Author Topic: TAG Heuer Formula 1 Quartz  (Read 4144 times)

Offline danielfoo

TAG Heuer Formula 1 Quartz
« on: June 13, 2020, 02:04:41 PM »

TAG Heuer Formula 1 Quartz is a very sporty Swiss-made watch with impressive chronography functions measuring 0.1
second accuracy.

This watch features a Cal. 5040.D movement from Ronda (Swiss-based company specialized in quartz movement). This quartz movement is extremely accurate. On my observation, it loses approximately 0.14 second per day. Battery life in the movement lasts long at 54 months.

The Date window sits at 4 o'clock. The 3 eyes and date window symmetrically optimized the space utilization on the dial. The dial is elegantly protected by sapphire crystal, a very scratch resistant material that can commonly be seen in luxury watches.

Water resistance is up to 200 Meters. The watch comes with a screw down crown, which has gaskets that create an air tight seal when it is screwed in. This is good enough to handle raining, car washing, showering, swimming, snorkling and even leisure diving.

The bracelet material is stainless steel that has a fine-brushed surface. It has a folding clasp with double security, which makes it almost impossible for someone to try to remove it from your wrist without you noticing.

The watch comes with an international warranty card and has an unique serial number engraved at the back of the case. You can verify the unique serial number at TAG Heuer Customer Warranty website. The warranty site will display your model and the warranty period.

The green-red TAG Heuer logo (only seen on quartz model) on the dial is vividly asking for attention. When you are wearing this watch, you are not only wearing a timepiece that tell time but a watch that screams TAG Heuer branding every time you check on it.

The watch retails at RM5600. Note that there are very high quality replica in the market trading at RM3000 range. The replica quality is so fine that most people cannot tell the difference by naked eyes unless the watch is brought to TAG Heuer official service center for authenticity check.

I don't consider this as a value for money watch. Although it's a reliable Swiss quartz movement, it is not TAG Heuer in-house movement. The movement itself doesn't worth at this price point. However, the branding and design make it stand out.

https://www.tagheuer.com/my/en/timepieces/collections/tag-heuer-formula-1/43-mm-quartz/CAZ1010.BA0842.html
Please PM me if you would like to review any watches.

I'm also happy to contribute as guest author if you have a watch review blog.