Author Topic: New member reporting in  (Read 4829 times)

Offline c4all

New member reporting in
« on: September 05, 2020, 07:21:49 PM »
Hi all,

Was introduced to this forum by a senior member after a work meeting. I am quite new to the world of watches and only have one piece which is the Rolex Submariner 114060. I started to wear a watch after my friend loaned me a Seiko 5 and I got used to having a timepiece on my wrist. I hope to learn from all here and hope to grow my collection. Tentatively I am eyeing an Omega Speedmaster Pro as my next watch but the recent pandemic may slow down my plans of acquiring one.

Offline bulletnos

Re: New member reporting in
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 09:39:02 PM »
That's a darn good solo piece though... have one myself. Welcome!

Offline samuelk

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 06:21:08 AM »
Welcome and be active here. Love to see some pics  :thumbsup:

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 09:49:02 AM »
Warm hearty welcome to you. And you are so lucky to have an iconic watch to start with. The Omega speedy pro is the next obvious choice and maybe a dress watch along the way to “complete” your collection. Although we all know that there is no such thing as a collection that is complete...LOL

Offline Conscript

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 09:53:50 AM »
Welcome  :Cheers:

Offline c4all

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 11:40:19 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome. I posted a photo of my submariner in the WRUW post. Will have to read on what style exactly is a dress watch to decide what watch I should get.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2020, 06:24:45 PM »
Thank you for the warm welcome. I posted a photo of my submariner in the WRUW post. Will have to read on what style exactly is a dress watch to decide what watch I should get.

Never go wrong with a Datejust with fluted bezel and jubilee bracelet with a bit of yellow gold.