Author Topic: Opinion  (Read 3761 times)

Offline G.MAC

Opinion
« on: October 12, 2010, 03:36:11 PM »
I recently acquire a PAM183K through a trade. I am very interested to trade it with a Rolex 14060V Submariner ND. I love the Rollie a lot and the condition is like new plus the owner(an acquaintance) is willing to deal at an AD.The problem is that the owner cannot take my PAM183 and trade in for the Sub ND plus cash eventhough my PAM's value is higher. The owner is only interested in a straight trade. Furthermore i have never heard of a tradedown but a trade up is common. So what do you think guys?Just want to know opinions from people.Should i just keep my watch or should i trade in my PAM for the Rolex?

P/S: the current value of my PAM 183 is just slightly higher than the 14060 by about RM1500.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
Re: Opinion
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 07:30:17 PM »
The 14060M is with the AD or with your friend? If the watch is with your friend, why can't he do the trade with cash? Or the trade is he will pay the AD for the 14060M and trade the PAM00183 with you? End of the day, which watch sings to you and can you live with the RM1,500 premium for the 14060M. I can't really give you advise as I am Panerai biased, although I do like the 14060M, more so if it is the older 2 line version, no the COSC stuff on the dial.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2010, 10:48:55 PM »
The 14060 is with my friend. The issue is he is only interested in a straight swap deal and not one with watch plus cash for my PAM183. Both watch sings to me but i am not that comfortable of losing the value of the watch in a tradedown deal. Hence i keep on having second thoughts about it as in this case it is not my friend initiating the trade but myself.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 06:24:44 AM »
value = willing seller + willing buyer

if u feel like not letting it go for that sub.... then keep it
if u desperately wants it then forget bout rm1500 as your thought of fair value, your fair value may not same as your friend...

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 07:58:35 AM »
Yea..I guess you're right Chris. I guess i know roughly what to do now. Thanks guys.