Author Topic: Caution !!!!  (Read 4715 times)

Offline mnazri.tan

• Time As It Is
    • Time As It Is.....
Caution !!!!
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:23:24 AM »
Due to my obsession with my new G-Shock GA-100, and with strong interest in acquiring another G-Shock,  i browse through several website last night in the hope to get a good bargain or unique / rare species.

To my surprise, i come across with these at local & famous trading website.

this model and 2 other convincing unit of GA-100 model, that at first glance look like a real deal. The catch, it sells at RM 125.00 only. So i quickly send an email to the seller and today get a reply in which

- admitting that this is fake, well at least there is a bit of honesty there
- the buyer claim "This one function, save light, weight same like original. Engine from japan, casing in thailand."

I dont really mind people buying replica, if that is indeed their choice, but rather worried that without realizing, someone might get con.In addition I am worried that if this could arrive in those who claim as AD, but mix it with original piece for better profit.

But again , in all honesty i dont quite get it why would they want to replicate the G-Shock (well it is widely available in many pasar malam). It is not a very expensive watch anyway...Anyhow whatever it is, decision is yours. But for those who intended to purchase the original GA-100 model be reminded that

-Do your study before your purchase. The fake is almost identical, but with trained eyes i manage to spot the differences even before the seller reply my email
-Perhaps AD is still the best choice... Slightly pricier but G-Shock and other Casio price mostly almost similar in every shop. In many places they don't even give discount for G-Shock. Back in 1997 , when i first bought my G-Shock i didn't get any discount as well.
-Be careful with online purchasing, always get from reliable website, or seller u know well
-If you buy it from local AD, make sure the warranty is from Marco Group. In any event of dispute , you can always contact those people at Marco

[Info to commercial content removed - Mod]

Now, i have some picture. As i said, at the first glance most of it look identical but look out for small details like. Fake watch on the left, the original on the right.
-On the dial, at 6'clock the color of G-Shock word has specific color according to model. Yellow model is blue, Blue model is blue, Black Stealth Model is Greyish, Black/Red model is red.
-Text on Bezel, it has its own color as well.
-The three sub dial on top part, two of it is LCD, however if you look closely you would notice the fake watch look slightly different , suggesting limitation on function.
-Of course, if you check out the function, the fake watch do not have full function for example the awesome tachymeter  - Click http://zhenendeavor.blogspot.com/2010/08/re-united.html to my posting for complete review

for more picture feel free to visit my blog http://zhenendeavor.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:25:38 PM by takashi78 »

Offline sshark

Re: Caution !!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 11:09:24 AM »
Wah liao. now they imitate what they can. swiss watches r not alone. scary  :'(

but.. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Offline adrian

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 06:10:43 PM »
Wah liao. now they imitate what they can. swiss watches r not alone. scary  :'(

but.. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Now? This has been going for ages. The cheap fakes are the most profitable bcoz demand is high. Brands like Swatch, Adidas, Nike, Guess, etc.

RM125 is expensive. I saw these before and Frogman, Riseman, Gulfman selling for RM50. These were bought by parents for their kids, low income earners, foreign workers, etc.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 11:52:23 AM »
agree. must study before buying. i myself was almost dupe to buy a titanium frogman. luckily the price was too good to be true. rm30 for a titanium frogman.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline npk

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »
Hi,

I am new in this Forum...

Is there a way to determine if a CASIO Edifice is fake or genuine?

Thanks in advance.

NPK