Author Topic: Sinn U1 vs Sinn UX  (Read 11887 times)

Offline Nick M

• Freshie
    • MINI / MASSIVE
Sinn U1 vs Sinn UX
« on: September 02, 2010, 12:10:42 PM »
I have the U1, but the UX has caught my eye, even though it's a quartz.
I think it would be cool to have the UX and as a quartz, I can pick it up and wear it anytime without having to reset the date and time.

So I'm thinking of letting the U1 go to part finance the UX. Am I crazy to do so? :o ::)
Just want to know what the bros on the forum think.

Cheers
Nick

Offline David_cheong

Re: Sinn U1 vs Sinn UX
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 12:21:05 PM »
U1 is mechanical and is a total different concept from UX which is quartz.

IMHO, U1 is more unique. If change to quartz, may regret later. Why not collect both?

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2010, 12:25:36 PM »
Agree with David. U1 is much prefered. If u want a quartz get a gshock. Just my 2 cents
Jacky Wong

Offline Nick M

• Freshie
    • MINI / MASSIVE
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2010, 12:27:20 PM »
Collecting both did cross my mind. The thing that's holding me back is that they both have near identical cases. Without looking at the dial, from a distance hard pressed to tell whether it's a U1 or a UX. I kind of feel that as a result, one is enough in my collection, either a U1 or a UX.
Nick

Offline swleong

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2010, 01:25:35 PM »
hi Nick, you've got PM  ;D

Offline sshark

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 02:18:25 PM »

so fast put up an offer for Nick's U1 ah??? hehehh

Offline besview

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 02:33:13 PM »
A mechanical U1 will always more desirable than a quartz.

Offline swleong

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 03:50:26 PM »

so fast put up an offer for Nick's U1 ah??? hehehh

sometimes there are opportunities can't be missed  ;D

Offline besview

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 08:25:11 PM »
if i remember correctly,the UX has the case filled with liquid so much so that under water the dial is super clear at any angle?

Offline sshark

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 10:35:08 PM »
UX is filled with liquid so that it is incompressible when submerged in high pressure very deep water. At the same time, the dail is more readable because it does not require a thick crystal to cover the watch.

Offline besview

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2010, 11:09:14 PM »
Some Sinn models have the argon gas capsule and needs to be sent to germany to be refilled and that is a pain.I wonder if the UX  needs that too

Offline sshark

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2010, 02:43:13 AM »
Yes, you must send back to factory for batt change. And the batt will last for 7 years.

Offline bullosa

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 07:54:28 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but the topic is too interesting to pass. Hehe...in my opinion the 2 are not comparable. The U1 is a simple ETA2824-2 automatic, unique look but nothing special with when it comes to the movement. The UX on the other hand while it is a quartz, is perhaps the last few quartz watches offered with ETA Thermocompensated quartz from European stables. These are unlike the normal cheap pedestrian quartz. They are designed and built for extreme high accuracy. It is common to hear that thermocompensated quartz drift lest then 5 seconds per year. The downside of the milspec UX is the oil filled case which requires sending the watch to Frankfurt for batt replacement every 7-8 years. I'd choose the UX over the U1 on any day although I keep both autos as well as quartz watches.

Cheers!

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2010, 12:57:49 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum but the topic is too interesting to pass. Hehe...in my opinion the 2 are not comparable. The U1 is a simple ETA2824-2 automatic, unique look but nothing special with when it comes to the movement. The UX on the other hand while it is a quartz, is perhaps the last few quartz watches offered with ETA Thermocompensated quartz from European stables. These are unlike the normal cheap pedestrian quartz. They are designed and built for extreme high accuracy. It is common to hear that thermocompensated quartz drift lest then 5 seconds per year. The downside of the milspec UX is the oil filled case which requires sending the watch to Frankfurt for batt replacement every 7-8 years. I'd choose the UX over the U1 on any day although I keep both autos as well as quartz watches.

Cheers!

Well said. Spoken like a true WIS  :thumbsup:

:Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2010, 01:12:32 PM »
I choose u1 due to it's design n it's easy to
maintain

the u1 hands made the different! It's a true unique design
no other watch look the same

yes, eta 2824-2 is nothing to shout about. But most Swiss auto watches fitted with this, it's relibility is proven! And parts it's easy to find, all local watchmaker is familiar with it!
Even to change the whole movement will not cost u a bomb

I'm not some1 who time my watch everday n always wanted the accuracy within 1/2 second a day...
Some ppl want to justify price with accuracy
n i dont

Wristking

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2010, 02:41:23 PM »