Author Topic: Richard Mille RM 051 Phœnix Michelle Yeoh  (Read 2852 times)

Offline Watchnewby

Richard Mille RM 051 Phœnix Michelle Yeoh
« on: September 21, 2011, 12:09:15 PM »
Read from this link on the above : the official Richard Mille website: www.richardmille.com

"Collaborations are common-place across the luxury industry, and the exclusive world of high-end watch-making is no exception. Admittedly these partnerships are not always successful and the end result sometimes lack-luster at best. Sometimes though things just fall into place and two exceptional individuals come together to create something truly breathtaking, something that makes us say ‘wow’. In this case, those two individuals are watch-maker Richard Mille and actress Michelle Yeoh and the product of their union is the gorgeous RM 051 Phœnix Michelle Yeoh.
The Collaboration
Mille and Yeoh were first introduced through Yeoh’s partner, FIA President Jean Todt, and apparently developed a friendship through their mutual love for high-end timepieces. ..Probably best known for her roles in Tomorrow Never Dies and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Yeoh has spent most of her adult life within the world of creative arts in one form or another and reportedly impressed Mille with her artistic talents and innate knowledge and understanding of women’s tastes. So much so that he invited her to design a women’s watch for him

Using the RM 026 as a base the trade-mark, the case has again been covered almost entirely with diamonds (literally). This time though, instead of two brightly covered serpents snaking their way across the movement, the dial features the striking outline of a Phoenix adorned in diamonds spreading its wings across the dial. According to Chinese legend, the phoenix (or Feng-Huang) was the Empress’s emblem and known for being the kindest of birds. It has always been seen as a symbol of grace, feminine beauty and strength in Asian cultures, with the body of the phoenix representing the five human qualities: its head, virtue; its wings, duty; its back, justice; its chest, goodwill and its belly, reliability.

As with the RM 026 the RM 051 is powered by a manual winding tourbillon movement displaying hours, minutes and power reserve. It is offered in a limited edition of 18 unique pieces in 18k white gold, 18K red gold as well as titanium gem-set case and as the old adage goes, if you have to ask how much you probably shouldn’t be asking at all.

The Final Word
From a technical standpoint the RM 051 Phœnix Michelle Yeoh is undoubtedly an exceptionally well-made timepiece offering a refreshing level of complexity seldom seen in ladies timepieces. That being said I think it is fair to say that this piece really has been designed as a high-end jewelery piece and therefore should be evaluated and appreciated as such. Some may argue that this is just another RM 026 with a different design on the dial and they would probably be right however for me this is about artistic expression and I personally think that Yeoh has created something truly beautiful.
Of course only you can judge for yourself.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
Re: Richard Mille RM 051 Phœnix Michelle Yeoh
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 12:46:47 PM »
perhaps the first malaysian to be associated with reputable watch maker as such ??
i remember a local celeb was featured as model for omega a few years back but limited to local advert...? yes?

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:57:41 AM »
perhaps the first malaysian to be associated with reputable watch maker as such ??
i remember a local celeb was featured as model for omega a few years back but limited to local advert...? yes?

Ya, that too.
You are right in saying the first Malaysian celebrity to be associated with a reputable watchmaker. I could not think of any other earlier local celebs. who is involeved with any of the famous watch brands.

Cheers.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 11:20:57 AM »
She was with AP last time.... not sure appointed but always see her attending AP ceremony...