Kampung kia", i miss my kampung life n plan to move back to my kampung for simple life but my wife dnt agree on this...she like the safe & Vibrant environment here and she wanna settle down here.

David, i travel back every weekend to my kampung and some time Melaka n never afraid been nail and rob...might be i always on short n t-shirt so ppl ll thk i m wearing a fake, u know some of S'porean forum fr SG-ROC think is unsafe to wear their rollie in JB during their weekend getaway and i told them i m wearing my submariner travel to n fold on weekend for the past 2 yr but nothing happend :thumbsup:  touch wood!! :Laughing_on_floor:

Terrence, e hot pants here is really hot some time i wonder why dont just wear their panties out instead of somethg similar to it :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2010, 09:35:57 PM »
Nobody will give you a second look when wearing your rollie along the petaling st. I have seen people wearing all blings2 rollie / AP / FM and really mix into the crowds in a safe environment. Why? because the stalls nearby are selling the same stuff but of a different kind.  :Laughing_on_floor:

On the other note, staying put in sg and take up root there is a good idea. (Maybe your wife is right) :thumbsup:

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2010, 10:12:19 PM »
hmm the Sg ppl really scare of beem rob here in JB/malaysia...