Author Topic: Why Rolex?  (Read 2381 times)

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Why Rolex?
« on: May 14, 2011, 06:56:24 PM »
Well an interesting post on the military forum on what makes a Rolex a Rolex....

http://www.mwrforum.net/forums/showthread.php?t=42581

Mods, please delete if not appropriate.

Offline Manburg

Re: Why Rolex?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2011, 04:49:29 PM »
Hobbit, thanks for sharing. It is a well known fact that any soldier (not sure whether Allied or only the Brits) whose Rolex was confiscated whilst becoming a POW during WWII was replaced by Rolex.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2011, 05:05:06 PM »
Its interesting for me as Hans Wilsdorf is German and he sells watches to British POW (officers) in German prison camps. And it is believed that this started because of the fact that RAF officers who were captured had their Rolex confiscated.

Offline Manburg

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 05:18:23 PM »
Though he's born in German, he moved to London when he's 24 and set up the company that was to be Rolex there. I guess that's where his allegiance was.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” BILL SHANKLY

Offline rusminag

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 05:28:39 PM »
For me, I stop collecting other brands and focus on preowned Rolex sports line.... If we play it right, it will be a great investment...
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex