Author Topic: Nomos - pls share ur experience  (Read 60382 times)

Offline ebayer

• Freshie
Re: Nomos - pls share ur experience
« Reply #100 on: June 28, 2018, 02:57:11 PM »
I'm interested in Nomos but sadly couldn't find any shop that carry them.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The closest AD to us are in Singapore. I bought mine 2nd hand from a seller over there.

Offline hadi9802

• Freshie
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2018, 08:56:23 PM »
Hello to all sifus here,

I’ve been eyeing to get myself a Nomos for quite sometime too - but my quick question, where can we send the watch for service/repair since there’s no AD here in Malaysia? Back to Glashutte?

Appreciate if you could share your experience. Thanks heaps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline lee882888

• Freshie
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2018, 02:34:57 PM »
Nomos somehow it's quite a Beaty with simplicity in mind

Offline freefighter

« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2018, 08:23:55 PM »
From my research, you would have to send back to Glashutte. However, you can first reach out to Nomos via email and they will advise you on the exact address to ship it to, and also the clear procedural steps.

Hello to all sifus here,

I’ve been eyeing to get myself a Nomos for quite sometime too - but my quick question, where can we send the watch for service/repair since there’s no AD here in Malaysia? Back to Glashutte?

Offline hadi9802

• Freshie
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2019, 12:10:19 AM »
Thanks for the advice!

Really enjoy wearing it now.

From my research, you would have to send back to Glashutte. However, you can first reach out to Nomos via email and they will advise you on the exact address to ship it to, and also the clear procedural steps.

Hello to all sifus here,

Offline 2Dragon

• Freshie
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2019, 03:56:15 PM »
I love Nomos. Excellent brand.
I will get one will day.

Offline jaushiarn91

• Freshie
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2019, 08:53:30 PM »
Strong German and Bauhaus DNA. But the price is getting crazier compared to 10 years ago. Almost doubled.  :Confused:
The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time

Offline cooper28

« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2019, 09:44:44 PM »
Nomos is great. I have Ahoi but I don’t like the original strap, easy damaged

Offline Tea8

« Reply #108 on: June 22, 2019, 10:30:40 AM »
Sorry bro, it’s too much over orice

Offline WatchMaster

« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2019, 06:10:17 PM »

Have been looking at Nomos for a while now.

From online reviews the watches seemed to be very good quality.

Aesthetics wise they are gorgeous  :D :D :D wish i can get one soon.

Pricing a little on the high side, 

Offline tention

« Reply #110 on: June 30, 2020, 12:27:23 PM »
My Orion Neomatik says Hi!

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 12:41:34 PM by tention »

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #111 on: October 05, 2020, 12:12:56 PM »
Considering acquiring a Nomos to add to my collection, but am undecided between the tangente, orion and ludwig. Keen on having the blue hands, but can't seem to make up my mind about the dial and markers - they all look attractive :laugh:

Offline wkwk92

• Freshie
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2022, 04:56:13 PM »
Good news people, we can finally get our hand on Nomos easier. Just spotted it started selling in Watches of Switzerland the garden!

Offline wkwk92

• Freshie
« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2022, 04:59:31 PM »
I would really want to get a square / rectangle watch.  Considering between a tetra or Cartier tank. My wrist size is somewhere 6.2 inch. Could really use recommendation or suggestions!

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #114 on: April 14, 2022, 01:23:43 PM »
Excellent choices, both. The aesthetics are fairly distinct, so I reckon it would depend if u like the clean Bauhaus starkness or the more genteel Tank. Also, depending on the model of the Tank, ur looking at rather different price points. No reverso in ur consideration though?

Offline wkwk92

• Freshie
« Reply #115 on: April 14, 2022, 02:16:34 PM »
That’s a really good point, both of the mentioned are actually entirely different feel and design language, on wrist it just never a Apple to Apple comparison.

I am looking into the tank must L size. It does click a lot with me on the dial design, overall dimension and sizing, loooks very understated though.

Tried my hand on reverso. Enjoyed the dual face than the mono face for some reason, proabbly the thickness and the design on the reverso clicks with me better on the dual face - unfortunately that’s a differnt price range overall from what I wanted to spend on currently.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #116 on: April 14, 2022, 06:39:17 PM »
Yeah I get what u mean, different price point di that reverso. Both watches are understated I'd  say, both from brand name and looks standpoint, especially so because they are not typically as well known as the usual suspects. Personally I prefer the Tetra - Nomos design language has always been interesting to me. And I've always been partial to German watches somehow. Good luck on the hunt and don't forget wristshots later!

Offline wkwk92

• Freshie
« Reply #117 on: April 15, 2022, 08:58:13 AM »
Yeah I get what u mean, different price point di that reverso. Both watches are understated I'd  say, both from brand name and looks standpoint, especially so because they are not typically as well known as the usual suspects. Personally I prefer the Tetra - Nomos design language has always been interesting to me. And I've always been partial to German watches somehow. Good luck on the hunt and don't forget wristshots later!

Agree with the point on Nomos's design, its just very unique and standardized across all of the their series. Something that i would really want to own one (tried tetra and club, both looks amazing). I will keep everyone posted on this  ;) ;)

Offline The Middle Man

• Freshie
« Reply #118 on: April 29, 2022, 02:04:39 PM »
Nomos is great, but the strap quality is just so so only.....

Offline DonFlamingo

• Freshie
« Reply #119 on: June 06, 2022, 09:34:10 AM »
I actually heard about Nomos from the legendary Philippe Dufour on a hodinkee interview. It's one of the top 3 brands he recommends, other two being Rolex & Lange

Offline hong999

• Freshie
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2022, 06:44:06 PM »
Used to own 1 Nomos Ludwig , Bauhaus like feeling and very slim watch, very suitable for my small wrist.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2022, 11:08:11 AM »
Used to own 1 Nomos Ludwig , Bauhaus like feeling and very slim watch, very suitable for my small wrist.

The lugs on those seem rather long, do u find that there's a bit of overhang ka on the wrist, or was it negligible?

Offline hong999

• Freshie
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2022, 04:18:06 PM »

The lugs on those seem rather long, do u find that there's a bit of overhang ka on the wrist, or was it negligible?

No I dont, I prefer to wear the watch close to my wrist, not swinging around. My wrist size is 16mm.

Offline qhy500

• Freshie
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2023, 01:04:37 PM »
Not sure anyone is still interested, but there's finally an AD in Msia selling NOMOS now. Saw a shop in Gardens the other day that's carrying the brand.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2023, 10:05:34 AM »
Yeah the Gardens outlet is quite nice, they have a decent selection to try out on. Which is actually a really good thing because now I know their huge ass lug-to-lug measurement is for real!  :Laughing_on_floor:

They had this really sweet neomatik piece with an arabic (like, literally!) numerals that was very tempting.