Author Topic: Gold Hands  (Read 7477 times)

Offline G.MAC

Gold Hands
« on: May 18, 2010, 03:04:16 PM »
Just want to ask any seniors here whether they know where to buy the gold hands for panerai and what is the RRP for the gold hands. Interested to swap the hands of a Pam210 to the gold hands to give it the Pam232 look ;D
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline takashi78

Re: Gold Hands
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:39:49 PM »
If you want ori then back to the service center is the best way.
But not sure they will do the mod for you or not.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 03:42:08 PM »
Not really sure where can get, maybe try look around other forum like paxxxxitis.com or check with Chris(yenfoolun) or try your luck at theBay. I remember i once saw it some where online... in one of the forum's sales section... i can't remember exactly which one..

i once have that thought too but this will void the warranty i'm sure.... also, you might have to get the right size because 232 hands should be longer then 210 if i'm not mistaken...

good luck and do let us know if you got your 210 modified ;)

:Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 06:44:37 PM »
Pam210 used modified eta6497, so those gold hand on eBay that fit eta6497 n 6498 should be able to fit on ur pam! Any watchmaker can change that 2 hands for u!

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 06:48:11 PM »
No really chris, the case on 232 larger and the hand might be longer ;)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 06:58:49 PM »
But our fren wanted to put into his pam210 not 232...
And my personal experience is most bay china made gold/blue/black hands fit well with pam style case! Pam210 is 45mm, 232 is 47mm but the hands n dial not much different actually

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 11:03:49 AM »
Thank you to all the seniors here. Will try to source for gold hands for the PAM210. Will upload the pics as soon as it is done. ;D

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 11:13:05 AM »
no seniors here la mate ;) just some opinion only...

good luck in your hunting and i'm sure it's fun too  :Cheers:

enjoy!
scott

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 03:25:21 PM »
whoops, i dunno if u've found ur gold hands but i did a fair bit of searching.

most on p.com won't be able to help as only a handful did the mod, and most of them got it off ebay which isn't great quality.

i suggest you look into forums on modding watches (esp those paying hommage to panerais).

myself, i got it off a guy specializing in making panerai hommages (hint: from japan). rough cost about $30 inc shipping
i even found a guy who's selling actual gold-hands (completely made of gold).

but problem now is not so much the gold, but the lume c3 which has to match the dial.

my hands are here, but haven't found a good watchmaker to send it to. any ideas?

btw, richemont will not do the mod and advise strongly against it.

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 09:57:53 PM »
Good finding ;)

But I doubt richemont will not helping changing this for you... You will need to find a good watchmaker to do it ;) talk to chris and I'm sure he can help... Sorry chris, looks like you are the only resource I can recommend here ;)

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 11:27:26 PM »
as of now the gold hands i want to source for are out of stock. so far, a lot of my friends who are PAM kakis advised me against doing the modification. Reasons include: 1. The warranty will be voided 2. If the watchmaker is not experienced, the spring holding the hands which are delicate would break or spoil. Dont know whether it is true but since they own panerai before me, better to be safe then sorry since this is my first Pam.

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 07:58:58 AM »
as of now the gold hands i want to source for are out of stock. so far, a lot of my friends who are PAM kakis advised me against doing the modification. Reasons include: 1. The warranty will be voided 2. If the watchmaker is not experienced, the spring holding the hands which are delicate would break or spoil. Dont know whether it is true but since they own panerai before me, better to be safe then sorry since this is my first Pam.
OK, well if your watch is under warranty then don't do it cos it will void it.
as for me, my 210 is after the 2 years, so it doesn't really matter.
as for the changing the hands, being the movement is just a eta6497 modified, any competent watchmaker will be able to handle it within 15 mins or so.

as for the reward, it greatly outweighs the risk (in my opinion).
reason being, the 232 is 47mm a bit too big for me, no display caseback and nearly 3x the price
my humble 210 is 45mm, jsut nice for me, display caseback for me to drool on everyday, and with a humble pricetag

that's what i think at least :)

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 08:12:35 AM »
OK, well if your watch is under warranty then don't do it cos it will void it.
as for me, my 210 is after the 2 years, so it doesn't really matter.
as for the changing the hands, being the movement is just a eta6497 modified, any competent watchmaker will be able to handle it within 15 mins or so.

as for the reward, it greatly outweighs the risk (in my opinion).
reason being, the 232 is 47mm a bit too big for me, no display caseback and nearly 3x the price
my humble 210 is 45mm, jsut nice for me, display caseback for me to drool on everyday, and with a humble pricetag

that's what i think at least :)

Agreed!

so, in short, JUST DO IT..... ?

Offline dsiewmy

• Merchants
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 03:24:29 PM »
but of course!

anyway, have u guys seen the socal.v3 on p.com?

it's a guy with a pam 210 modified with gold hands and even did the brush effect on the case but polished bezel.
my god it's awesome.

i'm actually looking for somebody to do the same thing for me. but no luck yet :(

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 03:35:27 PM »
hahhaha...saw it! nice but i think i personally i will not go that extreme la.... hahhahaha