Visit Malaysia Watch Forum's online store for luxury watches and fine timepieces.

Author Topic: FS: Seiko Prospex SBDX013 (Emperor Tuna)  (Read 3888 times)

Offline bryanL

FS: Seiko Prospex SBDX013 (Emperor Tuna)
« on: August 06, 2020, 02:32:21 PM »
Dear fellow Watch Enthusiast, 

I have a gem here to let go which needs no introduction. The Top Echelon Seiko Tuna SBDX 013 1000m – aka The Emperor Tuna here was released alongside the SBDX014 (Gold plated) Emperor Tuna 1000m and the SBDB013 Spring drive tuna 600m in 2015. Among the three, the SBDX 013 here wears much more rugged than its siblings thanks to the black CERAMIC bezel, black TITANIUM case, and black STEEL bezel insert which sits beneath another layer of FROSTED MATT layer for protection and an INTEGRATED large triangle diving lume pip. 

What’s more interesting is that the SBDX 013 has the famed MARINEMASTER monocoque case, which milled from one-piece-titanium block to this front-loading watch case, hence the absence of a case back. Combined with Seiko’s patented L shaped gasket seal & a thick crystal, this watch is rated to a whopping 1000m depth rating, all without a Helium Escape Valve. You read it right. 

The watch hands are blackened on the rear end to increase contrast, visibility and legibility to tell time. Hour hand shape matches the shape of 12 Oclock marker which in overall it feels like the hour, min, and sec hands are floating to tell you the time. All these under an anti-fog crystal with Seiko’s own formula of Anti-reflective coating on the underside of the SAPPHIRE crystal. 

While recent Higher End Prospex release has the LOVE-OR-HATE “PX” on the dial, this emperor tuna features the super well received and satisfying “MARINEMASTER” wording on the dial. If you dig that PX logo, flip it to the side and you’ll be greeted with the PX signed crown. 

Back to the dial, and probably the most interesting part if you are a LUME FREAK like me, and you will be celebrating with JOY when you know that the famed LUMIBRITE applied here on Markers & Hands and Lume pip are applied with Seiko’s NEW LUMIBRITE formula, which glows brighter and 60% longer than in the past ! We all know that Lumibrite is intense. But trust me. Not all are created equal. This is the King. 

Underneath the crystal and dial sits the High End Seiko 8L35 movement, or rather the undecorated Grand Seiko movement with the rated accuracy of +15-10 seconds per day. However, I’ve timed this piece daily since the day I got it, and the accuracy was +1 to +1.8 seconds per day (Please refer to attached timing result – From an APP).

This sale comes with a full set (box, hand tag and warranty card dated 1st August 2020). Watch bought from Seiko AD in Malaysia, not grey market or unauthorised dealer. Thus almost a full year official warranty left on this piece! Reason of letting go - to make space for another incoming watch. Till date, I only took it out of the box, took pictures with it and wore it for a couple of hours indoors. Thus you're basically getting like new in a box watch (condition 9.9/10) with a fraction of the price. RRP is JPY 378000 (roughly RM 14800) with a minimal discount 15% given by AD. 

My asking price is RM 9500 (a no brainer price for its condition). Please do not hesitate to call/sms/whatsapp me @ 0168558894 (Bryan). COD or bank transfer at Nilai/Kuala Lumpur area. Insured postage can be arranged. 

There goes my short personal review of this Emperor Tuna and here are some stats for your reference:

Brand – Seiko, Japan

Movement - Caliber 8L35. Seiko 26-Jewel Automatic.

Accuracy range - -10/+15 seconds per day. [This unit was tested to +1 to +1.8 seconds per day]

Dial - Matte black

Luminous – New Seiko Lumibrite formula – 60% longer lasting

Case - Titanium case with super-hard coating and ceramics

Crown type – Screw-down. Signed Crown

Lug width - 22mm

Crystal material - Sapphire with anti-fogging

Strap - Rubber

Water resistance - 1000m. ISO certified.

Do enjoy the following pictures of the real watch. 

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Offline bryanL

Re: FS: Seiko Prospex SBDX013 (Emperor Tuna)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 07:26:58 PM »
SOLD! Tq MWF