Author Topic: Luxury watch brands hunger marketing strategy!  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Cocas

Luxury watch brands hunger marketing strategy!
« on: May 20, 2021, 02:48:54 PM »
Talk about the hunger strategy in marketing, Patek Philippe, Rolex are certainly one of the best!

Lately, there few common watch brands are starting using this tactic. Eg. Zenith, Tudor, ...etc.

Are they killing the gold goose?

What if all of sudden the watch enthusiasts / horologist just lose the interest for those desire watches that they cannot get?

Offline Mushroom Boy

• Freshie
Re: Luxury watch brands hunger marketing strategy!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2021, 02:57:07 PM »
Tudor is still quite easy to get unlike his elder brother Rolex.  :Dancing_banana:

Offline Cocas

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2021, 04:42:36 PM »
Tudor is still quite easy to get unlike his elder brother Rolex.  :Dancing_banana:

Yup. But if Tudor could reduce its thickness, I will jump in to get the pelagos or BB for sure.

Offline Mushroom Boy

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2021, 07:28:45 PM »

Yup. But if Tudor could reduce its thickness, I will jump in to get the pelagos or BB for sure.

Black Bay 58 is quite thin right? HAHHAHA  ;D

Offline dpkong

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2021, 07:32:59 PM »
Tudor has been innovating and trying out designs and materials to see which one strikes the hearts of enthusiast  but they won't be able to reach the level Rolex is at yet probably because they don't want to be seen as having too much Rolex DNA or because of management strategy.

Zenith has come out with a few interesting models lately compared to the years when they focus only on the open heart theme. The chronomaster sport is a very refreshing model which looks nothing like the Daytona and updates to the El Primero movement with hacking seconds. I hope to see more dial variations because not keen on the current model colours.

I believe every manufacturer will hope the demand for their watches will increase and doesn't deliberately reduce deliveries to create an artificial shortage. It's just that there are too many "investors" buying up the deliveries for resale. Just see the recent mushrooming of grey market watch dealers.

Zenith and Tudor may suffer because buyers do lose interest. See the Black Bay hype for the blue and GMT which has subsided. And I don't see any Zenith model that is hot in the market for a long period of time. The only model thus far to have created a lot of interest is the Chronomaster sport and even that will blow away really soon. The hype to put it as a Daytona killer has subsided and no one is talking about this model anymore. Only those who think they can get it at 30% off and resell at RRP are queuing for it.

Offline XuinTan

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2021, 10:01:18 PM »
Swatch is a kind company..or maybe hunger marketing don’t works for everyone

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 11:39:48 AM »
Only those who think they can get it at 30% off and resell at RRP are queuing for it.

This right here betui2 potong la really. Put me off of a number of brands, such as the obvious. I understand diversification into multiple asset classes la, but this has become ridiculous.

Anyways, it is what it is. And I suppose it opens up room for other more readily available brands to shine. Did u checkout the new Chronomaster Sport in gold? Didn't raise as much hype as the SS I suppose, but still quite a handsome piece.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2021, 03:33:37 PM »

Anyways, it is what it is. And I suppose it opens up room for other more readily available brands to shine. Did u checkout the new Chronomaster Sport in gold? Didn't raise as much hype as the SS I suppose, but still quite a handsome piece.

Beautiful piece, hope to see it in person. True not so much hype about it because entry price is higher than SS and market is narrower.

Another star is the A3817 with nicer subdial colors with the blue numbers on light grey for running seconds.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 04:14:30 PM »
But the date window eating into the tachymetre is gonna be a deal breaker for some though - some folks already complain about the 4.30 date. But it is an interesting piece no doubt.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 06:06:20 PM »
Comparing against Daytona, Zenith chronograph with date I certainly more complex and better than Rolex in term of functionality.