Poll

How many luxury watches (>RM8,000) do you have?

0: still aiming for one / I am not interested in watches
2 (5.6%)
1-3: one diver, one dress, one sport (or digital, or chrono, or GMT?)
12 (33.3%)
4-7: One for every week days
7 (19.4%)
7-10: Trying to keep at / it below 10
5 (13.9%)
11-15: One from every major brands. Or more likely, Rolex sport models from every reference
4 (11.1%)
16-20: I can't stop buying
3 (8.3%)
20-30: One for every day in the month?
2 (5.6%)
>30: Please share your thoughts :)
1 (2.8%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Author Topic: How many luxury watches (>RM8,000) do you have?  (Read 5158 times)

Offline roystock

How many luxury watches (>RM8,000) do you have?
« on: December 28, 2020, 08:03:06 AM »
Hey everyone,

When I bought my Zenith Striking 10th in 2013, I thought to myself - how need more than 1x nice watch. Then again, I soon saw an used JLC Perpetual Calendar in good condition and irresistible price and shortly after, the "everyone needs a Speedy" motto kicks in. Then the rest is history.

Let's have a fun poll. The purposes are: (i) to help rationalizing and convince yourself you should buy the next watch; (ii) show to your wife / girl friend that it is perfectly normal to have xxx number of watches; and (iii) mainly, for fun.

Offline c4all

Re: How many luxury watches (>RM8,000) do you have?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 09:36:56 AM »
As someone late to the party, I only have 1 luxury watch so far. Have to slowly save up for the next big one.

Offline roystock

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 10:52:21 AM »
Hey everyone,

When I bought my Zenith Striking 10th in 2013, I thought to myself - how need more than 1x nice watch. Then again, I soon saw an used JLC Perpetual Calendar in good condition and irresistible price and shortly after, the "everyone needs a Speedy" motto kicks in. Then the rest is history.

Let's have a fun poll. The purposes are: (i) to help rationalizing and convince yourself you should buy the next watch; (ii) show to your wife / girl friend that it is perfectly normal to have xxx number of watches; and (iii) mainly, for fun.

Just to add, I can't view the poll from Tapatalk. Can only access from the website.

Offline roystock

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 10:53:20 AM »
As someone late to the party, I only have 1 luxury watch so far. Have to slowly save up for the next big one.

Never too late and your time will come, if you continue to hang out here.  ;D

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 12:53:02 PM »
The rabbit hole is too deep...MCO already bought 3...how la...

:HammerHead:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2020, 06:15:35 AM »
Do the ones we have to buy for the other half so we can buy one for ourself count as well ??

Or just the ones we can wear and not the ladies only model?

Or just what we can call our own watch?

Offline roystock

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2020, 12:22:03 PM »
Do the ones we have to buy for the other half so we can buy one for ourself count as well ??

Or just the ones we can wear and not the ladies only model?

Or just what we can call our own watch?
Good question. I also included the watches that I bought for my wife that I can also wear.

Offline IamJacky

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2020, 11:57:08 AM »
Well, I bought my first Rolex in 2012. A 116300 Datejust II white stick dial w/ smooth bezel. At the time I thought I was only ever going to just own one Rolex, how naive I was.

Having purchased the first, I grew more and more interested in Rolex, and found that the vintage Daytona 6263 extremely appealing - classic and timeless look. But it was going for around US$35-40K, that was too much for me. Then in 2016 the 116500LN came out, it so strikingly resembled the 6263 and instantly became my grail. I eventually went grey and got it. And I told myself two watches was enough.

After paying off my mortgage for my investment properties, I began to have some extra funds. And so I decided to get a Submariner to "celebrate" acquiring my Open Water diver license. I told myself 3 watches was enough.

Like others said, it's a rabbit hole that never gets too deep. The idea of "Land Sea Air" came in, then I wanted to add "colors", yada yada yada, all these reasons I made in my mind to get more watches.

I am now at 6 watches, all of them SS Rolexes and I do not plan to get any more in a long time.

Offline roystock

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2021, 12:35:16 PM »
Well, I bought my first Rolex in 2012. A 116300 Datejust II white stick dial w/ smooth bezel. At the time I thought I was only ever going to just own one Rolex, how naive I was.

Having purchased the first, I grew more and more interested in Rolex, and found that the vintage Daytona 6263 extremely appealing - classic and timeless look. But it was going for around US$35-40K, that was too much for me. Then in 2016 the 116500LN came out, it so strikingly resembled the 6263 and instantly became my grail. I eventually went grey and got it. And I told myself two watches was enough.

After paying off my mortgage for my investment properties, I began to have some extra funds. And so I decided to get a Submariner to "celebrate" acquiring my Open Water diver license. I told myself 3 watches was enough.

Like others said, it's a rabbit hole that never gets too deep. The idea of "Land Sea Air" came in, then I wanted to add "colors", yada yada yada, all these reasons I made in my mind to get more watches.

I am now at 6 watches, all of them SS Rolexes and I do not plan to get any more in a long time.

"Land, Sea, Air" I remember that mantra.  :D :D
Speaking of which, I may need to beef up my "Land" watch.  :)

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 05:44:23 AM »
What is consider land ??

Sea i suppose anything with 300mm WR
and Air would be anything for pilot?

Yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 06:31:08 AM »
What is consider land ??

Casio mudman definitely!  ;D

Offline psychoinside

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2021, 03:14:12 PM »
0. Interested to get one but my income minus commitment doesn’t allow me too buy one :(

Offline i.z.z

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2021, 06:14:03 PM »
Dive watch, racing watch, travelling watch(GMT), worldtime watch, dress watch, wedding gift watch, pilot watch, space watch, high end chronograph watch, grail watch, daily beater watch, micro brand watch, hi beat movement watch, quartz watch, the list just goes on.
Too many reasons to own more than one watch!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline Cocas

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2021, 06:08:52 PM »
Phew...look at the polls result, I am still not the worst. I should have antidote to cure. :Praying:

Offline RyanLiang

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 02:00:50 PM »
My first Rolex (Hulk) in Aug 2020.
Second one in Nov 2020.
Third one in Jan 2021.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk