Author Topic: My Small Collection  (Read 11187 times)

Offline Taga

My Small Collection
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:34:10 AM »
Hi guys,

I am new here, and would like to introduce myself further thru the watches that I owned currently. Nothing to shout and brag, they are not over the top, high end watch, but just want to share with all of you.

Many many years ago, I bought this Victorinox Swiss Army Excursion model. At that time, I am into analog-digital watch, and still naïve about the watch movement and not even know the difference between quartz, automatic, mechanical.. etc.This is my first watch I bought with my very first salary after graduate. Being an avid angler and outdoor person, this watch has been with me through so many tough weather conditions, and still alive and ticking.

…with my beloved and reliable fishing reel - a complete set for toman hunting!

After a few years, I bought my first ‘luxury’ watch (luxury is subjective – depend on what you earn at that point of time). Tag Heuer Kirium F1 – still into analog-digital watch and because of its clean dial and simplicity and mainly because David Coulthard was wearing it ;).

...with the digital display and backlight on.

Still into Formula 1, and decided to buy a digital watch - Tag Heuer Microtimer.

Then I bought this Omega Bond SMP300. Always wanted this piece since I watched Pierce Brosnon in Goldeneye, back in 1994 firing laser from the He crown. Bought the quartz one, because don’t have enough fund for the co-axial version.

After that, bought this Omega Speedy Date with silver dial for dress watch. Change the steel bracelet to leather band. Cost me the bomb when I changed it at Omega boutique.

Then, decided to buy a Ball – bought this Ball Fireman II.

And then, came along this Omega Speedy Pro ‘From the Moon to Mars’ edition. Really love this piece.

After years owning “Swiss Army” watch and after my ‘tabung ayam’ already full, I think now it’s time for me to own “Italian Navy” watch - PAM111 with an aftermarket soft leather strap.

Thank you for reading.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 11:38:38 AM by Taga »

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
Re: My Small Collection
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 12:21:28 PM »
Awesome collection~  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:27:01 PM »
Versatile collection.
Why don't get a family shot?  :D
 :Cheers:

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 12:29:31 PM »
very impressive collection!
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 12:32:08 PM »
Nice... slowly moving up the food chain.
So, care to share your next target?  :Cheers:
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline Taga

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »
Versatile collection.
Why don't get a family shot?  :D
 :Cheers:

Here's a family shot - together with my wife's Tag Heuer F1 Ceramics, Tag Heuer Alter Ego & Aigner and my 6 years old daughter's Adidas & Swatch Flik-Flak Disney. My Ball Fireman II not in the picture because my daughter took it out to give space to her new Adidas watch  :'(

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
haha look like you need another bigger box  ;D

Offline swleong

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 02:43:01 PM »
What a journey, I own the same Tag Heuer Formula 1 Kirium as well, stil loving it for its simplicity  :Cheers:

Offline wristsolution

• Merchants
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 02:44:23 PM »
the silver dial speedy date and fireman II look yummy!

btw nice collection. ;)

Visit my Sales Thread here for nylon watch straps and RIOS 1931 leather straps: http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/board,35.0.html

Offline Taga

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 03:28:56 PM »

Thanks.
Due to my interest in versatility, my next target won't be according to the movement - in-house, ETA, etc... For me, I partly consider watch as part of my accessories, that will go nicely and matching whatever shirts, shoes and shades I am wearing. I wear a different watch every single day, so I want watch that different from what I own right now.  So, my next target will be sort according to the color..  ;) ;) ;D

1) Orange - Omega PO with orange bezel
2) Red - Bell & Ross BR01-92 Red Radar
3) Green - Rolex Milgauss GV with green sapphire
4) All Black - Radiomir Black Ceramic - PAM292

So, working and saving hard right now to own at least 2 out of these 4 by end of 2013. Hopefully, I can resurrect this thread by the photo of my next target by end of next year. :Praying: :Praying: :Praying:

Offline azzamov

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »
Superb collection you have there!  :thumbsup:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 06:16:57 PM »
Very nice collection though I would say bigger watches fit your wrist better especially that Pam with the nice strap.

Offline kaka23

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 08:28:50 PM »
Interesting... I like the moon to mars speedy!

Offline ganaz

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 11:19:43 PM »

Thanks.
Due to my interest in versatility, my next target won't be according to the movement - in-house, ETA, etc... For me, I partly consider watch as part of my accessories, that will go nicely and matching whatever shirts, shoes and shades I am wearing. I wear a different watch every single day, so I want watch that different from what I own right now.  So, my next target will be sort according to the color..  ;) ;) ;D

1) Orange - Omega PO with orange bezel
2) Red - Bell & Ross BR01-92 Red Radar
3) Green - Rolex Milgauss GV with green sapphire
4) All Black - Radiomir Black Ceramic - PAM292

So, working and saving hard right now to own at least 2 out of these 4 by end of 2013. Hopefully, I can resurrect this thread by the photo of my next target by end of next year. :Praying: :Praying: :Praying:

:thumbsup:awesome collection...  don't forget to allocate budget for a new box  :P
the PAM 292 is also on my wishlist.... it was love at first sight!

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 08:27:48 AM »
interesting collection bro......
like ur tag mikrotimer..... :thumbsup:
Jacky Wong

Offline jason_loh

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »
Nice journey. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Taga

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 02:56:32 PM »
Been searching and drooling for this one for quite sometime. Finally, she arrived right before Hari Raya. So, celebrating Hari Raya with this new watch  :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Also, adding these 2 to the family:

With these purchases, I think I'll wrapped up the year 2013 for new watch purchase. No more watch this year!!  :Praying: :Praying: :Praying:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 08:26:40 PM »

Quite a Tag fan eh? Nice!

Offline karpin

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2013, 06:41:57 PM »
Drolllllll :Cheers:

Offline GMTmaster

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »
Been searching and drooling for this one for quite sometime. Finally, she arrived right before Hari Raya. So, celebrating Hari Raya with this new watch  :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Taga, although having the Blue Titanium PO, I still miss the Black Stainless Steel PO. Very classic looking. Love the grey bezel and everything else...  :thumbsup:

Offline Taga

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2013, 08:40:41 PM »
GMTmaster,
I was also torn between SS and Ti. Somehow, I picked the SS even though I also love the look of the blue on Ti. I wish I have fund to buy both. For now, I just can only put the blue Ti in my wishlist, and browse the pictures over the net to feast my eyes..

As for the SS, I have no regret buying it and love each and every part of it!

The best moment when the morning light shine on the dial...

Offline B747-4H6

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2013, 03:13:06 PM »
I want your PO?

Offline GMTmaster

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2013, 04:18:35 PM »
Quote from: Taga link=topic=7344.msg94840#msg94840date=1379428841
GMTmaster,
I was also torn between SS and Ti. Somehow, I picked the SS even though I also love the look of the blue on Ti. I wish I have fund to buy both. For now, I just can only put the blue Ti in my wishlist, and browse the pictures over the net to feast my eyes..

A lot of people compare PO to Rolex Sub.. I personally feel PO has a different class compared to Rolex Sub. It feels more youthful. At the same time not losing its class. The two arrow pointers are my favourites. Stand out the most compared to others. :thumbsup:

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2013, 01:13:58 PM »
GMTmaster,

What a lovely watch...and a lovely collection and story from the OP. Thank you all for sharing your lovely timepieces. Keep the pictures and the poison coming  :Cheers:

DC

Offline Apac959

• Freshie
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 07:13:46 AM »
U hav good collections of watch. Esp the tag!! Thanks fo sharingg nice to see ur colections