Author Topic: Sharing of Disappointed personal experience on online purchase watch  (Read 3175 times)

Offline yckool

Hi all,

I would like to share this experience that happened to me with everyone especially to those who purchase watch online. 

Recently, I've purchased Casio Sheen SHN-5000D-7AV online. A watch that I've been looking up & down as it's practically not available in the market now. Before I purchased, I confirmed with the seller through email that this watch is still available. Happily, I took the risk to purchase it even though that was the 1st time I came across the website. It's not the established merchant that we know.

I waited for a week, finally it arrived. The worst thing that will happen to a seller has happened, the watch that I received is completely different than what I ordered. They've sent me this watch SHN-5000SPP-7AV instead.

I quickly took picture of the watch I received, sent the seller an email. Then, she replied that she'll check with the factory.

The 2nd day, she replied saying indeed what they sent me is SHN-5000D-7AV, is just that the 1 that I want is without diamond & they've sent me with diamond. I'm so speechless when I see the reply. Then she told me, they have the 1 without diamond & she show me the photo of SHN-5000BP-7AV. Again, saying that it's the same model that I want!

I'm so amazed that a watch seller can actually told me a model number has 3 different designs. I guess she don't know that I know each watch has it's own model number.

Finally, she confirmed the watch that I is no longer avaialable & asked me to send back the item to China. They'll do the refund one they received the item. Luckily I make the payment through PayPal, I opened a dispute with them. The next thing I know, the seller told me the factory has refunded my payment to PayPal. PayPal will refund to me once they confirmed the shipment has delivered to them.

This incident has really reduced my confidence level of purchase watch online from a non established merchant. I have to waste my time & effort dealing with them, waste the shipping fees to ship back the item to them.

I've been purchased watch from others established merchant & the transaction was good. 

I'm not sure if I can share the link of the website in this forum, but if you want to know. Please contact me.

Offline GMTmaster

Seems like pay pal is the way to go, bro.  :police: :thumbsup:

Offline tonykpk

Hi all,

I would like to share this experience that happened to me with everyone especially to those who purchase watch online. 

Recently, I've purchased Casio Sheen SHN-5000D-7AV online. A watch that I've been looking up & down as it's practically not available in the market now. Before I purchased, I confirmed with the seller through email that this watch is still available. Happily, I took the risk to purchase it even though that was the 1st time I came across the website. It's not the established merchant that we know.

I waited for a week, finally it arrived. The worst thing that will happen to a seller has happened, the watch that I received is completely different than what I ordered. They've sent me this watch SHN-5000SPP-7AV instead.

I quickly took picture of the watch I received, sent the seller an email. Then, she replied that she'll check with the factory.

The 2nd day, she replied saying indeed what they sent me is SHN-5000D-7AV, is just that the 1 that I want is without diamond & they've sent me with diamond. I'm so speechless when I see the reply. Then she told me, they have the 1 without diamond & she show me the photo of SHN-5000BP-7AV. Again, saying that it's the same model that I want!

I'm so amazed that a watch seller can actually told me a model number has 3 different designs. I guess she don't know that I know each watch has it's own model number.

Finally, she confirmed the watch that I is no longer avaialable & asked me to send back the item to China. They'll do the refund one they received the item. Luckily I make the payment through PayPal, I opened a dispute with them. The next thing I know, the seller told me the factory has refunded my payment to PayPal. PayPal will refund to me once they confirmed the shipment has delivered to them.

This incident has really reduced my confidence level of purchase watch online from a non established merchant. I have to waste my time & effort dealing with them, waste the shipping fees to ship back the item to them.

I've been purchased watch from others established merchant & the transaction was good. 

I'm not sure if I can share the link of the website in this forum, but if you want to know. Please contact me.
Cheer up Yc,another case i heard of is a guy who  received the watch box minus the watch..

Offline Scuderianer0

my gf had a similar experience when she bought a handbag from an online merchant from Indonesia.
the seller sent her a blue one instead of a red one.
ended up needing to ship it back to her and wait for the red one to arrive,

thankfully it did finally arrived and the seller also western union the shipping fees back to her. 

Offline wrighen

Re: Sharing of Disappointed personal experience on online purchase watch
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 07:32:59 AM »
my frens and I buy our watches online from USA sites, thru a personal shopper.
so far, excellent service n products are as we expect.
I think its important you locate the watch from official online stores, then ask the personal shopper to buy/ship to you.
this way, no hassle.
we dont like to give out our credit card details)
also many USA merchants dont ship to malaysia
my frens n I  combine our purchases to enjoy FREE US shipping!