Author Topic: My Collection  (Read 9619 times)

Offline chiewata

Re: My Collection
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 11:19:32 PM »

Nice vintage omega u got there. What model/year is it?
Good also to see another Malaysian vostok Amphibian owner :Cheers:

I also not sure which year la bro didn't really trace la.......the Vostok is not working already  :Blue: :Blue: dunno can repair or not

Nice collection. The Omega is from the 40s. There should be the W.W.W. and some other marking on the case back (serial number). It is a military issue. I suspect the hands are wrong for the watch.

i remember once reading a very heated debate revolved the originality of some parts within the watch movement of a vintage panerai, one guys argues that during time of war where supplies of parts is scarce it is not uncommon that replacement parts will be used whenever it is available. Therefore I always use this to comfort myself ....XDDD

Offline chiewata

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 11:21:28 PM »

Nice collection. The Omega is from the 40s. There should be the W.W.W. and some other marking on the case back (serial number). It is a military issue. I suspect the hands are wrong for the watch.

Very interesting...Military issue for whom if I may ask- British/Germany? Switzerland was a neutral country during the war.
[/quote]

yes neutral that's why both sides make money loh..... :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: one side they Omega supplied watches to British another side IWC made Buhr for German Luftwaffe  ...... good money man.... :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline kltime

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 10:14:15 AM »
thx bro for remind me that I forgot about them leh....XD

Vostok Europe which also uses vostok engine are also sold locally...so I think you could probably repair it. Russian watches have a rich military history and tradition as well...Bcos of this,the designs tend to be simple but tough and robust compared to the swiss. case in point is the date setting feature....

Offline Fred

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2010, 10:47:02 AM »
Chiew: Beautiful pictures and very handsome collections u have :thumbsup:

Offline cheefai7

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2010, 02:57:03 PM »
Drooling over the Leica...

Offline mrYong

« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 12:05:44 PM »
gorgeous collection

Offline thalis

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 01:15:54 PM »
Dang......... you gotta love that mil Omega...

Offline kenixck

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2010, 06:06:01 AM »
loyal guy - all black dials  :thumbsup: