Author Topic: KL, Bukit Bintang anyone?  (Read 20987 times)

Offline dpkong

KL, Bukit Bintang anyone?
« on: May 21, 2013, 11:16:33 PM »

Anyone want to meet up somewhere in the Bukit Bintang area either on 3rd or 4th June? Yea, it's a weekday and probably most members are working or out of town.

Just to see if anyone wants to have a few beers and smoke (the usual dpkong...  :Laughing_on_floor: )

Offline kiamat

Re: KL, Bukit Bintang anyone?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 11:37:41 PM »

Anyone want to meet up somewhere in the Bukit Bintang area either on 3rd or 4th June? Yea, it's a weekday and probably most members are working or out of town.

Just to see if anyone wants to have a few beers and smoke (the usual dpkong...  :Laughing_on_floor: )

i am game for it.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 07:15:26 AM »
donald,
if its after work from 7pm onwards... I'll join in.. :Cheers:
here on work or to buy another watch ? ;)
if another watch, let us accompany you.... :Cheers: :Jumping:
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 08:07:08 AM »
Am ok with happy hour after 5.30pm  ;D

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 08:23:12 AM »
i am ok also.....   :D
time??
place??
Jacky Wong

Offline Jakes

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 08:28:46 AM »
Hi guys,

If the timing and location is ok, do you mind if i tagged along? i am opposite menara dion and menara KH.
I am a total newbie btw.

Jakes

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 09:28:11 AM »
Hi guys,

If the timing and location is ok, do you mind if i tagged along? i am opposite menara dion and menara KH.
I am a total newbie btw.

Jakes
Of course, most welcome.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 10:12:36 AM »
 Shd b ok...

Offline dpkong

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2013, 03:21:53 PM »

Wow.. quite a response!

Evening drinks sound good as this is a family vacation and we can drink and chat after the kids are fed and gotten rid of.... OR I can detour, and let the in-laws handle the kids so that wife and myself can start happy hour.

Oh.. the wife is targeting a new piece and if it works out with one of our sellers, maybe the handing over can be during the drink session. For myself, I'm just looking  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline sm

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2013, 04:56:31 PM »
Donald, count me in, unless it rains chocolate!

Rgds
Sm

Offline kiamat

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2013, 08:38:28 PM »

Wow.. quite a response!

Evening drinks sound good as this is a family vacation and we can drink and chat after the kids are fed and gotten rid of.... OR I can detour, and let the in-laws handle the kids so that wife and myself can start happy hour.

Oh.. the wife is targeting a new piece and if it works out with one of our sellers, maybe the handing over can be during the drink session. For myself, I'm just looking  :Laughing_on_floor:

donald are you still eyeing AP RO 15300 blue dial? last service april 2013. i did not acquire it because no box no papers.

which piece your wife is eyeing?

Offline kiamat

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2013, 08:39:06 PM »
Hi guys,

I am a total newbie btw.

Jakes

always a pleasure to meet new members  :Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2013, 08:51:48 PM »

Wow.. quite a response!

donald are you still eyeing AP RO 15300 blue dial? last service april 2013. i did not acquire it because no box no papers.

I'll take a look at the 15300 if it's still available. Wife wants a 178274, jubilee bracelet, fluted bezel with diamonds on VI. Know any ADs with deep discounts?

And since I'm on holiday, I'll let you guys pick the time and place, preferably not too far from Pavillion
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 08:53:27 PM by dpkong »

Offline kiamat

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2013, 08:59:49 PM »

Wow.. quite a response!

I'll take a look at the 15300 if it's still available. Wife wants a 178274, jubilee bracelet, fluted bezel with diamonds on VI. Know any ADs with deep discounts?

And since I'm on holiday, I'll let you guys pick the time and place, preferably not too far from Pavillion

bnib or pre-owned?

Offline kiamat

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2013, 09:06:35 PM »

Wow.. quite a response!

i have PM u the 15300.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2013, 09:17:12 PM »
4th June Tuesday...  :thumbsup:
Many of us work near Bkt bintang
Pavillion.... Within walking distance !  :Dancing_banana:

Offline kiamat

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2013, 09:24:07 PM »
4th June Tuesday...  :thumbsup:
Many of us work near Bkt bintang
Pavillion.... Within walking distance !  :Dancing_banana:

4th June is good for me.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2013, 10:44:28 PM »

178274 can be BNIB or pre-owned which depends on condition and price. Seems price between that isn't much different.

If anyone has any leads, I'd appreciate it. Can't leave KL without one...  :HammerHead:

Offline sm

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2013, 10:46:29 PM »
4 June, i echo.

Sm

Offline kiamat

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 12:42:08 AM »

178274 can be BNIB or pre-owned which depends on condition and price. Seems price between that isn't much different.

If anyone has any leads, I'd appreciate it. Can't leave KL without one...  :HammerHead:

LOL donald you wrote "Can't leave KL without one..." - you are one romantic man  :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Jakes

« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2013, 07:47:12 AM »
Thanks ck77 and kiamat.

Hope to meet up with you guys. the proposed date looks ok, provided it doesnt rain cats and dogs.
If you guys want me to suggest a nearby watering hole, i can always propose something as i am near and around the area.

Jakes

Offline dpkong

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2013, 06:49:36 PM »

As I recall, lots of watering holes at the side of Pavillion?

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2013, 09:08:37 PM »
yes.. Tom Dick & Harry, Weissbrau are 2 of the nicer ones.
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline sm

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 07:32:02 PM »
Jos

Will you lead this gtg?
A good respite after work among like-minded fellas.

Count me in!

Sm

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »
hi sm,
anyone can take the lead la..
Not that I don't want to but my time is quite uncertain as my CEO can call for meeting last minute.
I won't be able to come early anyway, most prolly after 7.00-7.30pm.