Author Topic: i'm now into watches..:)  (Read 4140 times)

Offline rayyanharris

• Freshie
i'm now into watches..:)
« on: June 06, 2011, 09:14:21 PM »
hi guys,

new to watch collecting, turning 30 next year. i have always had an interest in high end watches such as IWC, OMEGA, Graham, etc. not really a rolex fan but i quite like diver watches and pilot watches. through venturing through forums i recently found out of the existence of pre owned shops and nowdays u can buy watches by installments interest free making my luxury brands more accessible. i really love the omega seamaster planet ocean with the orange bezel. hopefully if i do well in my career in life insurance i'll be able to buy it soon.

nice to meet all of you.

Offline Scott C.

Re: i'm now into watches..:)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 10:02:41 PM »
Welcome and enjoy your stay here ;)

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 06:24:16 AM »
welcome to the club!

Offline takashi78

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 06:53:27 AM »
Welcome to the forum!

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 08:33:14 AM »
welcome to the forum. Any current collection to show? ;D
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline rayyanharris

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 12:44:40 AM »
dear all,

thank you for the warm welcome. nah i dont have a collection yet to share the only watch 1 have now is a 2007 tag heuer indy 500. this wrist of mine has been wearing imitation watches for years which were given to me not bought..now i've decided there is more satisfaction in earning a genuine watch rather than faking it with an imitation.

cheers

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 06:12:51 AM »
dear all,

thank you for the warm welcome. nah i dont have a collection yet to share the only watch 1 have now is a 2007 tag heuer indy 500. this wrist of mine has been wearing imitation watches for years which were given to me not bought..now i've decided there is more satisfaction in earning a genuine watch rather than faking it with an imitation.

cheers

perhaps you can tell the person who gave the watches to you that you prefer genuine stuff now :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline rayyanharris

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 08:57:15 AM »
dear all,

cheers

perhaps you can tell the person who gave the watches to you that you prefer genuine stuff now :Laughing_on_floor:

hahahhaaha i tell him all the time now. now he's asking me to get him a good watch. i think the next watch on my list is the Sinn U1 i see a lot of forummers either having it for awhile then letting go or some keep it as a part of their rotation

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 09:08:21 AM »
yeah, Sinn U1 seems to appear alot recently...but i'm still not getting the feel of the looks yet...maybe i'm to conservative :angel:

Offline rayyanharris

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 10:42:40 AM »
yeah, Sinn U1 seems to appear alot recently...but i'm still not getting the feel of the looks yet...maybe i'm to conservative :angel:

when u say ur more conservative what would be ur taste/ choices in watches?

Offline trial03

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 07:54:55 AM »
Welcome to MWF... ::)

Offline rayyanharris

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 10:09:03 AM »
thanks trial....

Offline Omnipotent

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 10:56:10 AM »

when u say ur more conservative what would be ur taste/ choices in watches?

ummm...3 hands, classic colours... ;)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 01:32:55 PM »
sinn u1 is the german made classic....
u boat steel
harden steel
simple sleek design
so u must own it one day, very affordable, no need instalment

welcome....

Offline rayyanharris

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2011, 08:05:16 PM »
thanks for the info i was planning to check out the watch at HG. something interesting happened i dont know if this is old news for u veteran forummers. i called up a few of the HG outlets and what do u know all of them gave me different prices even before discount. i thought the price should be standardized. can some one enlighten me on this.