Author Topic: Share your experience on your Casio G Shock service with Marco  (Read 15966 times)

Offline Timeless

Re: Share your experience on your Casio G Shock service with Marco
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 08:29:25 AM »
did the battery replacement and lcd cleaning services, it was done smoothly within expected time frame. consider lucky I guess

Offline firefly96

« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2019, 02:25:46 PM »

Please share your experience on your Casio G Shock service with Marco. Like to see if my case is an isolated case.

Like to share my experience about Marco. They do not have capable technician and all the AD could not support a simple battery change.
My son's G Shock ran out of battery and i approach the AD they said all G Shock battery change must be sent back to HQ i.e Marco.
So i did that when i sent in the techinician said need to change entire movement. That give me a shock more the G SHOCK  :Startled:
The watch is only 3 years old. Told me the change of movement is equivalent to the cost of the watch when he quoted me.
I told him its not an old watch why need to change movement. Claimed that even if change battery of no use.
I told the counter staff Forget It.
Subsequently on my trip to Japan i took the watch and try my luck if Yodobashi in Tokyo which i visited can change the battery. Well just a 20min wait all done up. The watch has been running for a year already without problems.
Perhaps Marco really have no qualified technician or perhaps they are given high KPIs to change movement. So my impression is Marco tak boleh lah

Today I just received a call from their representative from Marco telling me that my so call military grade MUdmaster module its faulty that is why time its off by 10's of minutes slow....to replace that module will cost me about 900+....My mudmaster its only 3 years old.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:29:14 PM by firefly96 »

Offline mwfchai

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2019, 06:28:21 PM »

Please share your experience on your Casio G Shock service with Marco. Like to see if my case is an isolated case.

Like to share my experience about Marco. They do not have capable technician and all the AD could not support a simple battery change.
My son's G Shock ran out of battery and i approach the AD they said all G Shock battery change must be sent back to HQ i.e Marco.
So i did that when i sent in the techinician said need to change entire movement. That give me a shock more the G SHOCK  :Startled:
The watch is only 3 years old. Told me the change of movement is equivalent to the cost of the watch when he quoted me.
I told him its not an old watch why need to change movement. Claimed that even if change battery of no use.
I told the counter staff Forget It.
Subsequently on my trip to Japan i took the watch and try my luck if Yodobashi in Tokyo which i visited can change the battery. Well just a 20min wait all done up. The watch has been running for a year already without problems.
Perhaps Marco really have no qualified technician or perhaps they are given high KPIs to change movement. So my impression is Marco tak boleh lah

Today I just received a call from their representative from Marco telling me that my so call military grade MUdmaster module its faulty that is why time its off by 10's of minutes slow....to replace that module will cost me about 900+....My mudmaster its only 3 years old.
Ah.....thts why i never buy gshock since my last one died.....my experience was in this thread as well....i would say..go for the basic low end digital.....not analog-digi or solar complications.or gps or bluetooth.........the really basic digital gshock.....at least not so sakit hati

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Offline Yoda

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2022, 09:33:44 AM »
Just an update my son's G shock the last was changed of its battery in Japan store. After several years run of out battery and left in the box. Yesterday watched the youtube and managed to changed the battery and adjusted the time correctly.

I guess I can set up a store outside the Marco service center now. :)
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2022, 12:38:03 PM »
The integrity of the WR seals how aa bro, will still maintain?

Offline Yoda

« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2022, 12:47:10 PM »
Bro if you send your quartz watch to most shops they wont check the WR integrity after installing the new batteries. So it a norm that no testing of WR integrity :) follow the industry practice.

But for my case I fill up generous silicon gel on the gasket, hope that the WR still intact. ;D
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda