Author Topic: Anyone into russians? Pics pls....  (Read 9797 times)

Offline kltime

Anyone into russians? Pics pls....
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:51:12 PM »
WIS Bros,

We often read and see Swiss watches in MWF.
I too hv quite a few Swiss watches and undeniably they are the gold standard other watch manufacturing  countries aspire to in terms of quality, brand recognition/acceptance , history/heritage, technology , craftsmanship , etc. However with growing knowledge and more WIS-dom gained from friends,the net and forums like WUS and MWF plus the opening of RAW in KL my eyes opened to the more 'exotic' non-swiss brands. Certainly the Russians( and off course the Japanese ) hv a history and heritage of their own in watch making. Today I count among my humble collection some Russians.
OK on to the pics... The Aviator Roadmaster with the small seconds subdial was my 1st Russian watch . That really opened my eyes and made me realise the history,heritage and uniqueness of Russian watches. Not to mention the excellent price/value ratio...I was hooked !! Got the 2nd Aviator soon after from the net. The 2nd Aviator is a 24 hour dial. Both are in my rotation and I am pleased with the looks and performance..

Pls share your Russians!!!

Offline maximillian

Re: Anyone into russians? Pics pls....
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 11:00:59 PM »
is the timekeeping ok?i went to RAW a few times..they carry nice brands such as schaumburg..but i am skeptical about the reliability of russian movements..iv heard some are dirty,QC are poor and they tend not to keep time well..can u tell me abt your experience on these timepieces so far?no doubt some of the models carried by the russian brands are quite eye catching  8)
musdus vult decipi ergo decipiatur.veritatem dies aperit.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 05:20:20 AM »
Any pics of the movt?
I see most Russian share the same movt type as the Chinese.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 06:48:19 AM »
schaumburg is german brand

most branded Russian brand use poljot movement for there hand wind n chrono... Both movements is reliable but
not well decorated but do some study online, the history of this movement design is there...

most branded automatic Russian watch still fitted with eta 2824

so I don't see a problem with all these watches...

Qc wise... Buying a more reputable brand with warranty will be better... Vostok, poljot, aviator...

Offline maximillian

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 07:10:01 AM »
yesyes schaumburg is a german brand,i love the design overall and the movt decorations.afaik the poljot chrono mvmt is based on the lemania 3133 right?i have yet to pull the trigger on such model :p been sticking to swiss for quite some time hehe
musdus vult decipi ergo decipiatur.veritatem dies aperit.

Offline kltime

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 01:05:55 PM »

most branded Russian brand use poljot movement for there hand wind n chrono... Both movements is reliable but
not well decorated but do some study online, the history of this movement design is there...

Chris is right. Russian watches primarily uses vostok or poljot based movements. These movements have been around for decades and are proven and reliable workhorses.
Aviator brand is part of the Volmax group which also owns Buran and Stuhrmanskie. By virue of the name they are the official suppliers to the Russian air force including some special edition MIG watches. while I am not the type to test the accuracy of watches on a day to day basis, I find them accrate and reliable enough for daily wear. Both are already more than 1+ yr old and no probs thus far. Bear in mind both are hand winding models with tested power reserve of max about 60hrs and 48 hrs approximately.
WUS has a dedicated forum for russian watches which is very informative and interesting. Search on google and u wld also find lots of useful info and reviews sometimes.
So- anybody else out there with russians?

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 01:14:49 PM »

I used German brand watch... Junkers JU52. But it is using a Poljot 3133 which is the same movement as the Valjoux 7734. I used it since a year ago & so far got no problem.

This is the example that I have done a year ago, comparison between those two movement.

The different between Polyot 3133 & the Valjoux 7734 is the balance wheel on the Poljot is smaller in diameter & you can see the gearing for the chrono on the Poljot is running on jewels. Which is I think better in reliability. The Poljot using 23 jewels & the Valjoux is 17 jewels. Mine power reserve is tested & run for about 64 hours... :thumbsup:

As for the decoration, the movement is not as good look as the Swiss. Of course you need to pay such amount of money also to get a beautiful Swiss movement. I love the Russian/Germany design, for they have something different to offer than the Japanese & the Swiss. Just my 2 cents....
 :Cheers:

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 01:27:51 PM by duniajam »

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 02:33:34 PM »
Nearly buy myself a russian poljot 3133 watch.....

End up buying Fortis chronograph.... ;D

Offline sshark

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 06:27:04 PM »
Just to point out tat the number of jewels does not determine the reliablilty and quality of an ebauche

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 06:43:54 PM »
Just to point out tat the number of jewels does not determine the reliablilty and quality of an ebauche

Yes of course.  :thumbsup: Too many unnecessary jewels also has no purpose... just only for decoration just like the Titoni 77 jewels  ;).  Just only want make my point the different Poljot had made to the movement.

Offline kltime

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 08:09:36 AM »
Any pics of the movt?
I see most Russian share the same movt type as the Chinese.

Russian and chinese movements are definitely distinct and different. Russian watches are normally powered by either poljot or vostok based calibers. The Aviators use Poljot 3105 and 2623 ( 24 hr ) calibers respectively. And although we tend to associate the chinese with cheap replicas available from the likes of Petaling street , they are one of the countries that can manufacture movements apart from the Swiss, Japanese and Russians. Case in point are Seagull and Fiyta brands ( available in Msia) , homegrown chinese brands utilising chinese movements. in fact,chinese movements are the movement of choice among many fashion brands like fossil,etc.

DJ,

nice Junkers u got. Hv been thinking of getting a 3133 myself,since I have 2 watches with valjoux 7750. 

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 09:17:28 AM »
DJ,

nice Junkers u got. Hv been thinking of getting a 3133 myself,since I have 2 watches with valjoux 7750. 

So far I really satisfied with the watch. Russian watch like the Moscow Classic, Aviator, Sturmanskie & mine are limited production.... even though they are not claiming it as limited edition. For example, this model already discontinue. I'm the lucky 2 to get it from R** A***. From the email I got from them a few month ago, they only got 1 more with orange marker at their boutique in SG.

Just like kltime said, Russian movement is definitely different with the Chinese movement. Just to add some info, Russian watch are using their own movement... Vostok, Poljot, Molnija. As for Swiss movement, beside the 2824-2 & 2671, they also using the Valjoux 7750 & 7751 which used by the Buran brand.... of course the price is also high. Just like the Swiss & Japanese movement, they also got a variety calibers to choose from.

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 04:40:33 PM »
i like the russion hot spy...we still talking about the same russian aite...heheh