Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 4757 times)

Offline Husaini

« on: February 26, 2020, 07:07:32 PM »
Hi,

I've just join this forum & hope can rejoice same interest with ya'll. Though, I'm not yet own a swiss watch, but I'm looking to buy one soon enough (entry / mid tier level luxury). I've do a lot of reasearch & survey. But still, I need help to break the tie between this brands before I choose one of their line-up. If it's between Oris, Longines, Hamilton, Maurice Lacroix & Tag Heuer, which one are better in terms of value for the money (quality & calibre) & also resale value (if for whatever reason in future need to sell)..please help me..  ???

Offline thiamtime

Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 10:39:57 AM »
Welcome to MWC and feel free to reach out :)

Offline Walllee18

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 05:38:14 AM »
Welcome to MWC and I am new here as well. Personally, I think both Oris and Hamilton offer good value for money for entry/mid tier level watches based on what I have observed and researched. However, I think Longines have the best resale value among the brands that you have listed based on the history of the brand. Of course, it depends on the model you want to purchase for each brand.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 07:45:42 AM »
Hello fellow watch lover...welcome to the forum and I do hope you find some of the answers to your questions here. I am a watch lover too, and out of all of the brands that you have stated, I have a watch in mind from each of the brand that I love and would not sell if I buy. So in terms of value and future resale, no other brand comes into mind quite like a Rolex. I hate to say it, but there...I have. All other brands will take a hit and it’s hard to say what will be hot later and what have you. So buy what you love for now...and be prepared to take a small hit when reselling after you have worn it for a few years.

Offline Husaini

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 02:01:03 PM »
Hi guys,

Just a quick update since my last post. At last, I'd go with Oris Aquis Date blue dial. Which also they extended additional 1 year warranty...  ;D