Author Topic: G shock review  (Read 11441 times)

Offline johnthe692006

• Freshie
G shock review
« on: December 04, 2013, 09:04:01 PM »
I believe majority of the watch here is expensive n really worthy to be reviewed. Maybe we can review more on g shock watch series? I know it is cheaper watch but still remain worthy for review right?

Offline Yikkie

Re: G shock review
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:13:32 PM »
There are some watches reviewed here that are cheaper than some higher end G-Shock models. Why don't you start the ball rolling by sharing a review of your G-shock(s). I am a big fan of the G.

Offline RaymondT

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2013, 09:24:15 AM »
Yes , pls start the ball rolling... Big fan of g-shocks as well , been a g-shock user ever since the capsule DW came out , was sold and I'm now collecting couple gshocks and limited run I.e GXW-56 and supra  :thumbsup:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »
I also expecting it

Common gshock owner...

Offline Taga

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 07:12:25 PM »
Also a big fan of G-Shock, especially the Frogman series..
Review maybe can include some test like this:
http://youtu.be/VSaciL-tNg8

:thumbsup:

Offline johnthe692006

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 09:25:41 PM »
Ok. Ok. Wait I back home n taking some nice picture then will begin the review

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2013, 09:45:57 PM »
Ok. Ok. Wait I back home n taking some nice picture then will begin the review
:thumbsup:

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2014, 10:36:49 PM »
Yes please, a G Shock review ! :Cheers:

Offline Won Bin

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2014, 07:45:46 AM »
Agree, really rare for G-Shock watch review.

However had saw alot of G SHock fan......around the street.....

Even i try to search thru internet....also cant find any G Shock review.......
Dream list
-Rolex 6694 Full Set

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2014, 12:05:15 PM »
actually there are quite a number of review on words and videos on the net, it is easy to come by a few review gone by popular g-shock collectors like sjors "G peopleland" and "50Gs blog" inside you will find tons of pictures with almost all the g shock models ever produce by casio since the very beginning. He is said to be g shock collector with the most complete collection of g shocks.
And there's Danny handsome (yes, that's his name  ;D)  he is famous for reviewing new and rare g shock models on Utube  :thumbsup:
and many more like them  ;)

Offline Yoda

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »
My first watch was a G Shock 30 years ago.

That watch lasted for almost 15 years then I retire it. Its a very solid watch.

During the period I change the battery and the strap. At one time I change the casing due to worn out.

I remember the last seen before I give it away it was left only the casing without the outer rubber casing and strap. And its still working.

At that time I tried to source for the rubber casing but most dealers said no more stock.

Now owing to the sentimental value of that piece I have included the 30th anniversary model DW5030 in my coming Tokyo shopping list.

Its a tough watch. When the going gets tough the tough gets going.

:Cheers:
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2014, 07:49:29 PM »
Great, do G shocks justice. After all they are one of the iconic and well known watch brand. I have one and it has survived many knocks. Lived up to its name. :thumbsup:
Seiko fan.....

Offline Jimmy Wong

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 05:46:53 AM »
At least 3 (I can Remember) Highly Positioned Japanese Corporate Directors that I have met over the years wore Casio G shock. Relatively Cheap and Good. I asked one of them why not a GS or some European watch, he very poltely told me off.

Do you need a Roll or a BMW to go from Point A to Point B for daily travelling.

Since then I have a Casio and a Seiko for my out door activities and better watches for my Work.

:Cheers: :thumbsup:

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2014, 06:25:40 AM »
Me too, i wear seiko divers for my everyday work, with one dress model for formal events.
Seiko fan.....

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2014, 06:37:49 AM »
At least 3 (I can Remember) Highly Positioned Japanese Corporate Directors that I have met over the years wore Casio G shock. Relatively Cheap and Good. I asked one of them why not a GS or some European watch, he very poltely told me off.

Do you need a Roll or a BMW to go from Point A to Point B for daily travelling.
 :Cheers: :thumbsup:

They might have a point. But then perhaps we should also examine if they take really expensive sake, are members of one of those really exclusive and posh Japanese golf clubs etc. If they do, then we should ask them..."why such indulge in such expensive sake when you could just take coke or water??"    :laugh: 

Offline Aero100

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2014, 07:55:31 AM »
well.. had this topic with my fren many moons ago.

according to some of them they said "just like a car, if u drive a kancil to meet up new client, the moment they see you drive kancil chances of you sealing the deal has already gone by 40%" and similar stuff happen to picking up girls LOL

some said, look at stv jobs, he doesnt have to wear armani suits etc... he just pakai jumper, round neck etc only... so luxury watch is really not necessary.

and it continues....

dont judge a book by its cover... true or false? your call really
 :Blue:

Offline Yikkie

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 01:59:46 PM »
A luxury watch is never a necessity... as per it's namesake... It is a luxury in every meaning of the word.  Some people buy them as a status symbol and enthusiasts buy them for  their passion in horology. Either way, it is a an indulgent and never a necessity. That applies to every other categories of luxury items such as cars, hifi, whisky, furniture, etc. 

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 04:49:56 PM »
A luxury watch is never a necessity... as per it's namesake... It is a luxury in every meaning of the word.  Some people buy them as a status symbol and enthusiasts buy them for  their passion in horology. Either way, it is a an indulgent and never a necessity. That applies to every other categories of luxury items such as cars, hifi, whisky, furniture, etc. 

Makes sense.
Seiko fan.....

Offline Chipi

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2014, 03:00:42 AM »
G Shockers ...
Thinking of getting one for the outdoors.  :thumbsup:

Offline Gilthoniel

« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2014, 09:49:37 AM »
you can never have enough G-Shocks :P

Offline axaxax

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 08:54:17 PM »
got to agree with all of you.
Even with other more expensive watches in my collection, i will still find opportunity to wear my fav G-shock.

Offline wusion123

• Freshie
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2014, 08:15:28 AM »
I have many swiss made watch, but at the same time i also bought more than 6 g shock.
some high end g shock like GW-A1100 and G9400 rangemen really nice watch and worth to own 1.

Offline vobs

• Freshie
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 08:29:33 PM »
So far i had 3 g shocks and counting....my fav is the mudman with black dial....since i do alot of outdoor activities this watch does come in handy when situation gets muddy....it survived the viper challenge wjere we have to run 20km under the rain with 21 boot camp obstacles and theres no single mud trapped inside the watch after a wash. Batt lasted me 4 years....will be buying gshocks every other year if can...