Author Topic: Withings Scanwatch hybrid smartwatch  (Read 3547 times)

Offline pratz123

• Freshie
Withings Scanwatch hybrid smartwatch
« on: July 15, 2022, 05:11:15 PM »
Any other Withings fans here on MWF?

I find that the Withings Scanwatch has a very classic stylish watch face... Kinda European... Which is not surprising since it's Made In France.

Have had mine for about 3 weeks now. Like that it's not your full on smartwatch and has got some pedigree good looks. The heft is also pretty solid. Also like that it can take my ECG and some other health stuff like heart rate and blood oxygen.

Not a bad watch for under RM1.5k

How have you been rocking yours?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Offline pleasuresaurus

Re: Withings Scanwatch hybrid smartwatch
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 05:27:19 PM »
Came across Withings some time ago and thought the idea was kinda neat. having a kind of analog presentation with modern digital capability. Really like the aesthetics, reminds me of the Nomos / bauhaus kinda minimalist look.

Offline nielyee

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 08:04:58 PM »
They have some really cool different designs. The one that caught my eye was the Junghans chronoscope style watch. Now that is something I would consider.

Offline pratz123

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2022, 01:11:01 PM »
Came across Withings some time ago and thought the idea was kinda neat. having a kind of analog presentation with modern digital capability. Really like the aesthetics, reminds me of the Nomos / bauhaus kinda minimalist look.

Yes, very Nomos like with the clean and simple aesthetics. I'm quite a fan of Nomos as well. Really elegant timepieces.

Offline pratz123

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2022, 01:15:22 PM »
They have some really cool different designs. The one that caught my eye was the Junghans chronoscope style watch. Now that is something I would consider.

That's the Withings Scanwatch. Comes in a variety of options in 32mm and 42mm dials and various trims and colours. The one I've got is the 42mm black dial (as per the pics). I like that it's classy yet functional. Oh, and the battery lasts wayyyy more than any other smartwatch which is pretty cool.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2022, 04:03:41 PM »
I like the idea of wearing a smart monitoring band to collect health data and also a nice watch at the same time so I tend to avoid any device that looks like a watch.

Also, software compatibility is important and being an iOS user means the Apple Watch is the best match. I've tried other bands but some data interchange issue is always lacking.

Sometimes I do feel the Apple Watch "knows" too much but that data may be useful in case there is a problem.. can't win both ways.

This Withings branded devices are interesting and will be worth a good look though it doesn't seem like they do very much other than health monitoring.

Offline nielyee

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2022, 03:45:39 PM »

That's the Withings Scanwatch. Comes in a variety of options in 32mm and 42mm dials and various trims and colours. The one I've got is the 42mm black dial (as per the pics). I like that it's classy yet functional. Oh, and the battery lasts wayyyy more than any other smartwatch which is pretty cool.

Do you know any brick and mortar shop that we can go discover this watch in the Klang Valley? I found many online retailers, but no firm results on shops.

Offline pratz123

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2022, 04:24:32 PM »

Do you know any brick and mortar shop that we can go discover this watch in the Klang Valley? I found many online retailers, but no firm results on shops.
I'm not sure there is one. I sent them a note on FB Messenger asking about shipping to Malaysia and they don't even do that. I bought mine from a HK seller on Shopee.

Offline jf98

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2022, 10:36:56 PM »
Looks pretty good. How long does the battery last on a full charge?

Offline pratz123

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2022, 08:17:14 AM »
It's supposed to last about a month, depending on usage. I'm now using my Garmin daily so I've unpaired the Withings with my phone. It's been three weeks and the battery is at 91%

Offline pratz123

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2022, 08:17:45 AM »
It's supposed to last about a month, depending on usage. I'm now using my Garmin daily so I've unpaired the Withings with my phone. It's been three weeks and the battery is at 91%

Offline pratz123

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2022, 08:18:40 AM »

Offline bc40

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2022, 08:54:17 AM »
certainly one of the best looking smartwatches out there. i just cant find it in malaysia. tried to look for it many times

Offline Rex

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2022, 01:35:06 PM »
Very nice and cool watch and they have different unique designs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline qhy500

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2023, 01:11:39 PM »
The Withings have a great design, but do you guys find the functionality to be sufficient / useful from your day-to-day? Been thinking about getting one for the longest time